looking at a new naked bike for the spring | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking at a new naked bike for the spring

getting tired of this, i gotta find a different yamaha dealer, Brantford motorcycle wont even acknowledge me when i come through the door, i stood around in there for a couple hours the other day and noticed they dont seem to talk to anybody that isn't 40 or older. I got cash in hand looking for a new bike and these pricks wont even talk to me.

So what you do now is take out a nice big wad of 100's and put it in your back pocket, if noone approaches you again "accidently" drop it smack on the floor right before you open the door to leave.

Love the username btw, Jewman lol

getting tired of this, i gotta find a different yamaha dealer, Brantford motorcycle wont even acknowledge me when i come through the door, i stood around in there for a couple hours the other day and noticed they dont seem to talk to anybody that isn't 40 or older. I got cash in hand looking for a new bike and these pricks wont even talk to me.

So what you do now is take out a nice big wad of 100's and put it in your back pocket, if noone approaches you again "accidently" drop it smack on the floor right before you open the door to leave.

Love the username btw, Jewman lol
...and then when you pick it up, look at them straight in the eye and say "big mistake, HUGE mistake." And walk away smirking. ?
Re: talking to them imo they need the sale more than the buyer does. Part of the sales experience is being catered to. Or at least I would assume so. I don’t buy anything new. But a simple hello, can I show you anything?
OP I say take your money somewhere else.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

just sent some inquiries to other yamaha dealers near me, hopefully one of them are willing to take my money.
I wont buy from a dealer that wont let me test ride.

I'm looking at your name, I'm looking at your sig line, you stood around for a couple hours without speaking up......I think it's time to blame the victim:eek: Unless you're black. Then I would call a human rights ombudsman.

I'm looking at your name, I'm looking at your sig line, you stood around for a couple hours without speaking up......I think it's time to blame the victim:eek: Unless you're black. Then I would call a human rights ombudsman.

Yeah really. I'm studying for the OMVIC license and salesmen are trained to recognize who's buying and who's wasting their time. If there is noone in the store then sure I have no problem chit chatting but they are there to sell and will always give attention to whoever looks more ready to purchase.

If you were a serious buyer you would have engaged someone on your own.

Last edited:

sounds like the salesguys from ready honda are moonlighting at brantford motorcycle

it is the first and only dealership this has happened to me at, I did have a fair bit of spare time on my hands but it's still irritating, I have talked to the sales guys there before, however they where ver dismissive of me and not really willing to answer any questions i had.

I have no experience with Ready Honda, so, can't confirm for myself.

Also like how long it took for someone to point out my username, normally happens to me within a couple posts on other forums lol.

Didn't Yamaha finally sorted out the suspension before cancelling this model?
I hear it's better than the FZ-09 in that respect.

it is the first and only dealership this has happened to me at, I did have a fair bit of spare time on my hands but it's still irritating, I have talked to the sales guys there before, however they where ver dismissive of me and not really willing to answer any questions i had.

I have no experience with Ready Honda, so, can't confirm for myself.

Also like how long it took for someone to point out my username, normally happens to me within a couple posts on other forums lol.

Hassling the previous 21 jewmen got old is all.

I just bought a 2016 FZ 09 from VOS Motors. Great guys to deal with. I bought it Thursday and picked it up Friday!

I bought it to be more comfortable on long rides. I'm actually going on a 3500 km ride next Friday, so I bought the bike for that trip. I much prefer the FZ 09 to my 2015 CBR600RR. For the type of riding that I do the FZ is perfect for me. It's very snappy, sounds amazing, and I find it very comfortable. The seat could be better, but most sport bikes don't have comfortable seats anyway.

Ran it up the 507 today. I was riding with a Harley so we didn't go fast. I did pass him half way through just so I could test the bike a bit more. Cornered well at higher speeds. Had no trouble doing 123 on a 60 rated corner ;). Felt stable, could have gone faster without any issue. The CBR corners better, for obvious reasons, but I couldn't be happier with the new bike!

