23% better ...where's the rate break....??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

23% better ...where's the rate break....???

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Did you forget that the liberal government promised us an insurance break?

Did you forget that the liberal government promised us an insurance break?

I didn't. I've been trying to figure out what happened here...

We will all get a 15% cut in our rates.It'll happen.I don't think they would have lied to us.Would they?

We will all get a 15% cut in our rates.It'll happen.I don't think they would have lied to us.Would they?

my car rates have gone up but my bike rates are the same or lower ...

Nah that wouldn't happen

We will get 15% cut alright..., only after regulators agree to an 15% increase first and to strip our policies even more...:rolleyes:

yep you all will get a break in rates. Just that your deductible will go up by +$2000.00
meaning if your bike is worth $8000.00 your deductible will be $10000 :)

Maybe rates would have gone up an extra 15% if it weren't for the fiberals, so now they can say we saved 15%!

Somehow the insurance rate setters will spin this to increase our rates

or decrease coverage.

Look at your policy closely and see what you're really covered for. Cheapest isn't always best, but you want to get the most value for your money.

or decrease coverage.

Look at your policy closely and see what you're really covered for. Cheapest isn't always best, but you want to get the most value for your money.
Actually In all honesty I've never been cheaper for bike insurance then ever before. I have a brand new bike and getting full coverage for $1,200 a year. My cb750f was close to $900 a year and they wouldn't sell me anything other then liability.

Seeing how much lighter and powerful my new bike is (FZ-09) compared to be beloved CB I can't complain. Now the $1,600 they want for my 05 focus wagon is another story.

Last edited:
Actually In all honesty I've never been cheaper for bike insurance then ever before. I have a brand new bike and getting full coverage for $1,200 a year. My cb750f was close to $900 a year and they wouldn't sell me anything other then liability

Full coverage might not mean today, what i meant 3-4 years ago.
In terms of $$ how much are you covered for loss of wages? physio? etc etc. When I saw 150K become 25K or 50K become 10K, and I was being charged the same, had to ask what's up?

Full coverage might not mean today, what i meant 3-4 years ago.
In terms of $$ how much are you covered for loss of wages? physio? etc etc. When I saw 150K become 25K or 50K become 10K, and I was being charged the same, had to ask what's up?
Ok yeah, I see what your getting at. Abosolutely right on that one.

The biggest misconception for people is that they have $50,000 in medical rehab. People assume this means that they are entitled to $50,000 worth of treatments. The insurer will almost always place you in what they term the MIG, (Minor Injury Guidelines), unless you have suffered a MAJOR brain injury. The MIG gets you $3,500 TOTAL rehab. (this includes assessments etc). End of story period. To get out of the MIG is a VERY tough fight and you WILL need a lawyer. I am currently scheduled in two weeks for our second round of mediation. A mediator, (who is acceptable to your lawyer and the insurer), will listen to each sides arguement as to why treatment is and is not required. The mediator "MAY" speak to you during the call, (mediation is always done via a confernece call). If the mediator agrees that treatment is warranted they will order the insurer to pay for it. (you will have had a supplier submit a "treatment plan", (normally for about $2000 - $2500 depending on treatments and number of sessions). Once that treatment plan is done if the supplier feels more treatment is required you submit another treatment plan. The insurer will almost certainly deny, so back to mediation you go. You can go through 5+ mediation sessions, about that time the insurer will generally try to "settle" they will offer say $5,000 cash for future treatments just to close the claim if you accept and still need treatment after you have used the $5,000 too bad you can't go back.

My lawyer says he has seen even people who have lost a limb be placed in the MIG and have to fight and fight and fight to get treatment. Rarely does anyone get the full $50,000 for rehab.

But when they "sell" you the policy they make it sound like it is an auto limit of $50,000 for treatment.

That's crazy, hedo2002. Thanks for sharing. Who's paying your lawyer all this time? :confused::(

Yeah, what he asked,
also, who is your insurance with? (or who was it with?)

Smart people running insurance racket. Predominantly Jewish I would guess. Smart people.

Back
Top Bottom