who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

MacDoc

Site Supporter
who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

Anyone care to take a chance....

2015-top-20-motorcycles-at-ims-5.jpg

This one is a great unknown and we spent quite a bit of time checking it out. Priced at just $3495, the 2016 CSC RX3 Cyclone is a Chinese-made 250cc adventure bike. It has niceties such as fuel injection, electric start, engine guards, water-cooling and a six-speed transmission, side bags and a top case, and the built quality looks good. CSC tells us the bike has done Baja and the 10,000 kilometer Brest-Dushanbe Rally through the western Asia, so we look forward to testing one. Like everyone else, we wonder how bad/good can it be for that price!

If it's reliable might be an option for Australia for me.

TT-250 is $1895 see page 3 or
http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...utm_content=stream&utm_campaign=boosted-posts

Last edited:
At $3495+$65+$195 all usd = $3755 or $5000 CAD plus an undisclosed delivery fee and importation fee, plus $650 tax... and most likely you'd be over $6000 CAD for a gamble.

Compared with some bikes with very proven track records:
DR200: $4999
DR650: $6299
KLX250: $5199
CRF250L: $5299

So no... I think I will let others gamble with $6000, I'll stick with the Japanese bikes until the Chinese can prove themselves.

The price is $3495 USD (plus a $65 documentation fee, a $195 setup fee, the shipping charge, a modest Canadian import fee, Canadian sales taxes, etc.). The motorcycle includes the panniers, the top case, the windshield, the engine guards, the skidplate, and all the rest (6-speed transmission, liquid cooling, OHC, counterbalancers, etc.). The tech specs will be the same as the US model (the 300-watt alternator, the handle-bar controlled accessories outlets, the 17-inch rear wheels, etc.).

If I start buying my bikes from China I'm just gonna throw in the towel. I can barely stomach my Steve McQueen Scrambler made in Taiwan. Jeesh.

DR200: $4999
DR650: $6299
KLX250: $5199
CRF250L: $5299

Umm those are all before tax and without luggage or engine guards, skid plate and windscreen....the 6 speed is a nice touch as well....so let's get on the same page.

The DR200 is pretty bare 5 speed , not EFI. Drum brake on the rear and no farkles. The question should be - why are the others so expensive??

If they come in with a 3 year warranty ....there will be a market and the others are either over priced or too pricey on insurance.

Also there is no particular reason it has to be at the US exchange rate....if they want to get into the market it could easily be $3999 for Canada.

EVERYTHING is made in China these days....move on.

ZRX3-R-2T.jpg

The CSC RX3 Cyclone is the perfect motorcycle for real-world adventure touring, off-road excursions, rides around town, or simply commuting to work. It is equipped with a solid and smooth 4-valve, overhead cam, counterbalanced, electric start, water-cooled 250cc engine, Delphi fuel injection and electronics, a six-speed transmission, and a standard equipment package that includes a tall windscreen, adjustable suspension, panniers and top case, dual sport tires, engine guards, skid plate, and much more. With an 84-mph top end and over 70 mpg fuel economy, this bike will get you there and back. Whether your trip is around the block or around the world, this is the perfect bike. It is a true adventure touring motorcycle that’s proven itself in the 10,000 km Brest-Dushanbe Rally, a rugged ride through Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan, in our inaugural Baja run, and more recently on our 5,000 mile Tour of the West, which you can follow on our blog! The only questions are what color do you want your new CSC RX3 to be and where are you going to ride? Alaska? Canada? Baja? Tierra del Fuego? It’s that good.

and yes it's in Canada

CSC Motorcycles announced today that its flagship 250cc adventure touring motorcycle, the RX3, is now approved for sale in Canada. CSC Motorcycles is the exclusive North American RX3 importer.

“We’re pleased to announce that we can now offer our Canadian customers the same great motorcycle that has been selling and performing well here in the United States,” said Steve Seidner, President and Chief Executive Officer of CSC Motorcycles. “The RX3 is exceeding our expectations in all areas,” Seidner continued, “especially on our long-distance adventure tours.”

