1984 Dual Sport Honda XR200R Street Legal | GTAMotorcycle.com
  • Please use the new GTAM Classified section. Check it out HERE

1984 Dual Sport Honda XR200R Street Legal

hi folks

I've restored this bike over the past two years. It has a new head, measures 225cc's, piston, rings new clutch. New gaskets, seals and some helicoils were installed.

I bought the Baja Design Lighting kit from California. By the time this kit reached my doorstep, it cost $1,000.00CDN. It has a powerful quartz headlight with high and low beam, LED signals and brake lights. The kit also acts as a security feature because it requires an ignition key.

I had to have the stator upgraded to run the lights. It was totally rebuilt with thicker gauge wire to increase the amperage without distorting the wattage. That cost $350.00

I refinish the rims, added new rim tape and bead locks and a pair of DOT approved, Bridgestone Dual Sport Trail Wing tires ($300)

Installed digital, large display trailtech computer, reads in MPH and KPH, has two trip meters so you can gauge your gas, as well as many other functions.

Also replaced the woodruff key lock and new handlebar grips.

The bike has the RHVC motor only available in 84 and 85. Was later replaced with a cheaper motor. The Radial Head Valve Chamber motor is like a "Hemi" design. The spark plug faces down from the top in the middle of the valves with dispurses the spark evenly. Its a 4 stroke, which means smoother response, better fuel economy and you dont have to mix the gas with oil. It has 4 valves, two intake, two exhaust and dual carbs. One carb works all the time, the 2nd opens at about 1/2 throttle.

I tuned it up, put a new plug, checked the timing and adjusted the valves and it runs perfectly! Smooth, starts first couple of kicks.

I love this bike! Its light, agile, you can go anywhere, it's street legal and very cheap on insurance too.

Although it's an 84, it's really like a 2014 with all the new parts. It only has 400k on it since all this work.

Comes with nearly new set of off road tires and box of original parts too. 1000's invested, asking $2500 CDN

Interested? please contact Phil though this forum or..

check out bike build blog here

[video=vimeo;138914691]https://vimeo.com/138914691[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom