who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

Re: who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

It seems the CSC importer was a bit butt-hurt about that youtube video and posted an angry response: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=23145

I guess their egos are as fragile as their bikes.

And the video blogger's response to the CSC response:

In fact, it was the Patrons that voted for a review on the CSC RX3, since they wanted to know more about your motorcycle and CSC as a company. I've enlightened them about the RX3, and you've done an excellent job on enlightening them about CSC's corporate leadership and public relations.

Last edited:

It seems the CSC importer was a bit butt-hurt about that youtube video and posted an angry response: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=23145

I guess their egos are as fragile as their bikes.

And the video blogger's response to the CSC response:

That blog post just made me lose any interest in this company. Very unprofessional, IMO.

Also, the guy complains that if you don't like the bike he will "make it right" which I presume means a potential refund. Getting a refund doesn't mean the bike doesn't suck. If I were unhappy with a product getting a refund would just make me happier with their customer service. I'd still post a honest opinion that the product is garbage if that's how a I felt.

Last edited:

Meh, it's not like any of the big manufacturers/dealers won't try and blow smoke in your face if you need help. They certainly wouldn't do recalls without being forced to by governments.

Otherwise, it's another internet slap-fight. The vlogger has just as much interest in bashing Chinese bikes as the CSC guy has in defending them. Without supposed controversy, why would someone even watch the boring "Hey, I'm keeping it REAL" footage that passes for content these days? Views=income, whether through You Tube or Patreon.

It's the business model that is going to give the majors fits. Disintermediation writ large.

What business model worth noticing are you speaking of?

One of my favourite motorcycle books is about a guy that took a Goldwing around the world (twice) with hardly any cash. Reading about him riding it through sand in the desert and swamps in the jungle was kind of mind boggling. Sometimes I think we get a little spoiled.
Would like to know the name of said book, please.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

What business model worth noticing are you speaking of?

Selling cheap cheaply made poor quality bikes with massive quality control issues (that customers write off as no big deal because they don't want to look like idiots for wasting their money on this garbage) while pretending they are able to offer this kind of savings by not having a traditional dealer network.

It's the business model that is going to give the majors fits. Disintermediation writ large.

I don't think it's going to give them fits, nor is it going to influence other manufacturers. This product is aimed at a very specific, and thus small niche. It's the first step at building a viable brand.

They're selling to a segment of the MC consumers who are willing to do their maintenance and more major work themselves when necessary. They're offering a basic bike along with (from what I understand) detailed instructions for said maintenance and work.

To boil it down they seem to be targeting a mechanically inclined, likely experienced MC consumer with what would usually be considered a beginner bike.

Based on the brand loyal reviews, It seems to be working for them. Perhaps this approach is utilized to overcome the bad reputation Chinese bikes have and to develop a customer base. If they keep growing as a company I wouldn't be surprised to see a dealer network, or at least service providers.

If you're referring to selling the bikes directly, then yes I would agree that other manufacturers are watching. Just as car makers watch Tesla's direct to consumer sales approach.

Not exactly a glowing review. Pretty much confirms everything I already knew. The tt250 model will be worse because it'll suck just as bad off road, and have zero redeeming features for the street.
https://youtu.be/sTJkVl-Ll9c

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks @yodude

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Thanks YoDude. Sorry Joe, didn't check in on this thread until now. Get that book, guarantee you won't put it down.

The next "China ride" ? :D

unknown-3.jpg

unknown-2.jpg

China plans world’s biggest spaceplane to carry 20 tourists

who will take a chance. :rolleyes:

•••

One TT250 is on the road and being broken in ....been ridden to work a few times from Burlington to Mississauga. NOT a highway commuter ....buzzy as expected but that should calm down a bit as the motor breaks in.
"Fun to ride in the city" from my staff
Nothing off pavement as yet.

Looks like other bike is waiting for me to get home or next season as kid is focusing on his new car just now.

••••

After the tear down and reassemble for the masses over on CR, I have nothing but great things to say about Mrs. 2LZ TT250. The neutrals do come easier with miles and oil changes. I wish my RX3 had this nice, friendly mid-range prominent powerband as the TT250. Just upgraded to Matt's speedo cluster. Super nice unit. Very classy. Easy to install.

With the re-gear for our area, the performance upgrades I did, and getting the suspension adjusted for Mrs. 2LZ, the bike is an absolute hoot to ride. Like many here have said, you have to keep in mind what it is and more importantly, compared to the Japanese counterparts, what you receive vs. the price difference.

The bike is amazingly solid under you. I was duly impressed with how it was built and the beefiness of the fame, compared to Hondoids I've had in the past.
Even the stock tires are great on paved twisties and for the very dry gravel roads here. Usually the first thing I change are tires!

CSC (Ryan) has been nothing less than spectacular. I hope this trend continues through all the growing pains as they get larger and there's little doubt that they will.

I have the seat off currently for the "low seat kit" so Mrs. 2LZ can reach the ground more easily. I gave up after about an hour of stretching, tugging and staplng and took it to our local upholsterer. For 35.00 to get it steamed, stretched and stapled, it was worth the frustration to me. I can wrench....but I found out that I'm no upholsterer. I've done bike seats on my older bikes but they were shaped like bananas without all the curves and contours.

So far, zero regrets on buying the TT250 and I'm more than happy to have it as a part of my rolling stock. Every one of my buddies who sees or rides it, wants one.
It's also comforting to know that the venerable CG motor will be running years from now.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/csc-tt250-1895.1108960/page-29

gotta love posters that "think" they know about something ....laughable..:rolleyes: unlike those that actually put their money into trying things.....

"Made in Japan" used to be equivalent to "cheaply made" ...things change.

^^ Sheeeit. If they bring it here and nail the pricing, it's going to sell by the truckload.

should sell on boastload, the market is waking up needed better insurance rates, a practical ride with grocery space, if you drop it on a trail you dont need a crane, almost ok mileage and an engine thats proven simple. should be a home run.

I am still curious on how this bike is working out? Any updates?

Being that Tier 1 cities in Mainland China have all banned motorcycle use, making them more of a back country vehicle, I would expect them to do adv bikes well.

Back
Top Bottom