Ontario debt now $298 billion - $21,000 per person | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario debt now $298 billion - $21,000 per person

sadly, and I know this conversation has gone on in various forums, you ain't seen nothing yet. There is no plan in place or on the horizon on how to get the spending in check.
Liberal provincial+Liberal federal= a standard of living that will be awesome, unaffordable but awesome.

Lets start by getting Kathleen Wynne out.

In the provincial elections of 2018......................

we have 25 thousand refugees coming in, I am sure we can share the debt with them as well....let them take on some of it.........yahhhh right.....

Maybe they will be a tax burden, maybe they will actually help our economy. A quick Googling suggests that there isn't much of a difference between immigrants/refugees and regular Canadians when it comes to welfare and social assistance, etc.

it sucks that the ontario govt has been adding to our debt, but the only way out of it is to either severely cut programs/funding or raise taxes, and it seems we don't really want to do either.

maybe we should have toronto split off into its own province :)

Maybe they will be a tax burden, maybe they will actually help our economy. A quick Googling suggests that there isn't much of a difference between immigrants/refugees and regular Canadians when it comes to welfare and social assistance, etc.

Don't spoil the fun by making sense. Oh, and all of the 25K will be sick and old, wouldn't you know it ... ??

Don't spoil the fun by making sense. Oh, and all of the 25K will be sick and old, wouldn't you know it ... ??

You're onto something..if we cull the sick and old and young and vulnerable among us that will reduce all the healthcare costs in Ontario and we can reduce the debt.

These people are always "someone else's problem"....I'm actually quite proud to live in a society that has some compassion and can help the less fortunate IN THE WORLD and I honestly don't mind paying a bit for that. ~

I'm quite surprised by this. I thought it was around $8Bn - not that $8bn is good. Maybe I'm thinking of a different number.

I was browsing through their web site the other day for something else and found this diagram explaining how the provincial budget works...

finance_cycle_en.png

It's a clear as mud :roll:

Last edited:
we have 25 thousand refugees coming in, I am sure we can share the debt with them as well....let them take on some of it.........yahhhh right.....

But majority are coming to Toronto and a smaller number to other Ontario cities. What's wrong with Quebec City? Or Montreal? Or Edmonton? Or Winterpeg? Or Vancouver?

Why are we picking up the tab?

John Tory has already free dental care lined up for them all :)

The only thing I remember from high school English Literature is a quote from Charles Dickens:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds, nineteen shillings and six pence, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds and six pence, result misery"

Seems quite appropriate :)

I fundamentally believe that in government, regardless of party, people fail up. My father always said that politics was the last resort for most elected officials before they found them selves homeless on the street :cheese:

I did my first year of Computer Science at Guelph. The classes was given by a lady called Liz MacNaughton, now called Liz Sandals. Yes. That Liz Sandals. I think she was the most vacuous person I even met. She was fired at the end of the semester, and its pretty hard to dislodge a teacher, and now she is responsible for educating a million kids

it sucks that the ontario govt has been adding to our debt, but the only way out of it is to either severely cut programs/funding or raise taxes, and it seems we don't really want to do either.

maybe we should have toronto split off into its own province :)

Cut away!
Start by cutting the politician's salary.

Of course it is not just the $21K, your portion of the federal debt is another $17K+ for a total of nearly $39K! BTW for all the conbots here, Harper was responsible for just about a quarter of that national debt, so conservatism is hardly an answer based on track record. Under collecting is just as bad as under spending, both can result in structural deficit.

The Ontario Liberals of course have nearly doubled the provincial debt over that same time period, so yes they are total crap and even worse than Harper...

Listening to the radio today i overheard how the government will match dollar for dollar any donations citizens make towards Syrian refugees.

LOL, so they will match my money with my money!? Awesome!! no, not really....

Lets start by getting Kathleen Wynne out.

In the provincial elections of 2018......................

Not unless the "Progressive" Conservatives come to their senses and actually get to be just right of centre instead of a km away. As things stand right now I could actually see another run for the Provincial Liberals.

Not unless the "Progressive" Conservatives come to their senses and actually get to be just right of centre instead of a km away. As things stand right now I could actually see another run for the Provincial Liberals.

The cons aren't conservative anymore. Though I'm not sure when they were. They have been cut from the same cloth as the liberals its just a question of who gets the hand out. The conservative parties seem to be selling out the people to corporate interests. And rather than welfare for the people we have welfare for corporate interests, often foreign. If you showed me evidence the cons were part of a new world order cult I could believe it.

Back
Top Bottom