Yikes Yamaha! WTH?

[h=2]2016 Yamaha MT-10 highlights[/h]
  • YZF-R1 derived 998cc CP4 crossplane engine
  • 165bhp | 75ftlb | 199kg (est)
  • Switchable 3-mode Traction Control System
  • YZF-R1 derived chassis and suspension
  • Slipper clutch and cruise control
  • Full LCD dash

That would be the perfect weapon for you.

Last edited:
im really curious how this will be on insurance, any Z1000 owners out there care to comment?
im waiting to see pricing on the MT10 but i was looking at a new Z1000 just yesterday.

Liking the bike, more so that 900. I though don't get the naked thing. I've said it before, head out on a full tour, hit a super-highway during some in-climate weather and let me know why a fairing isn't a good idea.

Liking the bike, more so that 900. I though don't get the naked thing. I've said it before, head out on a full tour, hit a super-highway during some in-climate weather and let me know why a fairing isn't a good idea.
I have. Fairings and wind protection is not the only thing riding is all about, if that was the case I would buy a goldwing.

Riding a naked bike is a completely different experience than a super or sport bike$.I also didn't get it a couple of years ago but now I understand.

im really curious how this will be on insurance, any Z1000 owners out there care to comment?
im waiting to see pricing on the MT10 but i was looking at a new Z1000 just yesterday.

Big insurance difference between Z1000 & Ninja 1000. When I was looking, my insurance company quoted the Z1000 a couple hundred more than my old V-Strom 650. She said "I don't know anything about motorcycles but a Ninja 1000 is a super sport, and we don't insure super sports". I said that she was right, she doesn't know anything about motorcycles.

With Kawi, the prefix they put on their fairing bikes tends to get them lumped in the same category. I'm not sure how it would be with Yamaha.

Big insurance difference between Z1000 & Ninja 1000. When I was looking, my insurance company quoted the Z1000 a couple hundred more than my old V-Strom 650. She said "I don't know anything about motorcycles but a Ninja 1000 is a super sport, and we don't insure super sports". I said that she was right, she doesn't know anything about motorcycles.

With Kawi, the prefix they put on their fairing bikes tends to get them lumped in the same category. I'm not sure how it would be with Yamaha.

good to know, thanks.
im going to get a quote from wawanessa on my old 2007 sportster to compare it to what they charge now then get quotes on the naked bikes im looking at and see how it goes.
i use to pay 527 per year on the 883 sportster....shoulda kept it, loved the nike and its style when i was done with it but it was killing my back....surprisingly a SS is extremely comfortable to me.....weird back injury from almost 10 years ago.

I'm in LOVE with what they did with my beloved FZ-09 though. I may sell mine to get my hands on this little beauty

5846045741d49b78c1143a4563ba9437.jpg

Mmmmmmm...... Very Nice. It reminds me of something that Roberts should be riding around a half mile track.

FWIW TD/MM did not consider the Ninja 1000 a supersport the last time I quoted it

Same here .... going to pull trigger on Ninja 1000. Or so I thought, I believe this bike should be considered the same category/risk as the Kawi through insurance eyes.
??

I was quoted on both, Ninja 1000 and Z1000 )2016's.... Z model was $200.00 more per year

Update: these will be available in the summer (June-July 2016) as a 2017 model. The euro spec model will be at the show in Feb and we will know the colours and pricing in April - May sometime.

Features: ABS, cruise control, traction control, slipper clutch, electronic steering damper, and probably more to come...

Turns out, it is based of the current model R1S engine with some small changes (no details yet, sorry).

AD Koncepts fixed the front end of the MT 10. I'd have a pre order right now if Yamaha did this in the first place!

1489833971d75845136a82ef8efb33f3.jpg

AD Koncepts fixed the front end of the MT 10. I'd have a pre order right now if Yamaha did this in the first place!

1489833971d75845136a82ef8efb33f3.jpg

That is one mean handsome motorbike, looks like Mike Tyson with hide fade. Would like to be seen on. #nohomo

has anyone else on here ridden one of these?
i took it out on demo day last week

has anyone else on here ridden one of these?
i took it out on demo day last week
No, for fit and form I'm sure a demo ride would be fine, but there is no way to really explore a machine like this in a controlled demo.

Back
Top Bottom