Bike Checks - Anyone in the Barrie area? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Checks - Anyone in the Barrie area?

ddzc

Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a bike for a couple months now and found the perfect bike, color, great price, very low km. I just have a few concerns...it's my first bike purchase.

1. How can I do a lookup to see if the bike is stolen?
2. How can I look up the history from the last few years and how many km the bike was registered on a yearly basis with the ministry? Similar to a carfax report. The bike has less than 1,000 km on it and I want to ensure it wasn't rolled back or the odo wasn't swapped out
3. The bike was dropped and skidded so it has cosmetic damage. I'm okay with that, I'll get the fairings repainted or replaced. Is there anyone in Barrie who can give me a hand to look at the bike thoroughly to see if anything is off, frame damage, etc. I assume the engine can't really be checked other than hearing it idle. I can pay for anyone's time.

Thanks everyone!
Dan

1. MTO.
2. MTO.
3. Any bike shop.

will the owner be willing to take it to a shop for you have it checked out? St. Onge is good competent shop up there.

If anything tell the owner you're very serious and offer to pay HIM for his time and take it there rather than just hoping for a random. If he's not offering it with a safety just simply say you will compensate him for his time/gas but you'd like a qualified mechanic to look over it real quick.

Last edited:
I'm 10 minutes from Barrie, I could check it out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot everyone. I'm getting a UVIP tomorrow. I took a look at it today, all looks good but I wouldn't mind another set of eyes. Will reach out to you iceman.

:D

Keep in mind the seller is supposed to supply the UVIP. You shouldn't have to pay for it yourself.

If your coming to Barrie to look at a bike I also have one for sale. It's a 1999 Katana 600 great shape. Just never posted it yet as winter is coming and I have space to hold it. Let me know if interested.

Back
Top Bottom