Ontario debt now $298 billion - $21,000 per person | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario debt now $298 billion - $21,000 per person

I think Ontario is done. I was in Toronto for 2 days, I'm just at the airport flying back, but it reminds me very much of the North of England in the 1970's.

Its dirty, gray, the infrastructure is crumbling, no one looks happy. Where ever you go you have to listen to people griping all the time. The government is selling off assets to keep afloat, there is 0 incentive for any local or foreign investment, the manufacturing base has fled and the only jobs left are really civil servants.

Compare Toronto to somewhere like Vancouver. I was visiting a customer there two weeks ago. Its vibrant, lively, well maintained, clean. They have attracted a ton of investment from local and international companies. Boeing, Cisco, Microsoft, Honda, Toyota, Prime Focus, Shaw and Telus are investing billions in new facilities. Even taking taxies or riding public transit is a pleasure, they don't smell.

You need someone in power who can stimulate investment and economic growth. That's not going to happen in the foreseeable future. People also need to take some nasty medicine - "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country", didn't Mayor Quimby say that :)

I'm a proud Canadian but enough is enough and I really don't want to be standing in a soup kitchen line or for my kids to have no future. I have some First Nations ancestry, and the European side of my family were Scots and Irish who have been here from 1750, you can go to the grave yard in Fergus and see them all lined up but I can't sit around here and watch this train wreck any longer. I think I got out at good time and was able to sell my house before the bubble burst.

Kathleen Whine will get another majority in 2018 and Trudeau has absolutely no economic plan. I don't know what this country will be like in 4 years time, Greece?

On the big + side I now get to ride 365 days a year :) Last weekend I did about 500 miles down Skyline, 9 and around Hollister and Carmel Valley. It was 85 degrees :)

Its dirty, gray, the infrastructure is crumbling, no one looks happy. Where ever you go you have to listen to people griping all the time. The government is selling off assets to keep afloat, there is 0 incentive for any local or foreign investment, the manufacturing base has fled and the only jobs left are really civil servants.

Compare Toronto to somewhere like Vancouver. I was visiting a customer there two weeks ago. Its vibrant, lively, well maintained, clean. They have attracted a ton of investment from local and international companies. Boeing, Cisco, Microsoft, Honda, Toyota, Prime Focus, Shaw and Telus are investing billions in new facilities. Even taking taxies or riding public transit is a pleasure, they don't smell.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. I just moved back to Ontario after many years in BC and you're right. There seems to be a sense of hopeless here.

I personally don't like Christy Clark but I will say her first priority seems to be investment and jobs. I work for Cisco and they are pumping so much cash into BC at the moment and her government were instrumental in that. They call it San Jose North. That huge new facility is amazing. You don't see that in Toronto. In fact many companies are pulling out of Toronto.

There also seems to be an enormous amount of paranoia about the NDP and Conservatives, so people keep voting for the same party over and over again and expecting a different result. I lived here during the Bob Rae era and wasn't happy but come on people, its 20 years later, things change, give them another chance. And someone above said something about the Conservatives belonging to the new world order :roll: That is really some tin foil hat stuff :)

Last edited:
BTW. This is my favourite NWO conspiracy theory... if I can figure out how to post it...

[video=youtube;YKRFlNryaWw?t=53]https://youtu.be/YKRFlNryaWw?t=53[/video]

Scrub to 0:53

Last edited:
And someone above said something about the Conservatives belonging to the new world order

nwotrio.jpg

Well I would vote for the Hulk, although I preferred The Macho Man..... Oh Yeaaaah!!!

Cut away!
Start by cutting the politician's salary.
Didn't rob ford give away some of his salary?
Listening to the radio today i overheard how the government will match dollar for dollar any donations citizens make towards Syrian refugees.

LOL, so they will match my money with my money!? Awesome!! no, not really....
They take it from you. It's their $$ now

I think he gave away all his celery.

Didn't rob ford give away some of his salary?

I hated that guy but if that's true he just jumped up in my estimation.

Particularly when you compare him with guys like Bill Blair. He pocked $370k and a $220k yearly pension when he walked + he's now getting $180k from parliament and will get that for the rest of his life if he can get elected again.

All Ford did was take crack. This guy ordered his officers to talk off their badge numbers and beat people down in the street, many of whom were bystanders. I wonder how much of his salary he will give away.

And my wife wonders why I voted NDP :)

Last edited:
I hated that guy but if that's true he just jumped up in my estimation.

Particularly when you compare him with guys like Bill Blair. He pocked $370k and a $220k yearly pension when he walked + he's now getting $180k from parliament and will get that for the rest of his life if he can get elected again.

All Ford did was take crack. This guy ordered his officers to talk off their badge numbers and beat people down in the street, many of whom were bystanders. I wonder how much of his salary he will give away.

And my wife wonders why I voted NDP :)
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/03/rob-ford-net-worth-salary-rehab_n_5555481.html

Back
Top Bottom