Anyone have a Buell 1125r? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have a Buell 1125r?

Nice black one pulled into Tim Hortons in Dunnville on Sunday. Lots of attention from the HD crowd. Lot swamped with bikes out for maybe a last romp!

Check kijiji last night there where 2 in the GTA. The ads are from last month but they might still be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing in GTA that I've seen. One in Barrie area and one in St. Catharines I think. Nearest is in Holland Landing, I guess that could be classified as GTA - still damn far. ;)
I may go see on the weekend.

However, I was hoping to see one without the pressure of the seller being there.

I guess they are even rarer than I thought. Seem to be more popular in the States for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll take a look. Was thinking about stoping there anyhow to see if they have anything worth buying before they shut down so that works.
I talked to Ralph yesterday. It'll be a long while before they shut down. They are open Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Well? Did you get a chance to check it out?
Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Sweet bike, although I've never ridden one. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Here's my first impression:

Good:
Handles very well, ergos work great for me (lean similar to SV650S I used to have), comfortable stock seat, power delivery exactly what I was looking for (lots of torque down low), sounds fairly decent with stock pipe.

Not so good:
Pig on gas, handlebar and foot pegs vibrate, frame heats up a lot (not so bad in cold temps), dumps quite a bit of fuel out of the pressure release hose (apparently normal), rough in low speeds, doesn't like finding neutral when cold, poor options for luggage attachment.

Many of these faults are minor or fixable. The only thing that worries me a bit so far is the fuel consumption because I like to have a bit of range on my bikes but I only finished one tank so far and that included a lot of short rides with warming up and traffic. Also not sure what is the reserve set to. Will have to test it one day.

Last edited:
any 1000cc motor is not going to be great on gas. actually if you do the math, motorcycles are terrible on mpg

Yeah, I get that, however, I got the fuel light at 190km, which is way lower than expected, especially considering a larger than typical SS fuel tank.
Compared to my VFR that's almost 50% worse consumption.

Could be the low temperatures, old oil and old spark plugs. I don't know. Will see in spring. I'm not panicking yet. :)

No need to panic at all.
If you can find an HMF or Drummer exhaust for a decent price I would suggest grabbing it, especially if you can get an EBR ECU for it. Makes a huge difference in how the bike runs.
Highway you'll get 270km before the fuel light comes on too - in the summer at least.

Yeah, I get that, however, I got the fuel light at 190km, which is way lower than expected, especially considering a larger than typical SS fuel tank.
Compared to my VFR that's almost 50% worse consumption.

Could be the low temperatures, old oil and old spark plugs. I don't know. Will see in spring. I'm not panicking yet. :)

Welcome to liter size performance twins. If a fuel light at 190 makes you panic, sell now because that's not even that bad.

Back
Top Bottom