Yikes Yamaha! WTH? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yikes Yamaha! WTH?

Venom01

Yamaha should really start getting public feedback sometimes. This monstrosity is replacing the FZ1? Yikes! SUPER FUGLY

a8a71f06e8e18c039f676aa29ebdd987.jpg

[h=2]2016 Yamaha MT-10 highlights[/h]
  • YZF-R1 derived 998cc CP4 crossplane engine
  • 165bhp | 75ftlb | 199kg (est)
  • Switchable 3-mode Traction Control System
  • YZF-R1 derived chassis and suspension
  • Slipper clutch and cruise control
  • Full LCD dash

It's not so bad but that schnozzola. Take it off, put a stick on it and you have this:

HTB138VrHFXXXXXaaXXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg

Should be some aftermarket solutions soon after the bike's debut.

Yeah it's a little busy looking. The attraction of a naked bike should be the naked bits, but they're trying to draw attention to the body plastics. Kinda creates a look of desperate, clashing, attention-whoring bike parts. I'm sure young riders will love it.

I'm in LOVE with what they did with my beloved FZ-09 though. I may sell mine to get my hands on this little beauty

5846045741d49b78c1143a4563ba9437.jpg

That is not the FZ09 replacement, its a "different bike", the fz09 is coming back on 2016 with TC.
Loving that MT10, but it isn't a tripple so I am staying with my FZ09
I'm in LOVE with what they did with my beloved FZ-09 though. I may sell mine to get my hands on this little beauty

5846045741d49b78c1143a4563ba9437.jpg

That is not the FZ09 replacement, its a "different bike", the fz09 is coming back on 2016 with TC.
Loving that MT10, but it isn't a tripple so I am staying with my FZ09
This is an FZ-09 just in the retro XSR series. This one has the traction control already. Not to mention a slipper clutch and ABS.

My guess it's all the stuff going into the 2016 FZ-09 with that sweet retro paint job and tank. I am REALLY liking that XSR

Last edited:
This is an FZ-09 just in the retro XSR series. This one has the traction control already. Not to mention a slipper clutch and ABS.

My guess it's all the stuff going into the 2016 FZ-09 with that sweet retro paint job and tank. I am REALLY liking that XSR
Yea pretty much.

OK, just tell me where do I sign (for the XSR 900).

[video=youtube;P3kuM3PqqX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kuM3PqqX4[/video]

Must have had a bunch of extra Batman face masks they wanted to use up for that front fairing.

507255347_680.jpg

Go back up and look again now at the original picture and tell me you don't see it. :p

Like the XSR 900... but baby the MT 10.... ohhhh yaaaaaaa. Sign me up scottie . HP north of 150... just paint the wheels black.

What it really needs is a chin spoiler to clean up the look a bit, remove the gap between the rad and the oil cooler. Similar to the S1000R and the Tuono.

Jeebus, what a hideously ugly bike. Yamaha has been on a good roll lately, this is a huge misstep.

I give it a one year, two at absolute most, model run before they revise it to something a bit more conventional

I think it's a sexy beast (the mt10)

Wonder what the price is.

Agreed, the all black looks great. The front headlights remind me of my fav generation R1.

Back
Top Bottom