My M2 is about to expire | GTAMotorcycle.com

My M2 is about to expire

DOHC1

5 years have flown by. My M2 will expire at the end of this month, and I don't seem to be able to book a roadtest appointment from the MTO website. I figure they stopped doing M2-exit tests since we are almost in december? Do I have any options here? I will be calling them tomm morning to see what they say. I've heard of them giving extensions to people with G2's about to expire. Has anyone been in this situation before? I really dont feel like starting at M1 again, plus insurance viewing me as a new rider next year.

Nah you're ****ed mate. Pray they make an error and renew the M2 by accident. It does happen sometimes.

Nah you're ****ed mate. Pray they make an error and renew the M2 by accident. It does happen sometimes.

Not necessarily. The ministry sends you a letter that your licence is expiring a year before it expires, so if they don't grant you an extension you can't blame them, however they may give you an extension as long as you have a road test date booked. Book a test date then call them and hope they comply.

i think you need to have an appt booked with them for an extension, but check with them, maybe you can renew it somehow.

Sounds to me like if you didn't jump on it within 5 years you really don't care.

If that's the case, let it go.

That is the longest Doctors appointment I have ever heard. Wish you better.
Prostate exam. He was enjoying it.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

@dohc1 call each location. Main number then option 2 iirc. They may be able to book like that. Good luck.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I believe when they grant an G2 extension with a road test booked, it is because generally the road test date is within a very short, (less than a month), period. Your first opportunity to take an M2 exit test is I believe early Apr, (with service Ontario), that is over 5 months out, don't expect an extension. You had 5 years, if you knew it was expiring then least you could have done was booked a road test. Takes a maximum of half a day off work. Sucks but we have all had to do it, (some of us only once as we got the M licence long before graduating licencing).

If you couldn't get it done in 5 years then why should they belive your going to get it done, if they give a couple more months? I am sure that is how they look at it. Plus if they grant extensions of 5 months or more then why even have a deadline?

Last edited:
I think most of the schools have closed for the season too. You may have to do the M1 and M2 over again, to get your M2 after the endorsement has lapsed you have to do the test or course over, however I don't believe anyone is testing for the M1 exit to get the M2 until end of march. Doing the course over may help you break some bad habits and reinforce some good ones. If you end up doing the course over don't go in with the attitude of "I already know how to ride, I don't need to be here" as it will make for a boring weekend, you can make the weekend more fun and improve your riding by challenging yourself to do the lessons perfect. Also providing you don't dally and do this right in the spring you will not have to wait the 60 days from getting your M1 to upgrading to your M2 and you may be able to get the M right after getting your M2 without waiting however you have to have your M2 to book the test M with anyone.

Change your drivers license to a province that dosen't have graduated license, your m2 will become an m,or a number depending on province. Then switch it back to ontario. It is now an m.

If they don't give you an extension see if they will count your time spent at M1/M2 next year/season. Hopefully, they give you credit for time served so to speak.

Called MTO and found out the following:
My M2 expired on Nov12, so no extension can be granted. however, they will let me take M1 and M2 back to back (no wait) come spring time. Should be fun! If only I could get some time away from my prostate exams..

Well if you changed your sex and did the unbelievable thing of being pregnant then you would have got an extention. What was that Doctors appointment about Caitlyn?

Back
Top Bottom