Car AND truck of the year | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car AND truck of the year

Got a chance to drive the Camaro for a week this Sept, wasn't impressed at all.

I did like the look of the Colorado, would have liked to see it on hubby's list when he went looking this fall but he ended up with another Sierra. He's happy with that.

This Colorado is the first of the S10s that I actually don't like the looks of.
And the Camaro for me is meh. However, if they made it an IROC then I would probably have to get one by default, being Italian and all.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Awesome! A rebadged Isuzu and a car with blindspots of a submarine. I guess Chevy paid out the most in that bidding war.

I drive a lot, and i mean a lot of vehicles due to work. Chevy is just slightly above chrysler when i choose what vehicle i want. Chrysler is dead last. Fords vehicles are all 10x better. The fuzion wipes the floor with the Malibu. Same worh Focus and Cruze.

After having a Chev that had in my opinion a major safety defect,
and the mess I had with the dealer, I think I'll pass.

Brake light electronics was exposed to the elements, or at least rainwater, and the brake lights would short out and blow. Nothing like having to clean the bloody things once per week to keep you on your toes. Oh, and they never were recalled, that I heard.

at the time Ford only had a 7 seater, and it was using VHS for the entertainment system.

I'm not on side with either choice, I've driven both. Maybe the line in the sand was a bit blurry.

Seems like a big ad

Awesome! A rebadged Isuzu and a car with blindspots of a submarine. I guess Chevy paid out the most in that bidding war.

I drive a lot, and i mean a lot of vehicles due to work. Chevy is just slightly above chrysler when i choose what vehicle i want. Chrysler is dead last. Fords vehicles are all 10x better. The fuzion wipes the floor with the Malibu. Same worh Focus and Cruze.

Lol so true. Dunno how it's even legal.

Thought I read somewhere that the Colorado had some major reliability problems.

Also, they way the title on the article is written it makes it seem like the truck won car of the year and the car won truck of the year, heh.

The Chevy's we got at work recently seem pretty good. Better than the GMCs we got a few years ago. Which makes no sense to me since I thought they were essentially the same thing.

Name us the last good ford diesel motor. The Isuzu duramax motors are excellent. The cummins is simpler which gives it a slight edge over the duramax but the problem is you have to buy a dodge to get one. Ya the new Toyota has a small version coming out so it may be a good truck to watch for.

When I went looking for a new 3/4t truck ford wasn't even on the radar. They're due for a new motor anytime, the one in there now is more then 2 model years old isn't it?

Name us the last good ford diesel motor. The Isuzu duramax motors are excellent. The cummins is simpler which gives it a slight edge over the duramax but the problem is you have to buy a dodge to get one. Ya the new Toyota has a small version coming out so it may be a good truck to watch for.

When I went looking for a new 3/4t truck ford wasn't even on the radar. They're due for a new motor anytime, the one in there now is more then 2 model years old isn't it?

The 6.0 is awesome once it's been bullet proofed.

Really though the 7.3 is the last great Ford diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, i must have missed the title of the award....does it say "Diesel truck of the year?" No? Weird...so why is the diesel your only criteria for the SUV of the year award?

Engine does not make a vehicle....and i dont care how good the Isuzu diesel is, Chevy lacks severely in all other categories.

ANywho, i dont have that much of a problem with the Isuzu D-ma....i mean Chevy Colorado, as much as i have the Camaro being car of the year....There are literally dozens of other cars i can think of that i would nominate over the Camaro.

Thought that this was a dig at their diesels, that's why I brought it up.

I haven't driven a Camaro but if it's said to be a car of the year it had better be damn good and I can think of a few that should be above it but in the end, IDGAF.

I would put my 2015 2500 up against any of the other offered 3/4t's any day in all categories. Have you driven one?

You're right, the motor doesn't "make" a vehicle but it sure as hell ruins one when it sucks.

6.0 is fords biggest f up of a motor I think yet. It can be fixed and when it is it's good. They keep reinventing the wheel instead of improving on it and that's a lot of what kept me away from them. Build a motor and stick with it.....unless it's a 6.0 :)

Last edited:
This Colorado is the first of the S10s that I actually don't like the looks of.
And the Camaro for me is meh. However, if they made it an IROC then I would probably have to get one by default, being Italian and all.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

You rock IROC? I scream! You scream ice cream. Eye roll:rolleyes:

6.0 is fords biggest f up of a motor I think yet. It can be fixed and when it is it's good. They keep reinventing the wheel instead of improving on it and that's a lot of what kept me away from them. Build a motor and stick with it.....unless it's a 6.0 :)

It was actually International's f up, not Fords. I haven't heard much about the multi hundred million dollar lawsuit lately....

I ran into a guy while I was getting fuel that had a 2015 F250. He asked me what kind of fuel mileage I get, so far I am about 16L/100km. He said his 2015 is using about 24L/100km. Vomit.

It was actually International's f up, not Fords. I haven't heard much about the multi hundred million dollar lawsuit lately....

I ran into a guy while I was getting fuel that had a 2015 F250. He asked me what kind of fuel mileage I get, so far I am about 16L/100km. He said his 2015 is using about 24L/100km. Vomit.
That was from a diesel?

Correct. Sorry, I did not specify.

Wow. That's terrible. Our gas GMC 2500 gets about that (and everyone on here is always saying that's way higher than it should be).

Wow. That's terrible. Our gas GMC 2500 gets about that (and everyone on here is always saying that's way higher than it should be).

The new diesels get awful fuel mileage because of emissions standards.

The new diesels get awful fuel mileage because of emissions standards.

My 2011 was around 15L/100km average. That includes the "regen" cycle when it dumps a ton of fuel through a 9th injector to clean the DPF. I averaged ~17L/100km towing to Shubie and I drove ~110km/h.

That guy either does a ton of short city trips, is driving a new truck, or drives it like a hot rod. His mielage should be better.

Back
Top Bottom