Marc Marquez is a Little Prick | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marc Marquez is a Little Prick

-Maverick-

Hope the name "little prick" (prik) follows him around for the rest of his racing career. He's brought corruption to our sport, something that's never been seen before. He's effectively ruined it for all of us. Little Prick (the name) should haunt him. I hope this thread goes global on the zeitgeist.

i dont think he's the problem...its the corrupt repsol yesmen running the FIM who are the problem.

I do not like what he did and I have never seen a road racer choose to go slower without team orders.

He chose to ensure a spaniard won the championship, which is not against the rules. Lorenzo won 7 races, had a load of poles, and is a deserving champion. BUT Rossi held the points lead from start to the penultimate race and he too is a deserving champion.

Sad how Marquez blocked Pedrosa but not Lorenzo.

lol - was there really a need to create a new thread to continue an extensive conversation already going on the Motogp thread?

I guess you have never watched the Tour de France.

It's all part of the game, and they make a buttload of money playing it.

Whining about it makes the whiner look bad.

It's all part of the game, and they make a buttload of money playing it.

Whining about it makes the whiner look bad.
No kidding, like, have they not seen hockey? The goalie stops the other team from scoring. Totally the same as well.

have you ever raced bicycles ??
in bicycle racing, if a team put 5 guys at the front of a race to block and aggressively slow the pace down to try and get the break to succeed or that team that was doing that not because they had a teammate in the break, but they didn't want a certain guy to win the sprint....that team would be put in the gutter faster than you can blink- and everyone would say that they were asking for it.

Last edited:
Sorry doc but any condemnation you wish to make of the International Motorcycling Federations must be applied equally to the cycling federations.
During Lamonde's last victory at the Tour de France he had some great cyclists on his team.
When they were hired they were told their function was to ensure Lamonde won, which they did using all the tactics outlined above.

No kidding, like, have they not seen hockey? The goalie stops the other team from scoring. Totally the same as well.
Sure, why not. They're all team sports. Although, players don't usually draft each other in hockey for fear of being offside, but they will run someone wide, or block where they have to. I doubt that even the best individual cyclist in the world is going to beat some of the better teams on his own.

Here's the thing. If Marc did indeed make a conscious effort not to pass Lorenzo, it's more akin to points shaving in basketball. He did not help his team to achieve the best result. Even if he wasn't fast enough to pass JL, the team thing to do would have been to give Dani a shot. Marc had to know Dani had the pace as he closed down nearly 3 seconds in 6 laps. If it's about the team, Marc failed there too.... Unless we're talking Team Spain

So... for those of us that have no idea what this is about... what did he do?

So... for those of us that have no idea what this is about... what did he do?

Both Lorzeno and Marquez are Spanish. There is some speculation that Marquez intentionally slowed down to block others and allow Lorzeno to win (the two are on different teams). There's also the other race before where you can clearly see Marqeuz trying to screw with Rossi via dive bombing every corner. You can see Rossi look back at Marqeuz a few times with a "wtf?" gesture. Marqeuz ends up parking it in a corner when he hits Rossi's knee....and somehow Rossi ended up penalized.

That's my take on the situation; everyone has a different one.

You do realize the Marky Mark is not on Jorge's team? Teammates helping teammates is perfectly reasonable and expected. What happened in Motogp is not reasonable and is simply wrong....

Sorry doc but any condemnation you wish to make of the International Motorcycling Federations must be applied equally to the cycling federations.
During Lamonde's last victory at the Tour de France he had some great cyclists on his team.
When they were hired they were told their function was to ensure Lamonde won, which they did using all the tactics outlined above.

I recently saw a clip with rossi and some guy duking it out for a couple laps, then rossi shoved him off the turn, for sure on purpose, is this what we are talking about?
Did the other dude do something first that he deserved to be railroaded?

You do realize the Marky Mark is not on Jorge's team? Teammates helping teammates is perfectly reasonable and expected. What happened in Motogp is not reasonable and is simply wrong....

'zactly. That's why the announcers were "puzzled" when Ono was racing Kent at the end of Moto3.

I recently saw a clip with rossi and some guy duking it out for a couple laps, then rossi shoved him off the turn, for sure on purpose, is this what we are talking about?
Did the other dude do something first that he deserved to be railroaded?

Watch carefully. Marqeuz was dive bombing every corner for a few laps.

油井緋色;2362994 said:
Watch carefully. Marqeuz was dive bombing every corner for a few laps.

I get the feeling you guys are talking about this incident> Argentina https://youtu.be/TgIWJeJbNHw
He clips himself on rossis bike in my opinion.

I think i was watching last months highlights from Malaysia > https://youtu.be/LM2Fpdk8lHU
That's a blatant push off the track as if he was sending a message, so i guess i need to watch the whole race to see what shenanigans took place beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom