Yikes Yamaha! WTH? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yikes Yamaha! WTH?

Just came back from my test ride with the FZ10. I don't know how I feel about it actually. I'm not entirely sold. I do find the throttle super twitchy, just like how my Daytona was!

I was on the 401, on my Multistrada, heading west through Scarborough. Saw a group of bikes, got closer, could see they were all Yamahas. To me the FZ10 looked good. Would have liked to see it open up. Wonder if that was you?

I was on the 401, on my Multistrada, heading west through Scarborough. Saw a group of bikes, got closer, could see they were all Yamahas. To me the FZ10 looked good. Would have liked to see it open up. Wonder if that was you?

Might have been! Was the lead rider on the R1? I was two bikes back.

Last edited:
Our demo ride is this Saturday. I will ride it and try to offer my opinions on it early next week when I'm back in front of the computer. I have high hopes for it, which I am trying to temper.

Rode it at your demo day today. Great bike, had a lot of fun on it. Felt a lot like my FZ1, just more

If only it wasn't so hideously ugly.

motorcycles are recreational vehicles that should be fun groundbreaking and exciting it's such a small Market how many would you expect to sell the true test is resale value in 5 and 10 years

motorcycles are recreational vehicles that should be fun groundbreaking and exciting it's such a small Market how many would you expect to sell the true test is resale value in 5 and 10 years
Not for everyone. I use it to go to work for 8 months of the year

Not for everyone. I use it to go to work for 8 months of the year
Here, but your motorcycle is a fun, groundbreaking and exciting commuter.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I had a chance to test ride the MT-10 on Friday. It was decent looking to me in person, brutal amounts of torque. Clutch engagement was towards the very end of the lever pull which I found to be a bit annoying. The brakes seemed to work alright to me, but I am unfamiliar with Yamaha's brakes. Overall I didn't feel this bike was spectacular in any one way, but one thing it did let me know, I will be shifting to this style of bike. I adjusted to the position fairly quickly and the turns were not any less fun.. mind blown..

[video=youtube;QN1gK0w4M6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1gK0w4M6E[/video]

I finally had a chance to go for a ride this weekend, albeit a short ride. I expected this to feel like a newer FZ1, it did not. I thought this was going to be more "toury" and less sporty, wrong.

The ergos were great for a rider with a bigger frame. Handle bars and pegs felt like they were in the exact right spot. Steering input was light and the bike was very well composed in the city. It felt planted and responsive, without having to put too much effort into managing the bike, which I find very different than the FZ1/FZ8 previously. This bike is light, and feels it. Very low center of gravity. The powerplant is phenominal as you would expect, I spent most the ride in B-mode, and had no idea. A-mode is brutally fun.

The seat is horrific. For a bike standard with cruise control (implying you could do long rides), someone missed a memo or something. It might as well be painted wood. Evidently Yamaha has a "Comfort Seat" for $370, but I won't vouch for it until I have sat on it for a ride or two.

This feels like the FZ9's big brother, which I suppose was the intention. It is not (in my opinion) a direct successor to the FZ1, as its current configuration is not suited to touring. The FZ-10 felt fantastic (minus the seat), once I understood where it was meant to be in the line-up. I loved the flourescent wheels, but they will have to be kept clean as every bit of dirt was obvious on the demo bike. Anyway those are my two cents..

Back
Top Bottom