Bucket List - Florida Keys | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bucket List - Florida Keys

Downside is one flights have a premium tho San Diego to Buffalo might be cheap.

$293 Cdn San Diego to Buffalo on those dates - $383 non stop to Toronto

$389 Tor to Vancouver.

Damn - just slightly over laps my return from Copehagen - Return on June 26th ....too tight

We should start a different thread - these guys truck bikes to BC for about $500 ..buddy has used them

(519) 740-6500
McNamara Transfreight

Waydom Industrial Park
RR1 Ayr‎ Ont‎ NOB1E0
Canada

Denver might work and yeah $720 both ways is good,

$659 roundtrip Air Canada - leaves 8 am

Hot time of year but I guess stick to the high country. hmmmm

Airbnb shows about $75 a night

This $83 a night in Aspen
500 sq ft garden level studio in Carbondale Co (30m N of Aspen). Separate entrance, king bed, kitchenette, couch, Sat TV, WIFI, Patio with BBQ. Bathroom in attached main house. Walking and Biking distance from downtown, grocery, bus and parks.

$850 Cdn for 11 nights including cleaning fee

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/7291469?s=AmhDgDuW

Kid wants to do Ozarks tho

Last edited:
Unless there's a drastic change in the Canadian dollar I think I'll have to pass.
We all took quite a haircut with our group trip last year.
I would avoid using any American transportation.
But a fly my bike and myself to Calgary and ride back might work.
I agree though...a separate thread is a good idea.

so i'm thinking of flying down to Daytona in January, renting a bike and riding down to the keys, then back up to Miami to drop off the bike and hand out a bit, I even convinced the wife to pack all her stuff into (are you sitting down??) 1 back pack.......i'm gonna give it a minute for this one to sink in......
so questions are as follows...
can I fill 7 days with this?? (considering short riding days, and long lunches, and half days at the beach...)
is Daytona beach a good starting point?
anything else I should be checking out on the way??

Cheers

Max

Pack??? sure why not ;)

article-0-19A5EEC000000578-825_634x690.jpg

NASA is worth a day if you are into that.

Atlantis-with-Orbital-Sunrise-Med-res1.jpg

http://www.visitnasa.com
very very interesting ...some jaw dropping

There is not a lot along the keys itself unless you want to snorkel the underwater park.

http://pennekamppark.com

I took an offshore snorkel tour there an the clarity was incredible

There is also the Dry Tortugas tour
https://www.drytortugas.com
you can snorkel and swim there as well

Last edited:
so i'm thinking of flying down to Daytona in January, renting a bike and riding down to the keys, then back up to Miami to drop off the bike...

Max

Still cold temps in Daytona in Jan - may have to pack cold weather gear. It's all straight line roads, not much curves so motorcycling is really bar hopping ('restaurant' hopping).

its about 425 miles from Daytona to the Keys so its some seat time for your passenger. Good news its only about 6 1/2 hrs if you take the express route but that's not the point is it?
There is lots to see/do if you look around.

so i'm thinking of flying down to Daytona in January, renting a bike and riding down to the keys, then back up to Miami to drop off the bike and hand out a bit, I even convinced the wife to pack all her stuff into (are you sitting down??) 1 back pack.......i'm gonna give it a minute for this one to sink in......
so questions are as follows...
can I fill 7 days with this?? (considering short riding days, and long lunches, and half days at the beach...)
is Daytona beach a good starting point?
anything else I should be checking out on the way??

Cheers

Max

Daytona is a good start. Head down to Cape Canaveral and check out NASA. Take the A1A

Cocoa Beach is just. Little farther south.

It's a bit of a haul but West Palm is a nice stop.

Continue on to South Beach in Miami. Park the bike, get a hotel. Sample some food and beverages and take in the scenery.

Head off the the keys the next day.

It's been a long time since I've done the trip but, had a great time doing it. In a ZR1 Corvette. Didn't have a bike at the time.

Best not to plan. Just wing it and you'll find plenty to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom