who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

Well will not be at any shows in NA! Dropped shipped from California to Ontario for about $5000. CAD, Plus applicable taxes to Revenue Canada etc.

This bike and company will be a non starter north of the border without actual exposure.

Information from one of owners by e-mail, too bad would have liked to swing a leg over one and to check product out. Indy show maybe!

Also, you are not suggesting that the last head image is zoom or crop of the top one, are you? Looks like a different bird ....

same bird.

Yeah it's a narrow use camera - the birders are selling their photoscoping kits.

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-11-24%252520at%252520Nov%25252C%25252024%252520%252520%252520%2525202015%252520%252520%252520%2525203.02.01%252520PM.jpg

Rabbit posed nicely for me yesterday.

There are some other examples here

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2336985.html#p2336985

this one freaked me

24mm 1.8 miles away - tower is teeny tiny top left.
Verm-24mm-P900-0273-960x720.jpg

260 mm....typical intermediate zoom

Verm-260mm-P900-0267-960x720.jpg

then 1.8 miles away still in optical zoom at 2000mm

Verm-2000mm-P900-0263-960x720.jpg

then with the computer zoom added 4000 mm !!!!!

still not bad

Verm-4000mm-P900-0259-960x720.jpg

for my wildlife purposes it will do and I like macro at a distance as well. You need a 4k screen to see the butterfly at 1:1

Nikon%20P900%201.jpg
which can always keep you occupied in a busy sunny garden

Last edited:
Those shots from that camera look amazing.

Did you say that is a p600? Or is the p600 super zoom a model on its own? The one link you posted said something about a p900.

I don't know anything about cameras but would consider picking up something with wicked zoom like that.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Edit, nevermind... I see now you did say p900, for some reason I thought it was p600.

Last edited:
Have you tried the "garden weasel" yet? Wonderful tool for digging up crap you really don't need around the condo!

It does matter what you're shopping for but the trend is downward. What gets me is everybody shops on price (oh look cheaper!) so consequently every mall and power centre is stocked with garbage. That's fine to a degree but the quality options are mostly eliminated. So you're holding garbage in one hand and crrrap in the other deciding which poison. If I buy a plastic lawn chair dammit I want a quality plastic lawn chair and if I need to kick in another buck to make it happen I'd be happy to.
Made in China. Is North America ever going to start making things again? By the looks of it no. Americans are too fat, and Canadians are too lazy.

CSC may be on to something, in the American west medium dualsports are a huge business, ranchers, commuters and young adults, high school parking lots are full of 125 to 250 on/off roads. The price will move crates of these.
Its half the price of an equivalent machine from the big 3, I'd try it.

Yeah likely will be popular in Australia as well for similar reason...toss it in the Ute for fun or stock chasing.

That's fine to a degree but the quality options are mostly eliminated.

Total crap....sure- some junk is made but so are very high computers and phones with superb durability and even BMW looks to the east for motors these days for their $10k scoots.
Hartley is made in USA and you get over priced crap instead.

Until something is done about shelter costs in North America there is never going to be cost effective labour. Japan has dealt with it by going with very highly automated factories

even there tho...China is eating everyone's lunch

http://asia.nikkei.com/magazine/201...-aggressive-in-LCD-panel-microchip-production

snip - one reason

The factory is located in an industrial park a half hour's drive east of the city center. Its 600,000-sq.-meter site, an area equivalent to 85 soccer grounds, which was provided by the local government, includes a number of 17-story condominiums for employees

they keep employee costs down by providing reasonable priced places to stay. As long as the housing ponzi scheme keeps going in the west....never gonna be competitive.

•••

SC may be on to something,

Yup ....disintermediation....factory to consumer and cut out all the intervening middle men.

Re: who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

These CSC bikes may be just fine for light use in trails etc. But I just know I'd thrash the poor thing to pieces in no time off-road.
I like the 250 adventure bike look and concept, wish it was a 400-450. But I know the 250 will sell well in other parts of the world.
I'd still like to see a CCM 450 in my garage. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total crap....sure- some junk is made but so are very high computers and phones with superb durability and even BMW looks to the east for motors these days for their $10k scoots.
Hartley is made in USA and you get over priced crap instead.

Not total crap. I spend enough time at Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Lowes, Rona, Walmart etc. to know the difference. Have you serviced a modern washer/dryer recently? I had to go to a commercial laundromat supplier for my latest set of Maytag not readily available to the public.. I know you don't work on your own stuff so I'll excuse you for not knowing. Sure there are some incredible electronic gadgets out there, very reasonably priced too. But there's a lot of junk built to razor thin margin. You'd see it if you ever pulled it apart. Is this motorbike going to be like your computer quality (like jap bikes) or like cheap modern appliance? I think I know the answer and don't appreciate the trend.

The Chinese build jet aircraft , awesome coldwar fighters , and engines for BMW, and a lot o parts for HD and the big 3 in Japan . I've said it before, they can build to whatever quality platform you will pay for (and hold them accountable for).
The question will be is this CSC built to an acceptable level for 2k or a surprise it should be 4k, or a whole lot of grief.

^ well then this thread is aptly titled.

The Chinese build jet aircraft , awesome coldwar fighters , and engines for BMW, and a lot o parts for HD and the big 3 in Japan . I've said it before, they can build to whatever quality platform you will pay for (and hold them accountable for).
The question will be is this CSC built to an acceptable level for 2k or a surprise it should be 4k, or a whole lot of grief.

They have a knack for building things other people have designed. They also have a knack for copying other people's designs (J11D == Sukhoi Su-27; J18 == F35B; Chinese copy-cat cars...) What's not clear is whether they have the chops to design things properly the first time. Do a Youtube search for crash tests of Geely cars to see how at least some native designs work out.

It will take a military confrontation of some sort to see how well their copied military hardware works, of course.

Thing is, they're fast studies and whatever they can't engineer themselves they'll steal or copy. They're just loving all these big Western companies opening plants and pouring IP into the country. Saves their hackers a lot of trouble...

CSC has a program to introduce potential owners to current owners, there is a guy with a cyclon in Chino Valley which is 20 mins from my house in AZ. I'll be down there is January for a while and am going to connect with this owner and see the bike first hand and get some real world opinion of what to expect. I'll report back what I see, not that I'm trustworthy but I'm not being paid for my report.

CSC has a program to introduce potential owners to current owners, there is a guy with a cyclon in Chino Valley which is 20 mins from my house in AZ. I'll be down there is January for a while and am going to connect with this owner and see the bike first hand and get some real world opinion of what to expect. I'll report back what I see, not that I'm trustworthy but I'm not being paid for my report.

Thanks, that'd be very cool to get some real world input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you serviced a modern washer/dryer recently?

pardon my laughter.....washer and dryer is NOT high tech.

Try an iPhone or Retina iMac..

China graduates more engineers than any other nation on the planet...I've personally seen them go from 1940s tech to the moon since 1980....it's a global economy....move on.

Judge the quality on what it IS, not where it comesfrom.

There was an interesting shoot out between a dozen high end DVD players a while back. In blind tests a new entry from a company called OPPO was included at the last minute.

The $13,000 Denon came first. Much to everyone's shock, the $299 direct from China OPPO came a solid second.
Not only from sound but also from the quaility of the tech that went into it.
https://www.oppodigital.com

I can still recall when good from Japan were considered "junk"....that changed....China is the manufacturing centre of the world.
Do you recall a little truck by Datsun that took the world by storm.....then Toyota taught the automotive world a lesson

The motorcycle business is ripe for distintermediation.

Times change.

Back
Top Bottom