Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto

I do all my work on a concrete floor. Now all of you have given me notions. You are all bad influences on my wallet

A piece of that checkerboard looking foam excercise mat (4'x8') from Canadian tire makes a world of difference especially in the winter. It keeps your feet surprisingly insulated from the cold concrete when you're spending 100 or so hours building a new race bike over the winter. I have three of them in my garage. Once they get really beat up I throw them out and get new ones. I've had the current ones 3 years.

A piece of that checkerboard looking foam excercise mat (4'x8') from Canadian tire makes a world of difference especially in the winter. It keeps your feet surprisingly insulated from the cold concrete when you're spending 100 or so hours building a new race bike over the winter. I have three of them in my garage. Once they get really beat up I throw them out and get new ones. I've had the current ones 3 years.
Thanks for the tips - and it's much softer than standing on concrete too. After my mechanic (and good friend) passed away recently, I have decided to start doing as much as I can on my own bike. There was never much incentive to do my own work when he would do a better job, faster and for free. I'm glad I did spend a lot of time watching him work on my bike while slowly buying enough tools to get me started. Between bike specific forums and youtube - let the fails begin!

Back
Top Bottom