Now to sell my CBR lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I just bought a 2016 FZ 09 from VOS Motors. Great guys to deal with. I bought it Thursday and picked it up Friday!

I bought it to be more comfortable on long rides. I'm actually going on a 3500 km ride next Friday, so I bought the bike for that trip. I much prefer the FZ 09 to my 2015 CBR600RR. For the type of riding that I do the FZ is perfect for me. It's very snappy, sounds amazing, and I find it very comfortable. The seat could be better, but most sport bikes don't have comfortable seats anyway.

Ran it up the 507 today. I was riding with a Harley so we didn't go fast. I did pass him half way through just so I could test the bike a bit more. Cornered well at higher speeds. Had no trouble doing 123 on a 60 rated corner ;). Felt stable, could have gone faster without any issue. The CBR corners better, for obvious reasons, but I couldn't be happier with the new bike!

Now to sell my CBR lol

Hey congrats, welcome to the joys of a handlebar ;)

Hey congrats, welcome to the joys of a handlebar ;)
Haha thanks!

Yeah finally I don't have to worry about not putting my body weight on the bars and killing my wrists! Lol, it's so relaxing!

Now to sell my CBR lol

Congrats - a few things you will discover during your long trip.

A) the seat will give you a wedgy after a wile and give you groin pain - There is a mod you can do to lift the front of the seat and reduce the incline towards the tank.
See this thread - trust me on this one.
http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/1575-seat-mod-reduce-forward-slope.html

B) If you can, get a wind screen before your trip, your neck will thank you.

These things are not necessities but it will make your trip that much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Congrats - a few things you will discover during your long trip.

A) the seat will give you a wedgy after a wile and give you groin pain - There is a mod you can do to lift the front of the seat and reduce the incline towards the tank.
See this thread - trust me on this one.
http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/1575-seat-mod-reduce-forward-slope.html

A) If you can, get a wind screen before your trip, your neck will thank you.

These things are not necessities but it will make your trip that much more enjoyable.
Thanks! I wanted to buy a better seat for the trip, but I can't get one in time unfortunately!

I'm also going to order a windshield today!

time for another update, Iv'e tried a couple more bikes, i'm starting to look more and more at the used market just to save some coin. Recently tried the Aprilia Shiver 750, loved it and hated it, loved the ride of it, but hated just sealed everything seems(small accent fairings on side of tank), almost as if it was designed to be only serviced at a dealer, everything seemed to tight for me to get my hands in.

And then there is the beast of a Triumph Speed Triple, and all i can say is that i think i have a new favourite.

Two Wheel Motorsports not calling me back either now, do dealers just not want to deal with people in their 20s?

time for another update, Iv'e tried a couple more bikes, i'm starting to look more and more at the used market just to save some coin. Recently tried the Aprilia Shiver 750, loved it and hated it, loved the ride of it, but hated just sealed everything seems(small accent fairings on side of tank), almost as if it was designed to be only serviced at a dealer, everything seemed to tight for me to get my hands in.

And then there is the beast of a Triumph Speed Triple, and all i can say is that i think i have a new favourite.

Two Wheel Motorsports not calling me back either now, do dealers just not want to deal with people in their 20s?

No they want to deal with people who are actually spending money. In your current state of "browsing" you are not a priority and the whole victim act is nonsense, it's a business not daycare.

No they want to deal with people who are actually spending money. In your current state of "browsing" you are not a priority and the whole victim act is nonsense, it's a business not daycare.

Lol he didnt take his meds today

In any event, your the customer and therefore hold the leverage, they dont want your business thats fine, some dealerships are weird like that (Voss is known to be uber aggressive and pushy, which i later learned is because they are known to specialize dealing with customers that have Bad or no credit, or in general bad financial histories, so people who come to them, have no where else to go, therefore they can get away with being **********) This i learned from one of the dealers in barrie when i went for test riders last weekend.

They're an all russian crew who can get people financed really easy(almost sounded predatory from the way they are described) and get money from 'shady' sources.

Back
Top Bottom