Finding a License Plate Frame... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finding a License Plate Frame...

Ride_Safe

So I've been looking with no luck yet to find a license plate frame that actually fits the pre-drilled holes in standard Canadian motorcycle license plates. Does anyone know where I might find such a thing?

... The irony when you buy a license plate frame from Canadian Tire, but it is designed to fit U.S plate sizes only. I guess I shouldn't have assumed the "Made in China" disclaimer meant that it was designed to be used in Canada. My bad.

I didn't realize they were different sizes.

Maybe it isn't meant for U.S. plates. I don't have one to compare to, but it most definitely didn't fit mine. Maybe EU plates? Either way, it was both funny and sad that Canadian tire doesn't sell plate frames that fit Canadian plates.

Just a suggestion, you will have to do the measuring.
Can you take the holder from Can. Tire and drill two holes in it to fit the plate?
Then attach the plate to the frame and then the frame to the motorcycle.

Sure I could. But you would see the existing holes and it would look ridiculous.

If I had a friend with a CNC machine, I'd just get my own made custom. But it really shouldn't be that hard.

So I've been looking with no luck yet to find a license plate frame that actually fits the pre-drilled holes in standard Canadian motorcycle license plates. Does anyone know where I might find such a thing?

... The irony when you buy a license plate frame from Canadian Tire, but it is designed to fit U.S plate sizes only. I guess I shouldn't have assumed the "Made in China" disclaimer meant that it was designed to be used in Canada. My bad.

"Made in China" is not a disclaimer. It's a road sign to the bottom. That the plate doesn't fit means you're heading in the right direction.

Any shop that deals with Motovan can get a proper Ontario frame.
They have a variety of styles listed.
Be sure to get the Ontario one as some other provinces are different.

I bought a clear plate protector from CT a few years back and it fits my plate properly. The problem I'm having now is that my plate doesn't fit my new bike... BMW F800ST... On the holes don't line up so I had to zip tie it on.

I got mine at Friday the 13th, at the shop in Port Dover. It fits fine.

I threw out the old Envy rides frame, or I'd offer it to you.

Side note, I was very tempted to buy the Yoshimura fender eliminator for my bike until I found out:

1. I'll likely get covered with road grime, and
2. It only fits US plates

I do need to get something else though, as I hate the plain unframed plate look, and I really want to ditch the dealer frame that's on there now. You'd think even a dealer should be able to sell just a branded one (eg. 'Honda').

I do need to get something else though, as I hate the plain unframed plate look, and I really want to ditch the dealer frame that's on there now. You'd think even a dealer should be able to sell just a branded one (eg. 'Honda').

They could....but it's free advertising this way!

Which reminds me I lost a license plate bolt and the thing is 50% zip tied on....where can I get bolts for this without stealing it off another bike??

They could....but it's free advertising this way!

Which reminds me I lost a license plate bolt and the thing is 50% zip tied on....where can I get bolts for this without stealing it off another bike??
Hardware store

I bought a clear plate protector from CT a few years back and it fits my plate properly. The problem I'm having now is that my plate doesn't fit my new bike... BMW F800ST... On the holes don't line up so I had to zip tie it on.

Yep I just picked up a dark plate from CT for $5 on Thursday, fit the canadian plate perfectly, just didn't fit the German Plate holder on my boxer.

Back
Top Bottom