who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

I've been looking for a cheap, low CC, low seat height adventure bike to play around with in the winter for awhile now. If the price and reviews are good and parts are available I'd probably risk it. There doesn't seem to be many options for the lower CC bikes that are also highway capable. Last one I was looking at was an '88 NX250 but I didn't go for it since I was wary of a 25+ yr old bike.

My vote is for MacDoc, he seems to have a new toy in the garage every few months. ;)

I'd ride around local roads, but pushing a loaded ADV bike out of the bush to somewhere CAA could collect it sounds like work.

sure they did Baja and a couple Euro rally routes, did they do it at speed or a get this to the finish line so we can claim Baja? My riding lawnmower could do Baja if there was no time limit and a support truck behind me.

I'd rather spend the money on the 25 year old Honda. But that's just me.

Fair enough. I'm worried about parts availability and reliability but I guess those concerns both apply to the Chinese bike, too. Plus there aren't any for sale right now that I can find. The only thing I can find on Kijiji right now is someone looking for an ECU for one (which doesn't say much for parts availability).

To be fair, they're pretty new to the marketplace, especially Canada. I would wait a while to take the plunge at any price just to see how it shapes up. In the mean time, as others have said you could get a KLR 650 or 250 and then (likely) sell it for nearly what you paid for it.

sure they did Baja and a couple Euro rally routes, did they do it at speed or a get this to the finish line so we can claim Baja? My riding lawnmower could do Baja if there was no time limit and a support truck behind me.

Lol.

Hi guys, Joe Berk from CSC here. I write the CSC blog and I'm the guy who led the Baja and Western America Adventure rides. I didn't see any lawn mowers in Baja, and we have ECUs in stock (as we have from the first day we starting bringing these into the US). If any of you have any questions and you want factual answers (not conjecture by trolls), ask away and I'll do my best to answer you.

Hi guys, Joe Berk from CSC here. I write the CSC blog and I'm the guy who led the Baja and Western America Adventure rides. I didn't see any lawn mowers in Baja, and we have ECUs in stock (as we have from the first day we starting bringing these into the US). If any of you have any questions and you want factual answers (not conjecture by trolls), ask away and I'll do my best to answer you.
What will be the Canadian pricing? Straight exchange rate conversion plus import fees or other? Is there a Canadian distributor lined up? Where can the warranty be serviced?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

What will be the Canadian pricing? Straight exchange rate conversion plus import fees or other? Is there a Canadian distributor lined up? Where can the warranty be serviced?

Pricing is straight exchange rate with import fees, as you describe above.

We ship direct from the US.

You can either work on the bike yourself or find a local independent, and we address warranty issues directly with them (as we do in the US). More info is available at http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/10/08/csc-rx3-cyclone-approved-for-sale-in-canada/ and on our website.

You meet the nicest people on a Zongshen.

Considering our exchange rate, I would personally not consider this bike.

I'd probably be in for over $6k when all is said and done.

For the same money I'd buy a Honda crf250 for $5299 or $6k including tax, and I'd get fi as well, lower weight, Honda reliability and guaranteed resale value. Sure I'd have to source guards, a shield, and cases, but that is half the fun of getting a new bike and I'd be sure to get exactly what I want.

So to answer the op's question, no I would not take the chance.

Is that the CRF250L you are referring to? I wasn't aware of that model until now. That seems like stiff competition for sure.

Joe Berk wrote a book called 5000 miles at 8000 rpm's about his Baja and Western America adventures, it has inspired me to write a book...50,000 miles at 12,000 rpm's, there'd be waaaay too much crazy **** in that one.

Last edited:
Worth a look, wonder if we will see them at the bike show?

What? Where a $3.00 price hike forces people to bow out? It would be a good fit. Kind of ironic they won't be there to see it.

Guess it depends on what you are shopping for...if you think better for less is greed I think you have a strange viewpoint.

The world I inhabit ....you get more and better for less every year.
Case in point
Nikon P900 Superzoom.

Range 24mm to 2000 mm - less than 2 lb - under $600 US, made in Indonesia

Looking forward to mine on Tuesday. Selling so fast they over ran their production lines until recently.

Don't assume......

In a perfect light condition, yeah there's a few prosumer units which can do that nowadays and produce usable images, especially combining optical and digital crop zoom. Once the light drops it will not be as pretty, but you know that I am sure.

Also, you are not suggesting that the last head image is zoom or crop of the top one, are you? Looks like a different bird .... :)

Back
Top Bottom