SS resale prices | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS resale prices

Is the R6S considered a super sport? I've been told by The Personal that they don't insure SS bikes numerous times and as far as I know the R6S isn't quite the same as an R6.

I quoted an R6S only 'cuz my brother had an R6 and it was a torture rack for me versus (up until last year) I was using a 2003 R6 as a track bike and it was much less of a torture rack and something I could ride on the street. so while changing my insurane information a few months back (i moved) I asked for a quote on the R6S (which is an 03/04 R6 if I'm not mistaken)

Try allstate. They give good rates for bikes if you're at least 30 and have your M.

Thanks for the tip. I will give them a shout!

On another note... If I can save $500+ a year and ride a SV1k, I should be able to justify the savings to the wife and get something bigger and even add comfort as a collateral benefit...

With the news of statefarm raising rates on SS bikes to a point where many people will be unable to afford it, do you guys see any impact on SS resale prices in Ontario? It seems to me that there will be a much smaller number of people looking for these bikes now that it is so expensive to insure.

this is a real concern.

TD covers my SS, they were cheaper than SF even before the takeover.

someone posted last week that TD is getting out of the automotive insurance business.....hope this is not true.
l will be calling them.

does allstate insure ss bike?
Allstate has insured my R6, ZX6R, 1198, R1 and I was quoted $849/yr for a Busa for liability +fire/theft.

Mississauga postal code.
My cars and home are with them as well.

Is the R6S considered a super sport? I've been told by The Personal that they don't insure SS bikes numerous times and as far as I know the R6S isn't quite the same as an R6.
The r6s is basically a rebadged 03-04 r6...so yes it's a supersport

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

someone posted last week that TD is getting out of the automotive insurance business.....hope this is not true.
l will be calling them.

I posted that I got a letter stating that my TD insurance would be changing to another "division". Currently I am with TD Insurance. Upon renewal my policy will be with TD General Insurance Company, (TDGI). So TD is not getting out of the auto/bike insurance just "restructuring"

Allstate has insured my R6, ZX6R, 1198, R1 and I was quoted $849/yr for a Busa for liability +fire/theft.

Mississauga postal code.
My cars and home are with them as well.

When you referred me to Grant @ AllState a couple of years ago, I was able to insure just my SS with them. The following year when I sold and was looking to get a new SS, he advised me that they would not do a stand-alone policy for new clients on SS bikes, but since I had been with him before he would "see what he could do".

I ended up buying a cafe racer.. so that was the end of that.

When you referred me to Grant @ AllState a couple of years ago, I was able to insure just my SS with them. The following year when I sold and was looking to get a new SS, he advised me that they would not do a stand-alone policy for new clients on SS bikes, but since I had been with him before he would "see what he could do".

I ended up buying a cafe racer.. so that was the end of that.

Nice! Congrats on the new ride!

Yeah one thing I appreciate about Grant is he tells you what he can and can't do. Only reason I know about him is he was my State Farm agent many years ago haha.

I hope they don't shift around the definition of SS. Couple years back I had to move my insurance when they deemed my beloved torque rich antique a road hazard or some such. Insurance people, they're a wily bunch they are.
That bike should have been deemed UGLY :)

There's a more of the province than just GTA and insurance isn't too bad.

Well I'm based pretty far out of the GTA, just for the sake of comparison I got a quote under the new system on my old bike:

Last year, 1776/yr Daytona 675
Next year, 3010/yr Daytona 675

Reasonable is a relative term but damn...

It's simple math.
They don't want the liability and higher risk for riders therefore they will jack up the prices for those than can pay it.
They will make a higher margin on fewer people but more importantly reduce their risk pool.
Btw- the Government e.g OHIP doesn't want to cover the costs for riders either therefore the Government will capitulate.

The real problem that needs to be addressed is the people riding WITHOUT insurance...same for drivers.
Will the prices go back down...not likely...think about it with all these safer devices in cars now and all the other things implements for safer roads and drives e.g. graduated licenses...but the rates did NOT go down..just up.

Ontario is becoming a Province if extremes imo.

Well I'm based pretty far out of the GTA, just for the sake of comparison I got a quote under the new system on my old bike:

Last year, 1776/yr Daytona 675
Next year, 3010/yr Daytona 675

Reasonable is a relative term but damn...

Thats insane. I pay $3000/ year to insure my Monster 620, but thats due to my age (<25) /driving record (2 minor tickets), Next year I have a clean slate so rates should drop..

Your rates were 1776 last year, which leads me to believe you had a fairly good driving record. Assuming you still have the same record.. thats a hell of an increase; paying almost double will make many riders sell their bikes.

Thats insane. I pay $3000/ year to insure my Monster 620, but thats due to my age (<25) /driving record (2 minor tickets), Next year I have a clean slate so rates should drop..

Your rates were 1776 last year, which leads me to believe you had a fairly good driving record. Assuming you still have the same record.. thats a hell of an increase; paying almost double will make many riders sell their bikes.

Spotless record, it's based on what I posted to the forum a couple months ago where no one thought it would happen...lol

At least the VFR is almost nothing to insure

Spotless record, it's based on what I posted to the forum a couple months ago where no one thought it would happen...lol

At least the VFR is almost nothing to insure

26, m2, 06 675, clean record. - 1,400 for the year full coverage w/ statefarm in Oakville. Call around !

Is that for next year under the new underwriting policy

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom