Yikes Yamaha! WTH? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yikes Yamaha! WTH?

Both the xsr and the mt10/look awesome

Anyone know if they will be at the show?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last year they released the R1 and the FJ-09 at the same show in Italy, and they were both at the shows....

I like it

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That is not the FZ09 replacement, its a "different bike", the fz09 is coming back on 2016 with TC.
Loving that MT10, but it isn't a tripple so I am staying with my FZ09

I can confirm the 2016 FZ09's do not have traction control. However the XSR900 does. Looks like it might be the same electronics package as the FJ09 (this is supposition based on what I saw on the stream yesterday from Italy).

I also think it's ugly.

I am sure I read it somewhere. Maybe they were talking about the 2017.
I can confirm the 2016 FZ09's do not have traction control. However the XSR900 does. Looks like it might be the same electronics package as the FJ09 (this is supposition based on what I saw on the stream yesterday from Italy).

Looks like they tried to make a really ugly version of the Tuono (same headlight eyes and airbox snorkels) and they succeeded.

I LOVE that MT-10. I hope they bring it here as the FZ-10 so I can pick one up in a few years.

With stats like this and FZ style ergos, you'd be foolish to buy an R1 unless you're going to be headed to the track. That is a ton of bike for anyone to handle and it'll be comfortable too.

With stats like this and FZ style ergos, you'd be foolish to buy an R1 unless you're going to be headed to the track. That is a ton of bike for anyone to handle and it'll be comfortable too.

This FZ-10 will be a freakin' wheelie machine, can't wait to get it. Never riding a sport bike on the road again after I get one of these bad boys (if they ever bring it to Canada). Only reason I couldn't spend the money on a FZ-09 was the absolute garbage suspension that's soft as butter.... Sure, great engine, but why did they forget about the rest of the bike. At least this one will have something much better to still have fun with and you still get a comfortable riding position.

This FZ-10 will be a freakin' wheelie machine, can't wait to get it. Never riding a sport bike on the road again after I get one of these bad boys (if they ever bring it to Canada). Only reason I couldn't spend the money on a FZ-09 was the absolute garbage suspension that's soft as butter.... Sure, great engine, but why did they forget about the rest of the bike. At least this one will have something much better to still have fun with and you still get a comfortable riding position.
There are very affordable option to fix it.

Any idea what the MT-10 MSRP will be?

As of this morning, no. They haven't announced the MSRP's or which models are or are not coming to the Canadian market yet. Yamaha Canada didn't option the SR400, and the US did. For some reason we didn't get the XSR700 last year either, I'm hoping that changes this year. The pricing they had in Italy won't necessarily be spot on for the Canadian pricing.

From a quick look at the specs, it looks like the MT-10 is based off the last generation R1 (different hardware on the new generation). The last description I heard from Italy was: "it feels just like an FZ8". That would be without driving it of course. I expect this will be tons of fun, but will be competing internally with the R1S. The R1S is the R1 for the street, this should be a bigger chassis FZ-09, appears to have slightly different ergos and riding characteristics. As soon as I get my hands on one, I'll do a quick write up based on my impressions. I'll also post once we know availability and pricing for all the new models.

Last edited:
Okay, update time.. No word on pricing (personally disappointed). But the bike should (read: will, barring disaster) be at the show in February. This will be a 2017 model (at the earliest) and may be an early release like the Bolt and FZ07 were in previous years but no guarantees yet. We don't have the north american tech specs yet, but the dash looks the new R1 and the hardware on the engine cases looks like the older style (not aluminum). Not sure which motor it got, the two options seem to be either a derivative of the new R1S or the last gen R1, I'm leaning to the R1S based on the dash electronics.

Back
Top Bottom