State Farm renewal raises my Super Sport rate 275% on BMW | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm renewal raises my Super Sport rate 275% on BMW

and lets really be honest you think the young kids on SS are the ones paying for how they ride thru insurance... half of them ride without it and now the other half and some will start to do the same. that's a cold hard fact. so as far as bikes go the ones paying for it are the ones that chose have insurance. as the police already know we chose to stop for them to give them the chance to ask for our insurance.

Last edited:
What could you start a class action law suit over? if your really that ignorant ill spread some light for you to what insurance company's do. lets start with them totally neglecting one of a humans rights in this country, that being you shall not be discriminated against due to your gender. Since the day I stated driving because I am a male iv had to pay higher rates. easily double from what a female would pay. and just to put it out there i have a clean record. now when i called today to state farm to give them an ear full about my 200% increase i brought this to their attention. they responded with well sir your not decimated against because of gender its a statistic. i then replied, why do we have driving records for? all they do is if we get a ticket or a claim you can charge us more, but if we over 10 20 30+ years prove that we are not part of that young and lots to learn demographic that make those statistics then why do we have to be punished for there actions. a driving record should be all that is looked at, not your gender your age or where you live. we should just be a number in a system. if you base your life on a statistic and punish everyone because history has shown us it can happen then i guess you'll also agree never to get on a plain with anyone that looks like, well don't make me say it.

Now for all the people that say well you have to pay to play, i hope you have to sell your cottage to pay for your insurance to ride that bike a few measly months of the year. must be tuff.... but in reality the reason we have a government is to take care of its people. without us there is no them, sure i agree driving is a privilege not a right. could you tell me why other province governing body's do there job, why does BC and Alberta have insurance that is monitored or ran by the government to make sure the company's are not taking advantage? i mean lets face it insurance has the best business model iv ever seen. you must have this product, they charge insane amounts of money for there service. if you dare choose to use the service you pay for they will increase your rates to high hell. they do anything and everything they can to find a loop hole to not provide what you've paid years for. most people will empty their accounts to pay out of pocket to avoid calling them, and this does not apply to all but isn't insurance there if a mistake is made by someone. oh and last YOU MUST HAVE IT. well it just doesn't get any better then this.....

i now have to touch base of the fact that SS get dinged harder then any other form of two wheels. weird iv never seen a Harley or Vespa under a car, or speed for that matter. unless they have a dam magic bubble that forms around them i wonder why people feel that those types of bikes are not capable of reaching speeds that could cause serious amounts of harm to there riders or others. only thing i know is SS can just get to those speeds a bit faster.

with all this being said im starting to feel that this and the greatest generation are just to scared to stand up and fight for what they feel is right, we all just bend over and take it. i will be starting a Facebook page a thread on here and contacting the media to inform them that if this government doesn't start to protect its citizens from unjust discriminations and company's taking advantage like this that they can expect a PEACEFULL protest this year. maybe right in front of city hall. its time for everyone to stop bitching about it on here and get up and do something about it. lets band together and do something for once. if they raise our rates because some of us drive to fast well lets go really slow and maybe that will get them to start on the already promised insurance decreases that we have been patiently waiting for from our government. i am tiered of getting lumped into a group and having to pay a price for it, its 2016 and now more then ever we are fighting to stop those types of statitics and stereotypes.

anyone that would like to help to start setting something up please feel free to PM me, I already have a small group working on things.

As I posted elsewhere, you name the place I will be at the rally. I do think it is time we made some noise. literally.

For those who say it doesnt do anything to protest, I politely disagree. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Unfortunately, we have been getting "greased" involuntarily for years!

BB

@MadR1 another member here has been fighting a battle to keep free parking downtown. I'm not trying to dissuade you, just want you to be aware that there is a long road ahead. The first being, as mentioned here and in other threads, the perception of motorcyclists in the eyes of the general population.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Get a booth at the up coming motorcycle shows in Toronto and start collecting names and adresses to keep it going. What better place to start than where the riders are congregating. GTAM petitions are a start but have a poor track record of completion.

