Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto

Is there a way to use these things while doing anything that requires you to yank a wheel / forks / swingarm? Maybe it's obvious and I just have no imagination
I assume the chock can be removed and just use regular stands

Is there a way to use these things while doing anything that requires you to yank a wheel / forks / swingarm? Maybe it's obvious and I just have no imagination

Rear wheel not a problem, you can put the bike on your paddock stand (or center stand, if so equipped) on top of the lift ... and there is a hatch you can remove to drop the wheel out the bottom in case you are dealing with a touring bike or some other situation where there is something in the way of taking the rear wheel out the back.

Front, depending on what type of front stand you have, you may be able to get it on the front stand while on the lift.

There are some chores that pretty much require hanging the bike from the ceiling ... the lift is a tool, not a magician.

Scissor jack under the pan and strap the other end of the bike. Works for pulling forks or swingarm. Princess Auto chainfall from the garage ceiling is also exceptionally helpful when doing motor swaps alone. ie- pull front end, lower bike onto pan, remove engine bolts, lift front of bike off motor using chainfall through front of frame.

I'd say grab it Shane. Smoking deal and prob only once/yr. If you need help getting it home I may be able to do so, you know how to get ahold of me.

I believe there are two versions available. The first one is a hydraulic foot pump model and the second is a hydraulic/pneumatic unit, thus the price difference. I purchased the hydraulic foot pump unit in the spring when they were on sale because friend (of a friend...) said his pneumatic version was jerky/rough to operate. I opted to use an articulating wheel chock up front (Royal Dist.) in lieu of the cheesy (and arguably dangerous) one provided. My rear wheel jack didn't quite fit (a tad too wide) until I bent the rearward side lip enough to provide clearance for the jack wheels. Oh don't forget to bolt down the front articulating wheel chock if you opt for this configuration. Anyway I love this thing. Cleaning, oil changes, chain lube is now a breeze. No more bending over and keeping off the aging knees is nice. I haven't tried the front wheel jack yet but I'm sure it will also work.

Happy Apexes!

^^Awe thanks meme. I called PA and they said it was a one day sale good for last Saturday only:(
It's still on sale, but at a different price of $560. She also told me that it's now discontinued and they are not expected to get them back in again.
I said I would think about it and call her back. This one is the one with the foot pump but I think it can also hook up to a compressor too.

Two minutes later, she calls me back to tell me they have only one left and if I want to come and get it they will honour the 50% off sale price:)
I think it should fit in our car, but it's pretty heavy!
There's two left in the Bolton store if anyone else is interested.

Get it!!! Yes the foot pump can also be hooked up to your compressor and it is a bit jerky. I couldn't live without mine. I store my bike on it with front/rear stands 365 days a year and it actually makes it so you require less room to get work done on the bike. Drilling, safety wiring, oil changes, coolant changes, brake bleeding, pad changes, tire changes, and generally everything is easier. It can also double as a height adjustable work bench and you don't loose tools as often because they're all on the lift table instead of the floor being kicked around. The front wheel chock it comes with is useless (pretty sure I scrapped mine) and a piece of foam pipe insulation down the sides will save you from banging your schin or ankle off it which hurts like a bugger.

Last edited:
It is heavy but it comes flat packed. Seats folded it may fit.

Can't bloody tell you the amount of times shin, ankle has been hurt. Good tip dricked.

^^Awe thanks meme. I called PA and they said it was a one day sale good for last Saturday only:(
It's still on sale, but at a different price of $560. She also told me that it's now discontinued and they are not expected to get them back in again.
I said I would think about it and call her back. This one is the one with the foot pump but I think it can also hook up to a compressor too.

Two minutes later, she calls me back to tell me they have only one left and if I want to come and get it they will honour the 50% off sale price:)
I think it should fit in our car, but it's pretty heavy!
There's two left in the Bolton store if anyone else is interested.
If it's still there I will get one.

Picked this lift up today and have to say I'm liking it. Very fast to put together and the foot pump is way easier to use than I expected. It also has an air hose connected for compressor hookup, but I'll just use the foot pump. My bike has a centre-stand, so no need for the chock either. The price point on this thing is so well worth it.

Sorry to hear that. I read from another thread about them a while ago that they have been known to honour the sale prices even as much as 2 weeks after the sale has ended.

Back
Top Bottom