who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

Re: who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

Yep - apparently the motor in the 250 is based on an early Honda 125.....this is pretty simple tech and the motor is out there in several bikes under other marques.

Is this coming to Canada?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes ....it's about $3100 landed in your driveway if the deal is still on.
Mine will arrive in May

Let us know how it works out.

all more money than this used, no warranty and you have no basis for that claim.

The company has been around for 20 years, produces 4,000 motors a day for a variety of other manufacturers like Vespa and Piagio

Yes ....it's about $3100 landed in your driveway if the deal is still on.
Mine will arrive in May
That is everything included? It's not a bad price, I may consider it.

Ok reviving this mess, I was in the southwest last week and had to opportunity to meet two owners of RX3 cyclons through the CSC owner ambassador program. Firstly the obvious problem is the mindset from everyone that has only ever seen Chinese bikes at Canadian tire and container loads of $600 pit bike sold out of industrial units. They have no idea what they are railing against. Could you compare a Hyundia pony with a current Genesis? no you cant. Anybody remember Datsun, crappy rusty little cars that turned into Nissan? But its a motorcycle thread so lets stick with that, Ducati?? you couldn't ride form Toronto to Kingston with confidence you'd make it in 1970, they are now as reliable as any other product in the market.

The fuel injection in the NA models are made by Delphi, same as your redneck Chev pickup, and lots of Japanese bikes. The engine is liquid cooled dual fan setup, the components like shifters and levers and rims look very similar in quality to mainsteam Japanese, because they are made by the same sub contractors. The engine is not a '70's Honda knockoff.

The suspension is not great if your seriously going to go bashing through the desert, I was able to ride pavement, some dual trail jeep track, which in the south is rougher than single track here, it was easy to bottom the rear if I didn't pick my approach. Its not a GS or KTM, or Multistrada. Its also 20% of the cost. The brakes are not awesome, they are adequate , but coming to a quick stop from 75mph made me think. The Highways are 75 mph in AZ so you can run 80mph a lot of the time, the bike can get to 70 pretty well, 80mph is really pushing but it was stable and geometry was fine in the turns.

The owners I met were really enjoying the product, both bought the bike for off road trail riding and understand the limitations, however both were happy with the luggage kit capacity, windscreen and overall quality for what they bought.

Funny, most of the bashers of the China product have NO idea how many components in their beloved HD product (and Honda/suzi/Yamaha) are produced in China. And Thailand, Taiwan.

Nothing flew off the bike when I was riding, it started well, certainly better than my 360 Yamaha ever started and was fun. It was not my bike so obviously I didn't pound it AT ALL in the dirt, falling off was not on the menu. But I also don't ride my own bike much over 30-50kph off road. Off road for me isn't a road that unpaved. I keep meeting people that rave about off road capability when what they really mean is a gravel cottage country road.

The downside is 38% exchange . Quite simply I can buy a 5 yr old Vstrom 650 or 3-5yr old KLR for very similar money. $3495 US is just under 5K when the exchange kicks in. But if I already had a bike and wanted some reasonable priced aluminum panniers and topbox the accessories are really well priced parts. A brake lever for my triumph tiger is $100. these are $15.

Its no Caponord or Africa twin, but that's not its market niche, and at 25% the cost, they aren't pretending to be. Its sure not the piece of junk people that have never seen the product are claiming.

Good to hear. But the dollar is a killer right now. Thanks for the write up.

Funny, thread title is "who will take a chance?" What does that imply going in? The op was the first to defend this product based on other quality products coming out of China. There was never any doubt that quality can come out of China and that not's the issue where this participant is concerned. Motorcycling is a passion and close to the heart. Hate to see motorcycling turned cut rate toasters. Unless it's repo Beemer toaster tank. Having said all that, I'd buy a BNIB Panigale knockoff for $2000. "Every 1's a winner babe" Hot Chocolate

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate; I believe in miracles! you sexy thing

Lets go rollerskating!

The quality of the bike itself is only a part of 'the chance' one has to take on this.

Even if the bike is top quality and was superior in quality to a Japanese equivalent, you still have to consider people's perception of made in China if you ever wish to sell this bike. If you are just looking for something disposable or are old enough that the bike might outlast you, then this is not a concern.

The bike also has full warranty -- but who is going to service it as they don't have any dealers? I might be willing to watch a video and attempt certain jobs, but not everyone will. Will any dealers stock parts for this bike? If not, you'll be waiting for parts to arrive every time something needs to be done.

What if the current importer's situation changes and they are no longer willing or able to provide parts for these bikes? I am confident I'll always be able to get what I need for my DRZ... for the CSC I am not nearly as confident.

Finally, I agree the exchange rate is the final nail in the coffin. At $1800 someone might consider a disposable bike. At $5000 you'd have to find people with considerably more disposable income to risk, and like crankcall said, at that price point you can get an excellent proven bike with proven resale value.

Shaping into a seesaw battle for the hearts, minds and dollars of adventurous tiddler riders everywhere. Good to see the under dog Chinese moto industry step up.

Like I said previously, I would buy the 250 TT for $1850, but not after our exchange rate.

There's an rs3 forum on Tapatalk. I've been doing some reading. Looks like most reported issues are relatively minor. Lots of electrical connectors disconnecting themselves, stock chain done fast, one report of stripped chain adjusters, one guy who had a tank slapper, crashed and is convinced it's the bike setup. Mostly good reviews, I still won't be buying one though.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom