Review: Z1 Tuning: Track Bike Preparation Seminar | GTAMotorcycle.com

Review: Z1 Tuning: Track Bike Preparation Seminar

jj_jc

I signed up for the Z1 Tuning's Seminar: Introduction to Track Bike Preparation

First off, a review of the course itself.
The lectures slides were very high level in terms of what you should check and what you should do when you plan to track your bike.
The environment was very open that we could ask questions about the topics at anytime.
What I find most useful was the demonstration, this took place during and after the lecture slides.
They pointed out tips like how to quickly change tires and make sure chain adjustments were set in place.
They pointed out common issues that could potentially end your track day and/or potentially harm you.
Reasoning on why the set up is the way it is.

Again, this is an introduction to Track Bike Preparation, not having tracked a bike yet, this I found this very helpful.
It shows the work involved in transforming a street bike to a track bike, even including cost in some instances.

I found the questions after the lecture as valuable as the lectures themselves.
They were very helpful and open to any questions.
Having a track bike in the shop, they were able to quickly demonstrate some of the questions we had.
They genuinely wanted to share their knowledge and their experience and I found some of the tips actually cost saving.
Work that I might have brought my bike to the shop for, they answered and advised on what best methods and tools to use.
I felt they wanted to get riders into track and eventually racing, always good to have people who are trying to grow the sport.

A few suggestions to them would be:
-place the track bike to the side or closer to the front so it's easier to point out/demonstrate what's on the slides.
-provide hand outs for topics covered (similar to a checklist)
-Set a track day were you and the team would be (even if it's from other Shop's trackday) it would be nice to do track days with the team

Thanks to the team at Z1 for the seminar/workshop. Well worth the money.
Looking forward to hopefully seeing you in more seminar and/or in the track.

Back
Top Bottom