VP racing fuel | GTAMotorcycle.com

VP racing fuel

georgy

Site Supporter
I have about a 1/3 or more of a drum (55 gallon I think) of old (4 yrs?) VP racing fuel.

Is it still good for anything? If not where can I dump it?

Does anyone want it? The drum is in excellent shape and is just taking up room in my shed.

Burn it in your car....cars are much more tolerant to old gas. I'd cut it perhaps with 50-75% fresh gas each fill up, but it'll save you some $$ every fill up at least.

(Edit: If it's one of the leaded VP options, or a premixed 2 stroke option, disregard above advice!)

Last edited:
I have about a 1/3 or more of a drum (55 gallon I think) of old (4 yrs?) VP racing fuel.

Is it still good for anything? If not where can I dump it?

Does anyone want it? The drum is in excellent shape and is just taking up room in my shed.

You can still burn it but it won't make the power it used to. I burned 1/2 a drum of U4.4 and had no idea when it was opened with no ill effects.

You can still burn it but it won't make the power it used to. I burned 1/2 a drum of U4.4 and had no idea when it was opened with no ill effects.

Think there is any benefit running it over regular gas?

If someone wants to come by and pick it up, it's theirs. I don't really want to bother with taking it out of the drug and putting it into my car...I haven't even been on the bike this year.

Think there is any benefit running it over regular gas?

If someone wants to come by and pick it up, it's theirs. I don't really want to bother with taking it out of the drug and putting it into my car...I haven't even been on the bike this year.

Maybe? Do you just open the barrel each time or is there a pump that's sealed on it? If it's been sealed up well it's probably ok but the only way to really know is try running the old stuff on the Dyno with pump or new VP. I wouldn't just waste it though, you paid for it so you might as well burn it.

Burn it in your car....cars are much more tolerant to old gas. I'd cut it perhaps with 50-75% fresh gas each fill up, but it'll save you some $$ every fill up at least.

Oh and I forgot to address this. DO NOT DO THIS! Let him come get it and use it in his car lol.

Maybe? Do you just open the barrel each time or is there a pump that's sealed on it? If it's been sealed up well it's probably ok but the only way to really know is try running the old stuff on the Dyno with pump or new VP. I wouldn't just waste it though, you paid for it so you might as well burn it.

No pump, but it has a air tight seal on it.

Oh and I forgot to address this. DO NOT DO THIS! Let him come get it and use it in his car lol.

Unless its its a leaded fuel (yes, should have checked, OP can you verify?), and since he has a 4 stroke bike (so again, assuming it's not a premixed 2 stroke VP he has, aka...no oil in the drum), it's likely just high octane unleaded which can be used in a regular gas engine without any issues except for perhaps some reduced power due to the lower BTU's.

But yes, I'll admit...if it's a leaded option, bad idea. I'll edit my response to clarify.

No pump, but it has a air tight seal on it.

I'd use it no questions.

Unless its its a leaded fuel (yes, should have checked, OP can you verify?), and since he has a 4 stroke bike (so again, assuming it's not a premixed 2 stroke VP he has, aka...no oil in the drum), it's likely just high octane unleaded which can be used in a regular gas engine without any issues except for perhaps some reduced power due to the lower BTU's.

But yes, I'll admit...if it's a leaded option, bad idea. I'll edit my response to clarify.

It'll be leaded unless it's T4 (I believe it's lead free) if it's mr12 it's low octane. Best not to use race fuel in a car not because of the octane but because it's most likely leaded.

Fair enough. I agree, leaded in modern car = issues.

Now, if someone has a classic floating around.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom