Has anyone gone East? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has anyone gone East?

The Cabot Trail is great, but it only takes a couple of (leisurely) days to ride it.

This is why I'm thinking of trailering out to the NB area and just doing the coastal stuff in 3-4 days, and then trailering home. I'm in the process of starting a custom trailer now, frame is in the driveway.

The biggest issue we had was the weather. We went in late June, and it was COLD and rainy much of the time. I'm talking six or seven degrees on the Cabot Trail.

This was something a fellow rider mentioned to me last night while out for coffee. Not something I expected. I've been to the coast lots of time all through ME and Fundy as you did, but not right to the far northeastern edge of it...guess the weather is different out there. Was kind thinking we'd be looking at sometime in August honestly, are things downhill after June however?

It was just our bad luck, I think. It was a particularly cold winter, and a very slow start to the spring. By the time we were on the way home it was beautiful. Doesn't it always work that way? ;)

One thing I should note: I wish we spent more time in Lunenburg. It's a really nice place and has some great pubs and restaurants. I have a friend who works part time at a kayak tour company, and he took us out for the morning in the Blue Rocks area (about 1 km outside of town). One of the highlights of the trip.

I loved the Cabot Trail, nothing compares to it so far. The cliffs dropping off into the ocean, the change of climate going through the mountain. It's raining alot of times when you go through the mountains. It might be dry in the lowlands but change on a dime. Oh yeah beware of the fog too

^Yup, don't let the pictures fool you. I think every picture I've ever seen of the Cabot Trail were taken from the same spot on a sunny day. Counter clockwise starting in the morning was as advertised, coming down the north side in afternoon was wet, foggy and cold. I had the windows rolled up for that bit. Should have taken two days, overnight in Meat Cove. You have to go to Meat Cove.

Back
Top Bottom