Plumbing Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plumbing Question

nobbie48

Site Supporter
My daughter wants to relocate her kitchen sink and it would require adding a foot to the existing copper 1-1/2" drain. It would be easier to switch the additional part to plastic but I noticed the plastic to copper adapter was labeled indicating it should only be used in the trap area ie under the sink.

Is there a reason it couldn't be used in the basement? It is in the furnace room and wouldn't ever be where it couldn't be accessed if it leaked.

I can't think of any such reason besides accessibility in case of leaks. But are you saying that you have to add a foot to the copper drain pipe in the basement, or in the kitchen? Not quite following. Also why not just add a foot of copper?

It's mostly about access as the pipe runs behind the furnace and going with new stuff lets us correct a bunch of other layout issues that waste under-sink space. It's an old house so S trap. Trying to make it neater and add a cheater vent etc.

The added pipe would be in the basement because the sink will be further away from the present location.

Back
Top Bottom