gp bikes in whitby ont | GTAMotorcycle.com

gp bikes in whitby ont

Azoreanflex

hey all i just wanted to leave a review for a dealership that really deserves it.
lately i decided that i wanted to buy my first (used/new to me bike) before winter by private sale only as i hate the very thought of dealing with stealerships to the very core of my soul.
however after months of looking around i decided to give gp bikes in whitby ontario a chance and i am super glad i did.the owner(jerry) was helpfull answered every question i had and went way above what i expected to be treated.everything from safety papers to delivery if i had a problem with what i saw he had it fixed within 5min and he wasn't happy until i was and to me thats a rare quality these days.he was never pushy or talked my ear off with up-sale
so in short if you get the chance i strongly sudgest checking them out . i know i will be back there

my newish to me bike - 2009 yamaha fz6r in sexy mattalic black thank you very much jerry at gp bikes.

+1 for gp.
Picked up my 675 from them 3 weeks ago.
Smooth transaction and my salesperson Carl was a pleasure to deal with.

+1. Jerry and his staff were a pleasure to deal with. He responded to my e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner, and most importantly in this day and age of seemingly terrible customer service when it comes to motorcycle sales/service . . . they were always honest, did not lead me around like multiple other dealerships did and made sure I was happy with the transaction. GP bikes is a fair ways out of my way, but I go out of my way to give them my business now. Oh and they sold me a sweet Triumph ST3RX for a fair price.

I've heard mixed reviews. Its a nice store with mostly personable and helpful salespeople. But no one dealership is perfect, and people do make mistakes

My own experience of buying a one piece suit there wasn't the most pleasant. The one in the store fit perfectly off the rack, so they ordered me the colour I was looking for. When it came in, I brought it home and tried it on, was waaaay too small, yet the tag indicated that it was the right size. It only took a couple weeks for them to figure out which suit was mislabeled :confused:....(the one that I had tried on, or the one that was sent to me). Turns out it was the one that was sent, they ordered me a new one and that took another 2 weeks. Tbh, it was kind of frustrating, I know that it was a manufacturer screw up, but it wasn't until I put my foot down that something happened.

I cannot speak for the couple friends that have bought new bikes from GP, who haven't had the best experience.

Seems like it wasn't their fault.... They tested you in the correct suit, but the company that sent it screwed up. 2 weeks is very common for all deliveries that you didn't pay express shipping for.

Seems like it wasn't their fault.... They tested you in the correct suit, but the company that sent it screwed up. 2 weeks is very common for all deliveries that you didn't pay express shipping for.

6 weeks from time of purchase.... my point was, that once they had my money they didn't seem too interested in helping me out, "until I put my foot down"

I really like GP, but I've also heard horror stories. If buying a bike, I'd double check all the ownership data just to make sure there isn't any screw ups.

GP is one of the better (best?) places in the GTA for most things motorcycle. Mistakes happen, it's what they do to fix it that sets them apart. But they must be doing something right going from that small strip plaza on harwood, to the huge building they have now. Most of my interactions with them have been good and it's my preferred place even though I'm on the other side of the city now.

I like going there. It's a great looking store and physically shopping compared to online seems more important with proprietary motoring gear. Plus it's pretty cool to see them roll out and fire up a new 1199 Panigale once in a while.
I feel that I should support them rather than just "showroom" gear to buy it online after, just to save twenty bucks.

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing what screw ups happened to you?

It was one of our friends... she bought a brand new Monster in the spring. Just recently took into Marenello to get warranty work done and found out the warranty was registered in someone else's name. GP had sold the bike to someone in January, the deal fell through, but had already registered the factory warranty with Ducati back in January.

Simple fix you say...apparently not....

It was one of our friends... she bought a brand new Monster in the spring. Just recently took into Marenello to get warranty work done and found out the warranty was registered in someone else's name. GP had sold the bike to someone in January, the deal fell through, but had already registered the factory warranty with Ducati back in January.

