Mid Movember Muskoka Monday | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mid Movember Muskoka Monday

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
The weather looks to be really nice this coming Monday- sunny and maybe a high of around 15 or so. So this will probably be the last of the long rides for me this year. Planning on hitting up Southwood Rd, Peninsula Rd, McDougall/Hurdville Rd, Bunny Trail, 520, 518, Swords Rd, 141, Butter n Eggs, and Coopers Falls Rd.

Meeting spot: Innisfil Beach Rd at the Tim's/Shell just east of Hwy 400 - leaving at 9am.
Lunch: Packing a lunch to save time and eat at a nice spot near a lake or river or something.
Route: Google Maps says about 7.5hrs and 550km - round trip to Innisfil.
Pace: Fun in the corners and responsible everywhere else (not for new riders).

Here's a rough route: https://goo.gl/maps/KNSZmXvoFH82

I'm coming from Mississauga and prefer to not be riding in the dark, in rush hour traffic, after a long ride.
If anyone interested wants to meet up earlier so we can finish earlier, I can be at Innisfil as early as 8am.

Cheers!

Last edited:
That looks like a hellova route dude.

Hope everything comes together for you guys.

Thanks. I've been on all the roads before and they are sweet. Also nice that the 518 and Southwood Rd are in very good shape at this time of year.

I've always wanted to check out the screaming heads in Midlothian, so that looks like the perfect place to stop for lunch!

Love southwood too. The frostheaves almost sterilized me the first time i took my bike. Taking the car down there was equally as fun.

Hopefully there's not too much gravel and dirt on the roads from all this gust and rain of late.

I'd be so in, if it wasn't the first day at the new job. :(

I'd be so in, if it wasn't the first day at the new job. :(
No worries- there will be many more - just maybe not this year.

The weather forecast is now showing 11deg for Monday down here, with Parry Sound and Huntsville showing 9deg and mostly sunny. That's still plenty warm enough to go out for this nice long ride if anyone is still interested.

I really really want to...see what I can do about school on Monday. Gotta break in that VFR suspension somehow

Love southwood too. The frostheaves almost sterilized me the first time i took my bike. Taking the car down there was equally as fun.
Hopefully there's not too much gravel and dirt on the roads from all this gust and rain of late.

I used to take my old car to Southwood for some fun, the worst times of year by far were the beginning of July and the end of August.

So.... is anyone up for this?

I'll check back tonight around 11pm. If anyone does want to come I can still meet up at the meetup spot as late as 9am or earlier if it works for you.

But, if no one posts up that they are definitely in, then I will still head out, but I'm going to leave about an hour earlier to maximize daylight.

I'm in....quit my job and boss said not needed this week so I got all week off. Starting at lakeshore and Islington so can meet up whenever. Earlier is better but let me know final start time.

If this ride were tailored to my exact needs I'd be all over it. Enjoy the ride.

I'm in....quit my job and boss said not needed this week so I got all week off. Starting at lakeshore and Islington so can meet up whenever. Earlier is better but let me know final start time.
Sorry or congrats on the job quitting.
I'm coming from Winston Churchill/403, and I usually wake up early too, so maybe a meet up at the Tim's on Weston Rd just south of the 401 would be good for both of us. I can be on the road as early as 6:30, so let me know what time works for you to meet up there.

Sorry or congrats on the job quitting.
I'm coming from Winston Churchill/403, and I usually wake up early too, so maybe a meet up at the Tim's on Weston Rd just south of the 401 would be good for both of us. I can be on the road as early as 6:30, so let me know what time works for you to meet up there.

All good...looking forward to the new job and was going to start tomorrow...but boss had other plans...which changed lol

Anyway 6:30 is a tad early for me but I think I can leave around 7am from home, and can probably be at the Tim's on Weston Rd around 7:30/45.

Will PM you contact info.

It was pretty awesome. 3 of us went and rode together until lunch which was around 1:30pm. Then we split up near Burks Falls, so that they could get home before dark and I decided to finish the whole route.

We did lunch at the Screaming Heads in Midlothian and met Peter who owns the place. Peter showed us around inside his castle that he built and then we walked around the property looking at the screaming heads. Peter has owned this place since 1981 and it's a really interesting place to visit. This is also the same place that Justin throws the Harvest Festivals each year. Some people may know of Justin from the amazing Alien and Transcendance techno parties many years ago. While we were walking around, Justin happened to be there so we talked for a bit and he even rides a sweet Super Magna.

As for the roads, Southwood was in very nice shape, and McDougall road has been freshly repaved, so it's super smooth. They are currently repaving Hurdville Rd, so I would highly recommend it next year. After that we headed up the Bunny Trail and that was good fun, but it's a little bumpy in spots - but zero traffic. The 520 was super smooth as always. The 518 has just had sand put down on it, so it was a little slower going, but mostly clean. I also took Star Lake Rd, which leads to Turtle Lake Rd and they were a lot of fun, but hard packed dirt. I did it on my Pilot Road 4's and was able to ride them at a good speed regardless so any street bike could enjoy them. The 141 is now open again just east of Rosseau where the bridge was out, so that was nice, because it's one of the better roads in the area. Butter n Eggs road was bumpy and too short to make me want to do it again. Muskoka Beach Rd had some pretty good frost heaves in mid corner, so not a road for moving at speed. Housey Rapids Rd & Coopers Falls Rd were nice but a bit bumpy for some folks on here. It was an amazing day of riding!

Overall it was a bit chilly and pretty foggy in the morning. I would not have done it without heated gear.
800km twisty Muskoka ride in mid-November over 11 hours... I'm not complaining.
Here's some pics....

Screaming Heads:
DSCN9796-XL.jpg

DSCN9801-XL.jpg

Windermere Dock:
DSCN9821-XL.jpg

DSCN9819-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Shane for the great ride today had a blast!

Really enjoyed the roads and company and would definitely do again. Just a shame I had to leave and not finish the whole route but next time do. Thank God for heated gear... And I REALLY need me a windshield on this bike!

Back
Top Bottom