SS resale prices | GTAMotorcycle.com

SS resale prices

DOHC1

With the news of statefarm raising rates on SS bikes to a point where many people will be unable to afford it, do you guys see any impact on SS resale prices in Ontario? It seems to me that there will be a much smaller number of people looking for these bikes now that it is so expensive to insure.

Bring on the good condition track bikes I say

SF isn't the only insurer out there. Just need to do more shopping I guess.

SF isn't the only insurer out there. Just need to do more shopping I guess.

Do you know of others that offer decent rates on SS bikes or will even insure them? Mine will just refuse to even cover them.

Insurance rates on these bikes already affected my choice of bikes. I'd likely have owned several SS bikes by now but I couldn't find an insurer that would cover them except for SF and SF's rates are still pretty crap for me (they actually told me their rates for anything in Toronto are bad except for SS bikes).

Actually, if it weren't for insurance costs in general I'd probably own 2-3x as many vehicles.

Good to know!

I hope they don't shift around the definition of SS. Couple years back I had to move my insurance when they deemed my beloved torque rich antique a road hazard or some such. Insurance people, they're a wily bunch they are.

I hope they don't shift around the definition of SS. Couple years back I had to move my insurance when they deemed my beloved torque rich antique a road hazard or some such. Insurance people, they're a wily bunch they are.
What bike was that?

M2 Cyclone

Just put Blast stickers on the tank

B Last?

Maybe they think you're an insurance hazard.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Bring on the good condition track bikes I say

Lets also hope that all the SS riders who suddenly can't afford to insure their bikes go out looking to buy sport touring bikes. Looks like it will be easy to sell my Ducati Monster in the spring!

I am actually getting kind of scared about the increases I have been hearing about...

30, male, no claims, M, car/car/home/bike

I pay $875 thru State Farm (combo plan) and I just cross-referenced to TD MM and it's $1500... Tolerable but not terribly easy to swallow.

2009 GSX-R600 for sale coming soon...

Ohhh snap, you guys think there'll be more parts bikes available?

Maybe this is exactly what I needed to get a deal on some Gixxer front forks and a rear shock for my naked SV saaaahweeeeeetttttt

"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!"

If the prices of SS bikes come down maybe I'll buy one ... my SV1K right now is only a bit of $400 / yr (liability+fire+theft ~ no collision)

I got a quote from my insurance company (the personal) for an R6S for 600 / yr

If the prices of SS bikes come down maybe I'll buy one ... my SV1K right now is only a bit of $400 / yr (liability+fire+theft ~ no collision)

I got a quote from my insurance company (the personal) for an R6S for 600 / yr
Is the R6S considered a super sport? I've been told by The Personal that they don't insure SS bikes numerous times and as far as I know the R6S isn't quite the same as an R6.

I am actually getting kind of scared about the increases I have been hearing about...

30, male, no claims, M, car/car/home/bike

I pay $875 thru State Farm (combo plan) and I just cross-referenced to TD MM and it's $1500... Tolerable but not terribly easy to swallow.

2009 GSX-R600 for sale coming soon...
Try allstate. They give good rates for bikes if you're at least 30 and have your M.

I'm actually pretty excited about this lol

We'll have too much supply and not enough demand if insurance does get jacked up....that means I can buy a second GSXR to use for spare parts!

On the flip side of things, over a few years this may reach equilibrium by outright killing the SS market =/

Back
Top Bottom