What could you start a class action law suit over? if your really that ignorant ill spread some light for you to what insurance company's do. lets start with them totally neglecting one of a humans rights in this country, that being you shall not be discriminated against due to your gender. Since the day I stated driving because I am a male iv had to pay higher rates. easily double from what a female would pay. and just to put it out there i have a clean record. now when i called today to state farm to give them an ear full about my 200% increase i brought this to their attention. they responded with well sir your not decimated against because of gender its a statistic. i then replied, why do we have driving records for? all they do is if we get a ticket or a claim you can charge us more, but if we over 10 20 30+ years prove that we are not part of that young and lots to learn demographic that make those statistics then why do we have to be punished for there actions. a driving record should be all that is looked at, not your gender your age or where you live. we should just be a number in a system. if you base your life on a statistic and punish everyone because history has shown us it can happen then i guess you'll also agree never to get on a plain with anyone that looks like, well don't make me say it.

Already been tried by the SCC in Zurich Insurance Co. v. Ontario (Human Rights Comm.) (1992), 16 C.H.R.R. D/255 (S.C.C.). Discrimination is permitted "where a contract of automobile insurance differentiates on reasonable and bona fide grounds because of age, sex, marital status, family status or handicap." See:

http://www.cdn-hr-reporter.ca/hr_to...uto-insurance-rates-allowed-bona-fide-reasons

...could you tell me why other province governing body's do there job, why does BC and Alberta have insurance that is monitored or ran by the government to make sure the company's are not taking advantage? ...

It's an idea that is gaining momentum in some circles but it faces significant challenges, not the least of which is powerful lobbying from insurance companies to maintain the status quo. As well, I'm sure the political-right would have an aneurysm over the concept of "socializing" insurance.

This article does a good job of summarizing the pros and cons of public insurance in Ontario:

http://www.ambridgelaw.com/en/must-...ontario-drivers-from-high-insurance-premiums/

with all this being said im starting to feel that this and the greatest generation are just to scared to stand up and fight for what they feel is right, we all just bend over and take it. i will be starting a Facebook page a thread on here and contacting the media...

Contact Alan Shanoff, a lawyer who often writes insurance-based pieces in the Toronto Sun. He bristles at the failure of the government to deliver on the promise of a 15% drop in automobile premiums; he'd probably be apoplectic over the stories of 275% increases foisted on some riders this year by private insurers. Who knows, he might even write an article or two about it.

I do think it is time we made some noise. literally.

For those who say it doesnt do anything to protest, I politely disagree. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Worked really well for the taxi drivers protesting against Uber, didn't it?

Yep, everyone's on the side of the taxi drivers now.

/sarcasm

Wow , all this makes me happy with my decision to go off-road only, feel bad for my friends currently riding supersports though .. ......... I know it's apples to oranges, but I'm paying $21 per month for 2 off road bikes (15 year old son and myself) riding a KTM 250 and KTM 125 ....
If I still had a supersport , it would be track only .....
Scary times !

Last edited:
Long story short call Andy Sing at 905 667 4746 Daltin Timmins !!! tell him Duane with the MV Augsta F4 RR sent you , trust me !!! best rates out there for any bike ! I was with state farm was paying 2400 a year went up too 3311 no tickets no claims ever 41 years old

if you're in the position to bring bike, auto, and home...
there is no one that will come close to Grant Redfern @ Allstate
tell him dave sent you and ask about "the unicorn" policy..
I was with SF too, thought I was lucky paying $1300/yr, went up to $2500 this year.. 31yrs old, 08 fireblade..
I won't even tell you what I'm paying now you wouldn't believe me..
contact Grant gredfern@allstate.ca
trust me

td bank has good quotes my dad is 40 and they tried raising the rate on my 2002 cbr 600 f4i from 1000 to 1500 but we talked it down to 1000 if you call td as say you use to pay 1400 a year they might offer it or close but make sure you talk with some one good because when I had a new be on the phone it didn't go good

if you're in the position to bring bike, auto, and home...
there is no one that will come close to Grant Redfern @ Allstate
tell him dave sent you and ask about "the unicorn" policy..
I was with SF too, thought I was lucky paying $1300/yr, went up to $2500 this year.. 31yrs old, 08 fireblade..
I won't even tell you what I'm paying now you wouldn't believe me..
contact Grant gredfern@allstate.ca
trust me
im really curious what the blade is costing you, shoot me a pm and what ins company you are with.
im really considering jumping on a 1000cc but the insurance rates have held me back for the past few seasons.

