How to prevent motorcycle exhaust burn on leg? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to prevent motorcycle exhaust burn on leg?

The skin will eventually scar and callous up to the point you won't feel it any more. Until then, carry a small fire extinguisher.

No go. Try pressing the palm (of your hand) into a leaf blower muffler to provide resistance when pull starting. There is no eventual to be had.

OP you're out of luck, event MotoGP champion got burned by exhaust.

It was unfamiliar customer grade street bike festooned with 99 stickies. Hardly the level playing field.

No go. Try pressing the palm (of your hand) into a leaf blower muffler to provide resistance when pull starting. There is no eventual to be had.
LMAO..or same thing when I adjust the wheel height on the mower. Pisses me off!

Most accidents can be prevented thru training. Find a mentor. If this is not possible the use of guards and PPE is highly advisable.
PeePee? How does that help? OP, I think urine trouble.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

PeePee? How does that help? OP, I think urine trouble.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Xoxoxoxo

Sincerely,

Nohomo

Sometimes when I ride my leg accidentally scrapes the exhaust pipe and my leg gets burned. How can i prevent this? Will exhaust shields work or only exhaust wraps? Where can i buy them. I prefer not to use wraps as i hate the look of it.

Edit: This happens when i'm at a red light and then i start to put my feet on the pegs.

Never in my 10 years of riding this happened to me, so can't really relate. What bike are you riding? Wearing jeans?

just a sportbike. yeah i'm wearing jeans but sometimes my jeans ride up. Sorry, to make it more clear this only happens when i go from a red light and start to put my feet on the pegs. My leg accidentally touches the exhaust while doing this.

Make, model, year, please ... and what type of exhaust system does it have - stock or otherwise?

To the original poster.....what is the make of your sport bike?
What is your height?
Knowing the make of bike might make it possible for someone to provide you with useful advice.

To the original poster.....what is the make of your sport bike?
What is your height?
Knowing the make of bike might make it possible for someone to provide you with useful advice.

Nobody's seen hide nor hair of the stickman88 in almost a week. Maybe check local burn units?

Me thinks all the replies to this thread are burned.

As the old saying goes, the simplest solution that fits all of the parameters is generally the best.
Higher boots or sew a leather patch on your riding jeans where your leg comes in contact with the pipe.

lol i have a medium-high positioned exhaust and ive never done that, im also a pretty tall guy. only ive ever done it was when i parked too close to my buddy and had to squeeze in between the bikes lol but i think you are cuffing your legs too close to the bike when your legs are left hanging during take off. you can probably avoid this but going into gear and keeping your right leg up, then when the light changes then you just take off with your leg already on the peg

Back
Top Bottom