2008 dr650 winter project | GTAMotorcycle.com
  • Please use the new GTAM Classified section. Check it out HERE

2008 dr650 winter project

Heavy

2008 DR650

*** NOTE: PROBABLY NEEDS 3rd GEAR REPLACED ***

Last season, when changing the oil, I found a chunk of metal stuck to the magnetic drain plug. There were no metal filings, just the one chunk. After researching, it looks like a piece of a transmission gear.The DR650's are known for the odd one having a bad 3rd gear. Looks like mine is one of the few. I changed the filter and refilled the oil. The bike has not been started since. I intended to change the gear myself but my work schedule is crazy and there is no way I have time. I bought myself another bike so I have to move this one.

Bike is from the US, speedometer and odometer are in miles. I bought it in New York, in 2011. Was licensed in Ontario until 2014.

Mostly stock except:

- MSR ATV-mid handlebars
- Moose racing hand guards
- Rear shock was rebuilt buy Sasquatch Suspension and resprung for a 230 lb rider
- Fork springs were replaced with Race Tech 0.70 (still have stock springs)
- TwinAir air filter
- Carb mounted choke knob
- Custom made footpeg lowering brackets
- Seat Concepts seat cover (still have original cover)

Bike has minor rash from previous owner.

I put about 8,000 miles (13,000 kms) on the bike and never had any problems with it. Oil was changed about every 2,500 miles (4,000 kms) with a new filter and Shell RotellaT-6 oil.

Currently has Shinko 700 tires, front and rear.

Bike is in Barrie, ON.

Asking $2,250.00, OBO.

Send me a PM with any questions. Have pictures but can't seem to post them here.

Attachments

• Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 44
  • chunk2.jpg
    chunk2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom