looking at a new naked bike for the spring | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking at a new naked bike for the spring

Sold my FZ09 wasn't for me..but anyway at the present time just to look at it i like the Brutale and the new Kawi Z800- i have seen it last week at Cycle City.
Just for curiosity, what is it about it you guys don't like?

It's interesting that so many people sell them.

Sal here- i told you why..do you want me to tell you again?lol

Sal here- i told you why..do you want me to tell you again?lol

I'd like to know. Strongly thinking about switching from my FZ1 next season. I know I will loose some top end pull but they seem like a blast!

I'd like to know. Strongly thinking about switching from my FZ1 next season. I know I will loose some top end pull but they seem like a blast!

Well.. don't get me wrong the FZ09 it is an amazing bike, the motor has more than enough power what i did notice the front end was quite a bit light, not stable or planted compared to a ss. In my opinion it felt too light and nimble. Definitely the bike front and rear suspension needs an adjustment - even though i still found it a bit too soft. Regardless in my opinion, i did not sell the bike for these reasons. it was because on longer rides it was too uncomfortable for my lower back and knees. Hope this helps;-)

time to update this dead thread i guess.
I have gotten to test ride a few of these bikes now, Some have surprised me, and others have greatly disappointed.
The Ducati Monster 821 is a very impressive from a performance standpoint IMO, and quite comfy for a sportier riding position compared to the other bikes i've looked at.
The Kawasaki Er6-N is a little too skinny for me, although it did everything very well, it was rather unimpressive.
The KTM Duke 690, probably the worst riding bike i've tried other then my own gz250. It vibrates until your *** is numb, sits very upright, narrow, feels tall for my 29" inseam, Loves to wheelie, and to me at least feels like i'm riding a dirtbike, although i guess that's kinda what KTM does best.

I've also had the pleasure of trying a few other bikes i had never considered, either due to price or riding position. Tried the Ducati Diavel, great machine but a little too pricey. Honda Shadow 750, slow and ugly. Victory Vegas 8-Ball, now if i was gonna get a cruiser, this would most definitely be the one.

Been keepin an eye on used market for SV650 and FZ8(freakin hard to find), and older Ducati Monster 796.
It's been great fun looking for a new bike, maybe i wont buy one, just keep trying everything out instead, anyway, sorry for the rant.

Go for the fz08, not like there is a better, lighter, faster more fun bike.... wish someone would think about making an fz09

So many bikes to choose from, it's difficult to pick. Seems like you're doing the right thing. Ride em all! I tested 6 or 7, but in the end chose a Ducati monster. For me it came down to looks. Many bikes were very comfortable, they are all powerful enough for anyone really, so I picked the bike that looked the best to my eyes! And I still can't stop looking at it!

Go for the fz08, not like there is a better, lighter, faster more fun bike.... wish someone would think about making an fz09
No kidding! The only reason I would consider the fz8 over the fz9 is if it was for the wife. She would not appreciate the fz9 ability to wheelie at all. However she does like the fazer8 with the small 1\4 fairing with windscreen. My fz9 would have a j in its name though, I love the adventure style of the fj, and that triple is too sweet.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I have yet to try the FZ-09(still waiting for brant motorcycle to call me back) but have sat on them. they feel narrower then the FZ8, and i'm kinda fat so a wider feeling bike is what i'm after. The Ducati feels wide to me and love it, that's why it's currently in first place. skinny bikes bother the crap outta me. I'm not sayin the FZ-09 feels that way on the road, as i have yet to ride one, and look forward to riding one.
THe downside to the FZ8, if i remember correctly, it seemed you had to rev the piss out of to get to the power, But of course i could be misremembering the experience since it was last fall.

Does Sturgess have a Brutale 675 demo unit? love to try one of them. not badly priced either on new old stock.

THe downside to the FZ8, if i remember correctly, it seemed you had to rev the piss out of to get to the power, But of course i could be misremembering the experience since it was last fall.

The 779cc I4 in the FZ8 is not so different from most other small-displacement I4s: Yes, you have to rev them to make the most power but there's plenty of torque down low for every day riding.

Nothing wrong with that though.

And if it feels torque-deprived, you can always do, say, a -1/+2 sprocket change :)

The FZ8 and FZ09 make similar power. What the FZ09 has in its favor is much less weight. The FZ8 weighs around 467-lbs whereas the '9 is a hugely-smaller 414-lbs.

Not sure how the new Monsters are but I sure love my 696. You might have seen me buzzing around town, don't see too many Ducatis in brantford.

Just for curiosity, what is it about it you guys don't like?

It's interesting that so many people sell them.

You really can't handle anything negative being said about that bike eh? Lol

And if it feels torque-deprived, you can always do, say, a -1/+2 sprocket change

That's what kid did...of course gas mileage sucks but hooligan factor increases :D.

The FZ8 is a weighty beast....every time I wheel his in I'm surprised - it's only 20 lb lighter than my CBF1000 and actually about the same weight when my luggage is off and his top case is on.
The triples seem a very good approach....he tried the FZ10 and was marginal on it but liked the FZ9.

He's done a fair bit of mods to his 8 so couple more years before any change.

The 779cc I4 in the FZ8 is not so different from most other small-displacement I4s: Yes, you have to rev them to make the most power but there's plenty of torque down low for every day riding.

Nothing wrong with that though.

And if it feels torque-deprived, you can always do, say, a -1/+2 sprocket change :)

The FZ8 and FZ09 make similar power. What the FZ09 has in its favor is much less weight. The FZ8 weighs around 467-lbs whereas the '9 is a hugely-smaller 414-lbs.
The other thing the fz9 has in its favour is torque. It comes on a lot sooner with the triple versus the i4.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

getting tired of this, i gotta find a different yamaha dealer, Brantford motorcycle wont even acknowledge me when i come through the door, i stood around in there for a couple hours the other day and noticed they dont seem to talk to anybody that isn't 40 or older. I got cash in hand looking for a new bike and these pricks wont even talk to me.

getting tired of this, i gotta find a different yamaha dealer, Brantford motorcycle wont even acknowledge me when i come through the door, i stood around in there for a couple hours the other day and noticed they dont seem to talk to anybody that isn't 40 or older. I got cash in hand looking for a new bike and these pricks wont even talk to me.

Here is a crazy idea....why dont YOU talk to THEM?

Why do people buying a new bike feel like THEY are the ones that need to be catered too....screw that, they lost out on 1 sale?!? Who cares...

If you want to buy a bike then its up to YOU to approach the sales guys

Back
Top Bottom