Trackday question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trackday question

joey12jet1

How does trackday fee/entrance works?

Is it dependent on number of riders or number of bikes?

Ex.
1.If two or more riders bring only one bike and intend to ride alternately, do they pay individually?
2.if 1 guy brings 2 or more bikes and intends to ride all the bikes he brought, how does he pay?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'll take a stab at this: Basically dependent on riders not bikes.

1) Yes. Two riders, each pays. The bike will have two stickers and the marshalls will check. You'd get the same track time as if you had your own bike (assuming different groups) so each pays full price.

2) He pays once for himself, he gets a sticker for each bike. He can only ride one at a time, so that makes sense.

How about this,if a rider brings a buddy/camera man? Will he pay?

How about this,if a rider brings a buddy/camera man? Will he pay?

If the second guy wants to ride too then he has to pay the fee. Think of it this way. Anyone who wants to ride at a track day has to pay the entry fee. You have to pay to play.

Stop trying to think of ways to game the system. You're giving joes a bad name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an entry/gate fee for the 2nd guy if he is not going to ride?

If the second guy wants to ride too then he has to pay the fee. Think of it this way. Anyone who wants to ride at a track day has to pay the entry fee. You have to pay to play.

Stop trying to think of ways to game the system. You're giving joes a bad name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha.

No, im not trying anything to make joes look bad,just curious. Hehe

When you pay for a trackday, your pit crew gets in for free. If two riders want to share bike, either ride in different groups, both pay, or same group taking turns in same group one pays. Check with organization running day.

Is there an entry/gate fee for the 2nd guy if he is not going to ride?

It depends on the track and it depends on the organizer, and it can vary from one event to the next. For example, if you go to Grand Bend or Cayuga, and a drag-racing event on the drag strip coincides with the track day on the road course, an extra person is going to pay the spectator fee because there is no separation between the drag-strip and the road course. TYPICALLY, if the track day is the only thing going on, there is no charge for spectators.

Keep in mind , just because buddy has two bikes he may not be qualified to ride both. So if he is deemed a yellow group rider. Just because he has two bikes does not mean he can take the other bike out in the red or green. Those groups could be full and he may be over qualified for green and under qualified for red. Don't even try to argue this one as it is a safety issue. Also ,if you have a film guy riding he has to be qualified for the group you are in. So if he is a green group rider and you are red/yellow,, hope you are not paying the guy for the day! Some events are different and allow accommodations on slower days. But do not expect any track day provide to accommodate you if they are booked up. Please do not waste their time asking if they are busy. Or ,, buy the session outright.

Back
Top Bottom