Simple fix you say...apparently not....

Thanks. Did your friend get it worked out with Ducati in the end?

Thanks. Did your friend get it worked out with Ducati in the end?

Ducati won't recognize her as the original owner, as far as they are concerned the bike was sold in January, that is when they started the warranty period.

GP has agreed to cover her for the 5 month difference, with an "in house warranty"..... I haven't spoke with her in a couple days, but will try and get more details for you

Ducati won't recognize her as the original owner, as far as they are concerned the bike was sold in January, that is when they started the warranty period.

GP has agreed to cover her for the 5 month difference, with an "in house warranty"..... I haven't spoke with her in a couple days, but will try and get more details for you

At least they're not throwing her out on her own. E for Effort.

I feel that I should support them rather than just "showroom" gear to buy it online after, just to save twenty bucks.

Amen, brother!

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

At least they're not throwing her out on her own. E for Effort.

Agreed. There's some dealers out there wouldn't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my experience Jerry is a .... and I wouldnt buy anything from him, I know him from the the days when they were in the other store. In those days he was buying up ( more like stealing them) used bikes and reselling them in the store. That was my first personal experience with him ( 2005?)

I had a deposit on a used bike ( at Gp bikes Whitby) and had a very bad back at the time. He was aware of that at the time i put deposit down. I needed to switch from a full on sportbike to an upright. In this case a used Multistrada.

He tries to tell me I am forced to go through with the deal , that's the kind of guy he is. I could barely walk upright at the time. I told him good luck enforcing the sale, but I did get my deposit back ( luckily). I would never buy a bike from him or his shop.

The rest of the staff are pretty good.

Thankfully you have another Ducati/BMW option in Toronto now....

BB

Last edited:
in my experience Jerry is a .... and I wouldnt buy anything from him, I know him from the the days when they were in the other store. In those days he was buying up ( more like stealing them) used bikes and reselling them in the store. That was my first personal experience with him ( 2005?)

I had a deposit on a used bike ( at Gp bikes Whitby) and had a very bad back at the time. He was aware of that at the time i put deposit down. I needed to switch from a full on sportbike to an upright. In this case a used Multistrada.

He tries to tell me I am forced to go through with the deal , that's the kind of guy he is. I could barely walk upright at the time. I told him good luck enforcing the sale, but I did get my deposit back ( luckily). I would never buy a bike from him or his shop.

The rest of the staff are pretty good.

Thankfully you have another Ducati/BMW option in Toronto now....

BB

So you signed the paperwork and gave your deposit and then got upset because the dealership requested you go through with your promise to them because you changed your mind because of a medical issue you knew about when you signed the deal? Good luck getting a dealership to give you your deposit back at any of those other Ducati/BMW dealerships you're so happy are around.

So you signed the paperwork and gave your deposit and then got upset because the dealership requested you go through with your promise to them because you changed your mind because of a medical issue you knew about when you signed the deal? Good luck getting a dealership to give you your deposit back at any of those other Ducati/BMW dealerships you're so happy are around.

Did you read the post? Jerry knew I had a bad back PRIOR to signing but pressured me since they had just taken the bike in on trade and "it would be gone" if I didnt.

Work for gp bikes? lol

Last edited:
Did you read the post? Jerry knew I had a bad back PRIOR to signing but pressured me since they had just taken the bike in on trade and "it would be gone" if I didnt.

Work for gp bikes? lol

Yes, I read quite well thank you. Your post states he pressured you to go through with the deal AFTER you had the deposit down not pressured you into it. Those are two different things and as I stated 99% of the time the dealership will hold you to your contract. Don't blame others for putting you into that situation. YOU knew best how bad your back was and still signed the deal. It reads that the salesman told you it was a good deal and you put the deposit down because you wanted that bike. Adult decisions have adult consequences.

No I don't work for GP. I am however capable of making my own decisions without blaming others.

Back
Top Bottom