Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto

Veej

I own one, love it. For the amount of times I actually need to hoist it I didn't bother with pneumatics.

Wrenched for a long time from the floor, bring it up to workable height has been a dream.

Ya that's what I want the height to work at a comfortably, instead of lying on the garage floor studying the oil and dirt patterns on the concrete.

I think I'm gonna go with the one that has air on it, for $150 extra, I also like the colour and I've got a compressor that I use for other things.

Any tips or tricks? Some people claim to have changed the chock that comes on it to one that's more sturdier?

Also regarding the drop out tail, do use that to position the bike to change the tire? Obviously you need to have the bike secured from above with ratchet tie downs or can it work with tie downs secured to the lift?

Sorry so new to the lift, I've been using my moto master jack all these years

I'm a track rat so tire changes usually occur in the middle of a parking lot, I dunno if I've ever tried on the lift. Plus I'm 5'2 and female, to be able to hold up rear while positioning caliper and getting axle in requires a "boost" from my foot jammed underneath. I just don't have the grunt to hold it. I usually don't hold my tongue (swearing is not optional in this phase.

Front chock is very basic, I've seen a padded version I'm assuming is to protect rims.

No tricks, pretty basic. When you roll it up the front of the lift has no feet, so expect a tip if you haven't got the underside propped. As the scissor extends it "sits back" on the ones mounted further back.

If the extra 150 is no big deal I'd go for the other one then. Best friend has one in her garage, really cool but I decided basic is enough for me.

Mines yellow too!

With my bike up on the front/rear stand tire changes are easy and removing the plate isn't necessary to remove the rear tire atleast with my bikes. I never used the chock because it was in the way of my front stand and being able to get the front in the air is important to me. I've never needed to tie my bike down to the stand either.

I spend a lot of time working on my bikes and couldn't imagine doing it all without my lift. I've been trying to find an aluminum table to use at the track because my lift spoiled me so much.

I didn't use the air until this year and if you've got a compressor you'll like not having to pump your foot 100x to get the bike up.

I picked up the pneumatic one last week. So far, I'm quite happy with it, for the money. I tried the foot pump. It works surprisingly well. Unless you plan on using it a lot, you may be just as happy saving the $150. (I wasn't aware of the cheaper model)
I can't believe that I waited this long to get one.

I just recently got the hydraulic foot-pump one. It's great and it will save my aging back.

I went with the air operated one. added 2 casters on the front. I can now move the lift with a bike on it. and changed the chock.

Haven't had any serious problems with my bikes that would require a lift. I suppose I might pick one up if I was doing a ground-up resto, but not for oil changes and the occasional repair. It would just take up room in the garage.

I had a bike engine break a wrist-pin a couple of weeks after picking up my hoist. Engine is apart on the bench now waiting for parts ... and the engine-less bike is on the hoist!

Haven't had any serious problems with my bikes that would require a lift. I suppose I might pick one up if I was doing a ground-up resto, but not for oil changes and the occasional repair. It would just take up room in the garage.

I haven't had any serious issues on both my bikes as well, just the usually maintenance and wear and tear like: tire changes, fork seal breaks and oil changes, valve adjustments etc, well I'll need to open my R1200C up this winter for an oil leak issue, which I picked up a few months ago on an awesome deal. I always loved the look of this first Cruiser BMW ever made, It's like a Art Deco piece, the wheels are chrome spokes and s pain to clean but look amazing when done properly and the lift will definitely help with cleaning. Well to the point, this cruiser can't be picked up with my Moto Master Jack, cause the exhaust runs lower than the engine block, it needs to be picked up by the engine block, I got another jack for that but it's not stable with-out tie downs. So the lift will come in handy for that.

Regarding space, I have a 2 car garage so one side has the car the other has both bikes, I'm gonna use the lift as bike holder for one of the bikes, so just ride her up on it and park her on there. I may just change the chock on the PA Lift to one from Kapasco, they have a 30% off Black Friday sale this week-end.

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi3015-l.htm

This chock might be easier to mount on the lift...

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/powerfist-adjustable-motorcycle-wheel-chock/A-p8240145e

8240145.jpg

Thanks for the input Gatekeeper, I might pick this one up as well, it's just the one from Kapasco is cheaper with the 30% discount, comes out to $60, plus they have this other one at $68 with a 30% discount comes $48 to it's got holes to mount on it as well. I may pick both the PA and Kapasco one, as I can return either one that don't work Can't believe PA want $89 for this one below.

So I purchased the same lift as above and also installed the better chock that Gatekeeper suggested. Had to drill a couple of holes but works great. The lift it self struggles to lift my Harley but works well with lighter bikes. Overall for the price its hard to beat

How heavy is your HD?

So I purchased the same lift as above and also installed the better chock that Gatekeeper suggested. Had to drill a couple of holes but works great. The lift it self struggles to lift my Harley but works well with lighter bikes. Overall for the price its hard to beat

Hey guys, just want to thank you all and update you on the lift and Chock.

So picked it up on Saturday for $488 and the PA Chock for $89.99 - (thanks Gate Keeper for the recommendation) the PA chock is a heavier better quality one than the one from Kapasco Moto, hence the price difference, will be returning the Kapsco ones. Also lucky me the chock went on sale today at PA for $59.99 so gonna go tonight to get a price adjustment.

The lift is awesome, working will definitely, be a pleasure working on the bike.

Once again thanks ya all... !

I actually find it takes less space in the garage.

With the bike on and lifted, it gives me space on both sides to put stuff around, with the bike parked I couldn't put said things around. Not sure if that makes any sense

Is there a way to use these things while doing anything that requires you to yank a wheel / forks / swingarm? Maybe it's obvious and I just have no imagination

Back
Top Bottom