Stunt Driving.... Need Help!!! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stunt Driving.... Need Help!!!

The kid screwed up and needs to be pulled back in line but my difficulty is with charging x 2 stunting and careless driving, it smacks like the vitriolic revenge language some people here are now using. Careful a car doesn't take your high and mighty self clean off the road when you least expect it. Make no mistake many non riders think you're a fool too.

I'd wager that most of the ill-feelings non-riders have for motorcyclists comes from experiencing idiocy on the part of wannabe racers like those in this thread. We're a long way from the image Honda strove to create back in the 60s with their "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" ads thanks in large part to the motorcycle equivalents of TF&TF street racers.

I'd wager that most of the ill-feelings non-riders have for motorcyclists comes from experiencing idiocy on the part of wannabe racers like those in this thread. We're a long way from the image Honda strove to create back in the 60s with their "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" ads thanks in large part to the motorcycle equivalents of TF&TF street racers.
Or the ill feelings could be the result of the obnoxious loud pipes that some riders claim they need to be safer.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

That beaing said. If traffic was driving at 130, and he was at 190, a 60 km difference to the cars in the same direction as you isnt that bad at all.

but at 190, there is no danger from a skilled rider, with a brain in hus head.

Apparently "skill" makes everything OK.

I've been driving 100,000+ pound 70 foot long commercial vehicles for a few months short of 20 years and have covered several million accident free kilometers over that time operating some of the heaviest, most complicated, and difficult to operate vehicles on our roads. In all road conditions. In cities with traffic and drivers that make Toronto look like a cakewalk.

I drive more miles in 1 month (heck, sometimes in as little as 2 or 3 weeks) than the average driver covers in 12.

So I'm a "skilled driver".

The thing is, both physics and the laws of chance don't give two ***** about your skill. When something unforseen happens your "mad skills" will not be the magic bullet that solves every potential problem, and a vehicle traveling at 200 or 300 KPH will be but a splatter on the back door of my trailer when a more realistic speed might yield a survivable crash.

Do skills help? Sure. But physics still wins.

But yeah, I forgot...nobody here ever crashes. Perfect and invincible, right?

Or the ill feelings could be the result of the obnoxious loud pipes that some riders claim they need to be safer.

Sure. Unmuffled exhausts are definitely annoying. But not as much as SSs weaving through traffic at 90kph or more over the limit.

Hey I ride a bike and will readily admit to ill feelings toward other some bikers, that is actually quite common. I'm saying regular people think you're an idiot on your own merits.

It doesn't make the poor guy any less dead now, does it.

Sorry, I just get a little frustrated with the flippant, "I underestimate my mad skillz which will save me", sentiment sometimes.

Now someone go ahead and tell me how more speed will make it less likely that you'll crash, and cause less injury.

There's a safer place for high speed riding, it's called a track.

No but he could have been killed walking across the street. Making an evasive maneuver (which is my assumption) anything can happen and who knows, if this was a less skilled rider maybe it would have been a completely different accident where not just the rider was harmed.

Dane Westby's ability on a motorcycle is uncomprehensible to almost any rider on this forum.

I was waiting for someone to post a story like that, and I was waiting for the exact replies that unsurprisingly followed.

Maybe he blew a tire, maybe a squirrel ran out in the road, who knows...whatever happened it appears it turned into a reasonably low speed collision that killed him...hey, maybe if he was driving faster his luck would have been better. Faster is safer, right?

His "mad skillz" that some like to tout as the solution to every potential risky scenario here didn't do much for him, did it?

And it'll be everyone else's fault except their own, because don't forget the other lesson learned in this thread - Insurance companies are all big greedy corporations that just keep jacking up rates for no apparent reason, demonstrated risk (this thread being one of many prime examples) be damned.

Enlighten us as to how more skill in handling a motorcycle makes people worse riders.

Give us an example as to how Dane Westby's ability to operate a motorcycle at 100% of its capabilities lessened his chance of surviving that accident.

One day you'll need to use every bit of skill you have in operating your motorcycle no matter how slow you ride. It may be enough and it may not be.

You'd better drive 20km/h from now on, slower is safer right.

@ the truck driver.
If a guy hits the back of your truck at 200.....he isnt a skilled rider, and he wasnt using his brain about location and time.

Someone who regularly rides a bike on a racetrack at 250kph+ speeds is no danger on a 100km highway at 190. (Using common sense about how empty of a road and weather)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Well, sometimes they jack rates for reasons that are very apparent (they're trying to shed risky clients by jacking rates instead of simply saying "piss off", they're not satisfied with profits after a corporate takeover etc) but there's an undeniable alarming upward trend in rates linked in large part to the reckless behavior of certain individuals.

