Where to buy 22mm hex head socket? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy 22mm hex head socket?

Bradsma

As the title states I am looking to buy a 1/2" drive 22mm hex head socket. The Z1K is due for new tires and I need to remove the front axle to do this. The rear is a standard hex socket which I owned. The front axle is a hex head (like an Allan key)

I went to CT, TSC, HD and PA. PA had a set and I made one work for removal. If like to have the proper size for install. Any ideas. I'm in London but we may have the same type of store.

Go to a hardware store & look for a coupling nut. It's long so you can put a 22mm socket through that

The coupling nut size is 22mm like an Allan key. I would simply put it in the slot and then put a 22mm socket on that and turn away? Sorry haven't heard of a coupling nut before

Yes sir. Go look at it & it will make sense. Only $1-$2

Go in the nuts & bolts section

Awesome! Thanks a million. I bought a 40 dollar set from PA and 5 were to be wasted an the 7/8th one was going to need some filing. I like your idea much better.

Those two stops were on tomorrow's to do list. Going to try the couple nut thing rocker guy suggested. Seems this thread is all but over. Internet age is awesome.

Put a small extension in a spark plug socket (13/16") backwards.The hex on the top of the socket is 22mm.
PB100048_zpsuhwes7pa.jpg

I read that trick. Unfortunately the spark plug socket I have isn't a solid square. It is on the proper side and just a circle on the inside. I have heard a pipe wrench on the sockets too but that seemed real amateur.

Just looked at a photo of a coupling nut. That is going to be the thing I go with. Have a Dacca fasteners right around the corner from work and the day off tomorrow.

Thread/

Or you could go to Atlas Machinery and get one and do it right. I'm sure that it isn't that expensive. May have to order it, but I doubt it. I'm like a kid in a candy store in there. It's on Queen, just west of University past Simcoe.

You can also stop in at the Condom Shack and the Friendly Stranger while you're there!

The ghetto mall at Dufferin and Lawrence, there's a tool store in the basement. Got my 19mm there

Amazing resource for cheap random tools.

Those two stops were on tomorrow's to do list. Going to try the couple nut thing rocker guy suggested. Seems this thread is all but over. Internet age is awesome.
The last time I was at Home Depot perusing their nuts & bolts. I saw some there. You can ride your bike there, select 3-4 nuts. Take it out to your bike & return the ones that don't fit. Keep the one that fits & you have a lifetime of use. You can even use it with an impact wrench.

Post pics when resolved

Go buy a metric bolt. Cant remember what size but the head fits perfectly in the hole in the axle . Add 2 nuts on the thread and lock them together and you have a axle tool.

I welded a 13/16 spark plug socket to a 2ft piece of pipe, now even the tightest axle bolts are no problem to loosen.

So far I have visited Facca Fastners and Brofasco. No luck on the coupler nut. Any specific stores that stock my size or just keep searching. May go te bolt with nut option if I can't get a coupler nut.

Back
Top Bottom