Options for dealing with high mileage bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Options for dealing with high mileage bike?

I've noticed when sellers have something difficult to move they're always looking for the right buyer.

42k is nothing...price it right and see if someone bites. Theres always a noob looking to get started cheap. When I retire mine at 100k, I'm gonna treat her to some Ohlins front and back, and keep her as a track beater.

I'm better off with a bike that I've done so much with, costs me next to nothing to keep and still looks and runs great rather that whatever $ amount I'd get for it.

There's a right buyer born every minute.
For those that didn't get this ^^^^^ then you might be that buyer. #JustSayin

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Most people will buy it in the spring and use it just to get their license, then sell it in a year. It's not worth much. Anything over $1000 is good. Hard to sell for more when the market is flooded with 125s, 250s etc. with 8000-15,000km for $2000-$3000.

Aight you got 2 offers on the table. I'll give you 750$ and pick it up tomorrow.

Problem with the OP is he want top $ for a bike with double the usual km of other bikes. Imo you should've upgraded 20,000km ago if you want current market rates with 15-20k on the od.

Aight you got 2 offers on the table. I'll give you 750$ and pick it up tomorrow.
Clearly you don't understand how this bidding thing works....we were only at $300!! ? Now you're overpaying!

Clearly you don't understand how this bidding thing works....we were only at $300!!  Now you're overpaying!

I want the bike ;) Why waste time with $50 increases Joe?

BTW were you at Forks today? I saw a blue bike at the coffee shop and it kinda looks like yours but wasn't sure and didn't actually stop

I want the bike ;) Why waste time with $50 increases Joe?

BTW were you at Forks today? I saw a blue bike at the coffee shop and it kinda looks like yours but wasn't sure and didn't actually stop
Not me. Haven't been able to ride for a few months.

Feel free to save some money for the next auction. Next up on the block is my 2004 GS500F. Only 58K Km. Memento scratches from all over southern Ontario roads. Heated Grip (And I mean grip, the one side doesn't work). Self protective oiling (Stripped bolt on the oil filter cover, leaks). Oh, and a dual 12v accessory socket hidden in the fairings.

And bidders? :)

To put it another way, is it worth a few hundred $$$ to get your GF into riding. Would you rather have her as a riding partner or grumbling every time you go off on a ride? Even if you don't ride with her every time, at least she'll understand your desire to do it.

Would you rather she pay a similar amount for something with an unsure history? Whether you sell it in the Spring with 42 k, or a year later with 52 k, the $$$ difference will be negligible. Its already lost the bulk of its value. Probably the cheapest way to get her into the sport.

2k might be a good price point. You'll get a little below that, but the key is to making sure the bike has maint documentation. I was gonna pick one up for 2.5 with about 8k miles a while ago... just to put it in perspective.

Back
Top Bottom