Since EaZ8 asked, I'll weigh in. I had an 08RR on the street for a few years then switched to a VFR1200. The VFR is $770/year (liability, comp, $1M), the CBR was $750, same package. This is 30+, continuous insurance for > 5 years, clean record, 2 cars and a house in Waterloo. Haven't received renwal yet this year from AllState. Grant Redfern, A+.

Add another one to the list. My insurance renewal was due in April 10th, I called today to see what my new rate would be. Went from $2000/yr going up to $3800/yr April 10th. I cancelled my policy on the spot. Honestly I can't even be bothered to call around for rates anymore. Going to leave the bike in the garage for a couple years. Too bad they just took a payment out of my account the other day I hope I get some money back but not holding my breath. 27 yrs old and one ticket. full m license. no changes since last renewal.

My buddies went from $1700 up to $3100. Needless to say he cancelled his renewal as well.
Both with state Farm.
It's a real shame these agents will be losing out on commissions.

Since EaZ8 asked, I'll weigh in. I had an 08RR on the street for a few years then switched to a VFR1200. The VFR is $770/year (liability, comp, $1M), the CBR was $750, same package. This is 30+, continuous insurance for > 5 years, clean record, 2 cars and a house in Waterloo. Haven't received renwal yet this year from AllState. Grant Redfern, A+.
not bad at all. i really want to hop on a 1000 but they are obviously more for insurance and dont want to get one have a good rate for 1 season then get burned.
on my 09 600rr i pay $650 a year, same specs as you..over 30, clean record, multi vehicle discount.
if i could do a 3 to 5 year rate lock in i would get a new 2017 1000rr, there are rumors of next year being a redesign.

Any recommendations on who to go with for a SS. Use to be with state farm as you all know they are doubling the rates. Please help

Dalton timmis is worth the call, but if you're under 25 on a 600RR as your previous posts suggest, not sure there's going to be any necessarily "cheap" options for you out there.

To be fair the rates have been the same for the last 3-4 years with allstate, although I can see what you are saying. Of course this year could be a different story with the state farm story, but I'll let you know either way. Either march or april it comes up, should hear soon.

not bad at all. i really want to hop on a 1000 but they are obviously more for insurance and dont want to get one have a good rate for 1 season then get burned.
on my 09 600rr i pay $650 a year, same specs as you..over 30, clean record, multi vehicle discount.
if i could do a 3 to 5 year rate lock in i would get a new 2017 1000rr, there are rumors of next year being a redesign.

To be fair the rates have been the same for the last 3-4 years with allstate, although I can see what you are saying. Of course this year could be a different story with the state farm story, but I'll let you know either way. Either march or april it comes up, should hear soon.
cool appreciate it.
i have a buddy with all the same specs as me but a gsxr750, he called my broker for a quote and was priced at about 2 grand a year, even same postal code as me. i guess (and this is just an assumption)the gsxr is known for a lot more claims than honda so its higher risk because i cant see a 750 costing that much more than a 600 to insure...im curious what a gsxr600 would cost in comparison to my cbr600.

every year around this time i start looking at new bikes. im going to be doing a lot more 2 up riding now so a 1000 would be nice but again really not needed. ive also got a urge to get a flat black 2015 636...ive almost got one every year since 2013 when the new style came out but keep stopping because its just not worth selling my CBR600rr to get a 636.

state farm last year i paid 1800 and this year renewal went to 2800 i think it said... i cancelled early feb when i got my new policy for $650 a year and SF just rang my bell for about $190...they charged me feb rate plus $40 as a cancellation fee.

just need a date & time, the french know all about protests, along with a ton of other folks

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/11/paris-march-bigger-than-1969-vietnam-protest-and-2013-march-for-life-combined/

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by busabim
I do think it is time we made some noise. literally.

Worked really well for the taxi drivers protesting against Uber, didn't it?

Yep, everyone's on the side of the taxi drivers now.

/sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom