gp bikes in whitby ont | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

gp bikes in whitby ont

No, he pressured me to put a deposit down on a a bike knowing I had a bad back and may not be able to complete the purchase if my back did not improve.

The whole point of my thread is to show that GP bikes is far from a "perfect dealer".

BB

Last edited:
So once again, you knew you had a bad back but still put down deposit on a bike you knew you would have issues riding without discomfort, wanted to cancel the deal, and still want to blame others for "pressuring" you?

Should I go put down money on a helicopter then try to back out on the deal because I don't know how to fly one...

How does someone pressure you to buy something? Did he have a gun to your head? Was he holding you in captivity?

Yes, every dealership/business is far from perfect but it seems that GP bikes has far more positive feedback than negative here.

So once again, you knew you had a bad back but still put down deposit on a bike you knew you would have issues riding without discomfort, wanted to cancel the deal, and still want to blame others for "pressuring" you?

Should I go put down money on a helicopter then try to back out on the deal because I don't know how to fly one...

How does someone pressure you to buy something? Did he have a gun to your head? Was he holding you in captivity?

Yes, every dealership/business is far from perfect but it seems that GP bikes has far more positive feedback than negative here.

yawn. Hey Mr. Miggs, How many bikes have you bought/Sold to GP bikes?

I quote ''I really like GP, but I've also heard horror stories."

Last edited:
I've bought 1 and sold one to GP, My friend has also bought 1 and sold 1.
That is addition to me purchasing many parts, accessories and articles of gear from them over the past 12 years.

Nothing but perfect experiences and transactions on both our parts during every visit.

Then you must be right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong with a sample size of 2.

BB

Not at all sir.

All i am saying is that if you cause the situation that screwed you over then be an adult and own up to it.

Passing the buck that someone else made you do something is ridiculous. If you had a bad back as you claim then why would you put a deposit on a bike you couldn't ride?

You agree to buy a bike then buy the bike. Copping out that you were "pressured" is something a child would do.

If I hit my thumb with a hammer i don't blame the hammer, or the shop i bought it from...

Last edited:
Even the bad reviews are good reviews when you look at them in depth. No, I don't work for them.

nothing but very positive experiences at GP .... bought 2 new bikes, and sold 2 bikes to them , in addition to plenty of gear , parts and accessories..... a class act IMHO ... Cheers, Les

Not at all sir.

All i am saying is that if you cause the situation that screwed you over then be an adult and own up to it.

Passing the buck that someone else made you do something is ridiculous. If you had a bad back as you claim then why would you put a deposit on a bike you couldn't ride?

You agree to buy a bike then buy the bike. Copping out that you were "pressured" is something a child would do.

If I hit my thumb with a hammer i don't blame the hammer, or the shop i bought it from...

Even the bad reviews are good reviews when you look at them in depth. No, I don't work for them.

It's no use trying to make him see what he refuses to see. I've already given up trying to make it clear to him.

I've had one bad experience with GP where they cost me two weeks of riding because twice they ordered me the wrong sprocket (a 525 size instead of 530). Could of been theirs or a mislabeled item from Parts Canada, I don't know. Before that I had a few great experiences dealing with them and since then I've had 20+ great experiences with them (the bad one was many years ago).

Over the years I've had one or two sales-people there at the parts counter ignore me until I speak up but they're busy and I understand. They've gone above and beyond (especially the older lady who's name is Maryanne I beleive). They've ordered in items for me to try on without being stuck buying them (carried by PC but currently not stocked at store) and have been very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I was there last week to look at a Diavel and the salesperson was knowledgeable, friendly, and not pushy (even advised against other bikes they carry and against the Diavel for some reasons suited to my needs). I was at Royal the same day and had another bad experience (so far my experiences are at 50/50 with them in about 12 visits which is not good+).

I was misinformed and purchased the wrong helmet from them. They had absolutely no obligation to refund me (they don't refund helmets ) but because of the circumstances they gave me store credit (offered to return my cash) which i used to purchase a diff helmet on the spot. Theyre awesome and we shouldnt ignore how much they mean to the biking community. You dont know what you have until its gone.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Had a meh experience at GP back in October - my wife and I shopped (clearly in need of assistance, trying to get jackets down from the high wall hooks ourselves) for about 20 minutes before anyone even paid any attention to us. Sales lady helped us for about 10 minutes and then apparently lost interest and went back to stocking shelves. Another sales guy helped us afterwards for about 10 minutes until we realized almost everything we had decided on ahead of time (via their website) was either out of stock or no longer available. Rather frustrated now we said thanks and decided to go down the street to Royal. Bought $800 worth of gear there same night, had everything we wanted in stock and a super awesome and extremely personable sales lady spent over an hour getting us all setup.

I've since spent another $600-$800 there.

I dunno. Reluctant to trash them as others seem to have great experiences there...and I'll probably go back when I need something other than parts or gear, but I can't say I left impressed.

Eh, GP is hit or miss. The Parts desk I've only had issues with the one short guy with piercings and full sleeves (that's tattoos). Will and Ken have always been top notch. Jerry sold a Duc to a family member, no issues there. The retail side has always been absolutely brutal, it's to the point where I'll wait for someone at Parts to not be busy to sell me things. Haven't been to the Service desk since Gator opened up if you know what I mean so no comment.

A friend loathes them though, she went in to get a helmet when she first started riding (2014) and the lady she dealt with ****-talked the RPHA-10 to the point where she bought something else that was all wrong for her head shape (Arai Vector-2). Tried to get an exchange or refund unused in the box and got sent packing and told to do her own research and that sales people only gave "opinions".

A friend loathes them though, she went in to get a helmet when she first started riding (2014) and the lady she dealt with ****-talked the RPHA-10 to the point where she bought something else that was all wrong for her head shape (Arai Vector-2). Tried to get an exchange or refund unused in the box and got sent packing and told to do her own research and that sales people only gave "opinions".

Same thing happened to me and after telling themhow unhappy i was and posting on here, they helped me out. Maybe they dont care about customer service anymore

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Eh, GP is hit or miss. The Parts desk I've only had issues with the one short guy with piercings and full sleeves (that's tattoos). Will and Ken have always been top notch. Jerry sold a Duc to a family member, no issues there. The retail side has always been absolutely brutal, it's to the point where I'll wait for someone at Parts to not be busy to sell me things. Haven't been to the Service desk since Gator opened up if you know what I mean so no comment.

I believe he's back at GP working the parts counter again. At least that's what I was told when I was there last week.

Back
Top Bottom