Motorcycle Trials | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Trials

Splatter

Who's into it? Post up a pic of your bike. I rode years ago with the ATA on a Montesa Cota 315R...finally getting back into it after years off. Here's my 2015 Scorpa 300, I wish I never stopped riding trials...great fun!

ALways wanted to try it looks like fun a bit safer then motocross if you Don,t, take it to the extreme like some of the guys on u tube. Just really hard to find a used one not many to choose from

Nice Scorpa.i usually do the SCR event and the ST George trial.Next year i'll be doing just the SWOVTG events.Lots of fun,great people and a lot cheaper.
Me last weekend at Woodstock.
12219554_1555632844661663_710781173603772154_n_zpsumnsaesd.jpg

Its been fantastic weather for November. Its hard to put this bike away...I'm re-hooked on Trials ? I can remember doing the St. George event, last time was waaay back in 1998. Whats this SCR and SWOVTG? How you liking the Ossa?

Yes,great weather for this late in the fall.Maybe we'll get some wet snow soon to play in.:) SCR (Steel City Riders) hold the Oshweken trial every year.Way back in the 70's and 80's it was the Waterdown trial.SWOVTG (Southwestern Ontario Vintage Trials Group) runs trials thru the CVMG. http://www.cvmg.ca/SIblogs/Trials The trials are quite informal with modern and vintage bikes running the same lines sometimes.Entry fee is usually $5.No trophys or umbrella girls tho.

Wingboy you said that dirty four letter word! We got a bunch of it on the ground now. I think my trails season is over...:(

Snow is fun to ride a trial in.Hilarious watching people try to get over icy logs.I'm picking up a vintage Yamaha next weekend to ride in vintage classes with my daughter.She needs a lot of practice.She has only had a couple of hours at http://www.trailntrial.com/.Here's a pic of the bike right now.
20151122_125355_resized_zpsj71qvnxn.jpg

Thanks for that link. My kids are accomplished offroaders and that place would be perfect for a trials intro!

A vintage trials bike would be sweet! A classy ol' Bultaco or the like. What's the parts availability though?

Thanks for that link. My kids are accomplished offroaders and that place would be perfect for a trials intro!
Tell Bob that Ric sent you.

A vintage trials bike would be sweet! A classy ol' Bultaco or the like. What's the parts availability though?
i'm not sure about parts for the Spanish bikes.Guys that ride them seem to be there all the time tho.Yammie and Hondas are pretty simple to keep running.And as you already know,trials is not particularly hard on machinery.

Best place to research things trials related is here.http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/ Mostly UK based,but still very helpful.

Last edited:
I see that Honda has the Cota listed on the Canadian site for 2016, and it includes the removable seat as standard too. What do you guys think of using the Cota or the KTM Freeride for trail work, with the thought of trying trials on the side?

I don't really have room for a trials bike in addition to my dirt bike, but I spent a lot of this season just practicing wheelies and log crossings, so trading the KDX for something more nimble might be fun even if it isn't particularly fast.

The Honda looks really great.Haven't seen one tho.I'm told it is about $11,000 and only a couple of Ontario dealers have them.
Modern trials bikes don't really make very good trail bikes.The brakes are very tiny and can be overheated if pushed really hard in quick trailwork.The tanks are also very small.The Honda and KTM i think come with larger tanks.
Finding a trialer that is good on the trail is like finding a trailbike that is good on the street.It's always a compromise with serious setbacks.

Ossa made a really cool crossover (explorer?), I really liked the looks of that, not sure if they're still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the Explorer. DualSportPlus had a used one in stock a while back. I'm a bit hesitant on the European brands because of parts availability and servicing, especially if this were to be my only off road bike. If I had space for two then it wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Wingboy's analogy about trials bikes on the trails being like dirt bikes on the street makes a lot of sense. Maybe it is time to build another shed in the backyard so I can extend my collection... Or these things are pretty light, maybe I could carry it into the living room or basement for winter storage; I'm sure my wife would understand...

Or these things are pretty light, maybe I could carry it into the living room or basement for winter storage; I'm sure my wife would understand...
Why not? I'm 62 and don't have any problem with it.
Ossa%20Lift_zps6cvgs5ao.jpg

Had the Honda Trialer, Yamaha and finally a Sherpa....knee still aches on occasion from catching a tree and bending the wrong way.....was an "interesting" ride home jumping logs on one foot.

Caught this photo ...for your enjoyment

51978_EXC_2012_1024.jpg

It will be interesting to see what an electric trialer brings to the table.

It will be interesting to see what an electric trialer brings to the table.

The EM5.7 is already a great seller.I tried one a couple years ago at a friends place in Cambridge.(he is the importer) Very easy to get used to the change in control.
[video=youtube;3gCDtbc7wBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCDtbc7wBg[/video]

A good friend tells me that with a full charge it is good for a complete trial plus room for more.No idea of hours.The battery is a breeze to re and re,but they are about $2300.No need to have a spare.

Back
Top Bottom