State Farm renewal raises my Super Sport rate 275% on BMW | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

State Farm renewal raises my Super Sport rate 275% on BMW

Finally, finally got my renewal from SF. Well, not in the mail yet but a communication from my agent. She told me my rate is actually going down a tad, from $1059 to $1016 on the Fazer 8. Going from M2 to M recently netted no effect on the rate.

I'm really happy with that and will be staying with these guys for now. That figure is lower than any other quote I've thus far seen (online, via brokers etc.) It probably helps that I'm 49, married, have no claims and also have three cars and a house with them...

Lucky me.

I'm in very similar situation as you ... age, M license and multiple items on my policy. Last week Personal Insurance gave me a quote for 09 Yamaha FZ1 (full coverage) for $807. I think you could get a better price ...

i used Dalton Timmis to find insurance, i was dealing with a guy named Ronn Calderon

This is my first year riding(m2 license) I'm 33, and i have a 2017 yamaha fz07, with full coverage insurance i pay 126/month which im very happy with.

it was cheaper to do car and bike seperate in my case but he managed to save me 98$/month on my car insurance as well lol
(previous company was charging me 212/month on car and i got it now for 114/month)

ive been licenced and insured for 17 years on a car and this is my first year on a bike policy, no tickets no accidents, nothing.(just as reference)

Last edited:
Hmph. Maybe it's time to start shopping around again :/

Not sure if I mentioned it but my renewal came in at $299/ year (no collision)
'da Bridge
Married
1998 Shadow 750
Stand alone policy
Dejardins
4 years M

Sent from the Purple Zone

damnit joe why you makin me jealous

my rates went down this year...$551 full coverage on a 09 600rr.
similar situation to JoeBass i guess.
im getting older, got my m1 back in 2003 i think, clean record and outside of GTA.

Joe - whats Da Bridge ? ...bracebridge ?

Joe is in Woodbridge, with most of the other Italians.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

never understood the difference between woodbridge and vaughan.

I live in the sticks lol. Anything between Vaughan Ajax and Oakville is all Toronto to me.

Woodbridge is technically a town within the City of Vaughan.
Maple was still a hamlet until just recently.
And yes, as Iceman said, it's where all the other Italians live!
Although those numbers have been declining over the last few years.

my parents still own my grandfathers place in little Italy that my grandfather bought wayyyy back in the day...but little Italy isnt all Italian anymore. i still remember going down there for world cup 94....and Baggio puts it over the net...ugh..

I'm hearing a lot of horror stories with SS insurance so I made sure to do some ground work before my purchase. I recently bought and insured a 2007 CB600RR at $1750 with Certa/Statefarm. M2 for 3 years. Home + 2 cars (age 40). This seems pretty darn reasonable to me. Can anyone else confirm these rates? Mind you the same bike in 2015 was quoted at $800.

I'm hearing a lot of horror stories with SS insurance so I made sure to do some ground work before my purchase. I recently bought and insured a 2007 CB600RR at $1750 with Certa/Statefarm. M2 for 3 years. Home + 2 cars (age 40). This seems pretty darn reasonable to me. Can anyone else confirm these rates? Mind you the same bike in 2015 was quoted at $800.

that might seem reasonable for a 25 year old, but at 40 you can do much better than 1750, shop around.

At full M expect them to give you a big discount or you walk.

Barrie isn't all rednecks anymore either.

Barrie isn't all rednecks anymore either.

I dont know i kinda like rednecks

Did a test ride up there last summer, was shocked at the number of teenage mothers everywhere..

that might seem reasonable for a 25 year old, but at 40 you can do much better than 1750, shop around.

At full M expect them to give you a big discount or you walk.

I have received better quotes but not by much. I think my postal code in North York is the real culprit. As soon as I get my M this summer I'll likely switch at renewal.

Back
Top Bottom