Google Maps unpauuged | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Google Maps unpauuged

I don't like the changes google has made to there maps.
I prefer google classic of old for picking my routes.
to me its just so much simplar to use.
I've just started using a gps its been hit and miss but this last fall trip it worked well.
maybe its the operator tho i can never admit that.

I haven't noticed any severe changes to the mobile app. If you're talking about the webpage, though, I totally agree.

The new offline map area is much larger; about 450mb for all of the GTA and up to around Huntsville in a single download. But now you can finally start a navigation search without having a data connection. I don't have a data plan, so the old offline maps were interesting but not actually very useful.

In previous versions you could kind of navigate with the offline maps, but you had to start the navigation while you had an internet connection. And if you went off course the route recalculation also required internet, so the new version is much better in that respect.

However, I just got a notification that my offline map had expired, even though I only downloaded it a day or two ago. All of the offline search/route features immediately stopped working until I downloaded it again. That would royally suck if it happened in the middle of a road trip, so I'll be keeping the Scout GPS app (used to be called Skobbler) installed, even though it is less convenient to search.

There are a lot more free nav apps these days. What platform are you on. Skobbler pretty old.

Try CoPilot or spend $50 one time for TomTom. There are lots out there that are excellent and never worry about needing to download.

For routing Furkot is superb if you can master the interface.
https://trips.furkot.com

Just got back from Panama where I was driving around in a rental car. Waze was invaluable and worked really well. I had my passenger check for cops (shakedowns are regular in Panama) and slowed to dead on the limit. One time it was the car behind me that got pointed down to stop and I got waved through. Also the routes were well updated and had a few non-tarmac sections too.

Back
Top Bottom