Opinion on this near miss | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinion on this near miss

Who is at fault

• Total voters
If you hit the car entering the roadway - their fault

if you hit a car in incoming traffic - your fault

hit a pedestrian - your fault

think of it this way. Car pulls out, you swerve and hit something, original car drives away. "Officer I missed a car that pulled out and it drove away"

I've heard that with video evidence you can try to prove that the other person was the cause of the accident (without actually getting hit) and in those cases you can have the other driver charged and maybe get insurance to rule in your favor but the chances are slim and most people won't have video as dashcams aren't nearly as prevalent here as they are in places like Russia (hence why we get so many crazy Russian driving videos).

Even that was new to me as I always thought if you don't actually get hit you aren't considered involved in the accident but I've read a few stories lately of people getting charged for leaving the scene after they cause an accident but don't get hit and just leave.

Even that was new to me as I always thought if you don't actually get hit you aren't considered involved in the accident but I've read a few stories lately of people getting charged for leaving the scene after they cause an accident but don't get hit and just leave.

I know someone who was driving north of Barrie in a heavy snow storm and was passed by an idiot blasting along. The idiot lost control and ended up in the ditch. My friend stopped to see if the driver was alright and ended up telling the driver that she was stupid. The drivers response was "F.O." So he left.

Turned out the female was a cop. She must have taken his plate number because she charged him for for leaving the scene.

He beat it but it cost him the paralegal fees. Needless to say he was ****** off.

Back
Top Bottom