CSC Motorcycles recently completed the 5000-mile Western America Adventure Ride with journalists from the United States, China, and Colombia (Colombia also imports the RX3 motorcycle). CSC Motorcycles also successfully completed a 1700-mile ride through Baja with 15 of its customers on RX3 motorcycles. “A key part of our business is to offer not only the RX3 motorcycle, but also the adventure riding experience,” said Seidner. “We have these kinds of rides regularly. Our customers are also our riding buddies. We enjoy the rides as much as they do.”

CSC’s experiences with the RX3 and their unique company-managed adventure rides are described in the recently-published book, 5000 Miles At 8000 RPM, available now on Amazon.com.

they are showing at $3495 but I'd want confirmation on that.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/10/...151015&utm_term=Motorcycle Review Subscribers

Independent and long review here

121614-2015-CSC-RX-3Cyclone-f.jpg

Cyclone RX-3 sales are consumer direct from CSC Motorcycles with either partly assembled or fully assembled bikes (optional) shipped directly to the purchaser’s address. Included in the purchase is a complete service manual enabling the home mechanic to perform all necessary maintenance as well as warranty repairs. CSC says it’s working to make available online tutorials for oil changes, valve adjustments, chain adjustments, changing the fork oil, suspension adjustments, etc. For those desiring professional mechanical services, CSC says it will contract with local independent businesses to perform maintenance or warranty work.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/csc-manufacturer/2015-csc-cyclone-rx-3-review.html

d CSC offers a two-year unlimited mileage warranty –

that's cool too.

Looks decent for the smaller rider....nother field review here

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/csc-motorcycles-cyclone-rx-3-review/

Relatively low seaet height and quite light.

Last edited:
So go for it... report back.

If my little bobbed Honda CM250 commuter gives out, I would buy one of those. As long as I can get the parts I'm good. Nobody touches my bikes for repairs anyway. IMO for off and on road and commuting 250 is the ideal size, very lightweight and easy to handle, plus 80-100mpg.

Its great that they had it for a long ride, but that's a new bike. Wonder how it holds up after a few years?

You can see the greed at work. That's why store shelves are now stocked with options 1) mediocre 2) slightly worse but cheaper 3) total garbage but hey it's dirt cheap. Race to the bottom.

Guess it depends on what you are shopping for...if you think better for less is greed I think you have a strange viewpoint.

The world I inhabit ....you get more and better for less every year.
Case in point
Nikon P900 Superzoom.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-16%20at%20Nov%2016%20%20%20%202015%20%20%20%205.32.26%20PM_zpstjvzxkmc.jpg

attachment.php

Range 24mm to 2000 mm - less than 2 lb - under $600 US, made in Indonesia

Looking forward to mine on Tuesday. Selling so fast they over ran their production lines until recently.

Don't assume......

It does matter what you're shopping for but the trend is downward. What gets me is everybody shops on price (oh look cheaper!) so consequently every mall and power centre is stocked with garbage. That's fine to a degree but the quality options are mostly eliminated. So you're holding garbage in one hand and crrrap in the other deciding which poison. If I buy a plastic lawn chair dammit I want a quality plastic lawn chair and if I need to kick in another buck to make it happen I'd be happy to.

Maybe it's that we've gotten used to overpriced stuff? Sure the stuff might be good, but do you need all it can do? 30" TV used to be a fair size, now middle of the road is 60". Does every one need a BMW GS1200? If this one is a 1/3 the price and half as good it's a good deal. I'd be interested in it. Most of my riding is commuting and with the state of the roads, a little adventure bike would be just right. I'd miss my 600 on the highway though.

The ol' Spidey Sense forsees Hyosung-like levels of quality and reliability.

You get what you pay for. If you pay little you're going to get little. And that may be just fine. As basic transportation it may well be just the ticket for scootin' around town or on easy trails. I would take the savings over something else and put some aside for a "rainy day" fund though. I wouldn't expect any sort of re-sale value either...

Last edited:
For me it would come down to a few points....

1. Warranty
2. Dealer network
3. Parts supply

If you don't have a properly set up #2 and #3 then #1 doesn't make any difference. You can have the best warranty in the world...but if there's no place to actually USE it and get it taken care of...then frankly it's garbage.

Unless a manufacturer can properly support their product...it's a pretty big hit or miss IMO.

Back
Top Bottom