Reminds of what happened with the "tuner" crowd after guys like the ones in this thread started watching The Fast and the Furious franchise: Suddenly their beater Civics had $50 junkyard turbos bolted on and they thought they were professional racers out on the street. Predictably, casualties mounted and insurance rocketed yet these guys didn't get a clue. Their idiocy ultimately resulted in the government enacting new laws (e.g. Fantino's stunting and racing law) after some high-profile street racing fatalities, police confiscating and even crushing their rides.

Yet even now these kids just don't get it. Unbelievable.

I hope their SS insurance becomes unaffordable and those that ride without it get hit with the full $5000 fine for doing so.

$700 a year.

Apparently "skill" makes everything OK.

I've been driving 100,000+ pound 70 foot long commercial vehicles for a few months short of 20 years and have covered several million accident free kilometers over that time operating some of the heaviest, most complicated, and difficult to operate vehicles on our roads. In all road conditions. In cities with traffic and drivers that make Toronto look like a cakewalk.

I drive more miles in 1 month (heck, sometimes in as little as 2 or 3 weeks) than the average driver covers in 12.

So I'm a "skilled driver".

The thing is, both physics and the laws of chance don't give two ***** about your skill. When something unforseen happens your "mad skills" will not be the magic bullet that solves every potential problem, and a vehicle traveling at 200 or 300 KPH will be but a splatter on the back door of my trailer when a more realistic speed might yield a survivable crash.

Do skills help? Sure. But physics still wins.

But yeah, I forgot...nobody here ever crashes. Perfect and invincible, right?

That is great and I'm glad you're a competent commercial vehicle operator, really. iI guarantee I will never be a 300km/h splatter on your truck. My bike will never be near your truck if it's traveling more then 120km/h. You could however be the truck that ends up turning my car into a pretzel because you lost control on black ice. "Never happen to you" you say well I say that bs and you shouldn't be allowed to drive more then 105km/h because your vehicles ability to stay in control in all types of weather is less then that of other vehicles. "Well I'll slow down and drive according to the conditions", no that's dumb and you don't know what a safe speed according to the condition is. Your years of experience and miles driven have not increased your skillz to the point that you know what safe is. You're opinion of safe is different then mine and therefore your idea of safe is not creditable.

Sure. Unmuffled exhausts are definitely annoying. But not as much as SSs weaving through traffic at 90kph or more over the limit.

Nobody said this was ok and this is not what the OP was doing (as far as we know)

Or it could be sport bike riders acting like clowns, kinda like this guy's video (right here in Toronto) from another thread here a month or so back. Surprised he was stupid enough to leave it up after the backstory. I think he's probably in the same situation now as our OP is soon to be in, but anyways.

[video=youtube;KpGAsrTVvFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpGAsrTVvFY[/video]

But, the troll is strong with the loud pipes argument being injected into this, so I see what you did there.

Last edited:
Nobody said this was ok and this is not what the OP was doing (as far as we know)

I can take the "weaving through traffic" part out and simply leave it as "But not as much as SSs <speeding> at 90kph or more over the limit" and it's still obnoxious behavior that garners anger and hatred out there.

And there's lots of people here who think driving 90kph or more over the limit is perfectly acceptable because all SS riders apparently have mad skillz yo.

You don't ride a SS, so why do you care what happens to our premium?

There are some 8 pages of snide, smug and sarcastic posts from a demographic of riders that are one of the core reasons for rising insurance costs, increased police scrutiny and public anger affecting SS riders in particular but all motorcyclists to varying degrees. It would be somehow fitting if some of that smugness was wiped away with these same folks receiving letters from their insurance companies this coming spring saying the rising risk status of SSs was such that their premiums were rising, say, 275% -- as has been seen already here...

The only dog I have in that fight, so to speak, is that it might get these bikes out of the hands of the immature and the irresponsible and could perhaps result in a gradual reduction in the rates I pay as the rider of a sport touring bike.

油井緋色;2366489 said:
When you take your head out of your *** and come to a track day, you might learn how to ride. And you'll learn that very few of us have an ego as big as yours.

When you realize why you don't get insurance rate deductions because of attending a track day (in any country) you might get it too.

I know many skilled riders who are just as safe at 200kph (were they deem it safe enough) then many riders on here are at 100 kph.

That beaing said. If traffic was driving at 130, and he was at 190, a 60 km difference to the cars in the same direction as you isnt that bad at all.

if the difference in speed between the two @ 60kmh is what is so dangerous, explain 2 way roads. The speed differential on a 80kph road is 160kph at the speed limit, much more dangerous going down a regular road then speeding on the highway.

My speedo breaks 300kph, does it quite often in the summer in specific areas depending on weather, light, road conditions and many other factors.
At that speed i will agree it isnt possible for me to do much in a situation, but at 190, there is no danger from a skilled rider, with a brain in hus head.

Ps i got caught by a plain, charged with 172a stunt, fought with no lawyer and got dropped to 49 over.

Lol, wasn't going to contribute to this thread, but this post might just be another entry into the **** tard hall of fame. Clock is ticking; this story will likely end in the fallen riders section

Back
Top Bottom