23% better ...where's the rate break....??? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

23% better ...where's the rate break....???

I'm just going to repeat what I said earlier in this post:

"anyone profiting from insurance should declare so at the top of every post they write on the issue" :)
Well everyone knows theres a ******** of scammers...

And look at brampton lol, my buddy who works for a contractor for the city told me how he doesn't have to replace as many electric posts as in brampton, people don't know how to drive.
So while there is SOME backing to higher costs in brampton and certain areas... the baseline thats used is pretty fakkin high if you compare...

Insurance companies (like pension funds) gamble your money in the stock market. When they lose money they write it off as an "expense".

Anyone else noticed the stock market tumble the last few days? Your rates are not going to drop.

I had mentioned earlier in this thread the idea of a political advocacy group and, after searching, there appears to be some options out there.

Anyone know anything about, say, the OCC (Ontario Confederation of motorcycle Clubs and independents)? They look to be primarily focused toward the Harley/cruiser crowd but they have a PAC (political action committee) and since this group is likely to be hit hard by insurance I'd expect they'd advocate to the maximum extent they're able in that regard. They allow registration even if you're an "independent" (i.e. aren't in a club); in fact you don't need a bike to join...

Anyone here a member? Do you have any examples of their work with respect to keeping insurance rates reasonable?

In my opinion, not the right group ("confederation"), reading the content there gives me different impression (right to wear colours etc).
I believe we need all lobbying body working on behalf of all motorists of Ontario, not only motorcycle riders... There should be representation for sure, but not limited to...

In my opinion, not the right group ("confederation"), reading the content there gives me different impression (right to wear colours etc).
I believe we need all lobbying body working on behalf of all motorists of Ontario, not only motorcycle riders... There should be representation for sure, but not limited to...

My concern with that is that "motorists" -- cagers -- mostly hate motorcyclists and they face a different set of issues (e.g. they aren't facing multi-hundred percent increases in insurance rates.)

The OCC's position is as follows:

"We are united and dedicated to legally fight against any encroachment on our freedom to choose our lifestyle by law enforcement authorities, insurance companies, local proprietors or any other special interest group. We mean to do this legally, through the courts if necessary; and, in cooperation with and in support of the MROs and any others who fight for the rights of motorcyclists."

I like that they're motorcycle-specific and also that they specifically mention insurance companies.

I just don't know what their efforts to this point have been nor what they've accomplished. Given the rate increases we're facing it would seem not much :p

Back
Top Bottom