GPS Lap Timers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GPS Lap Timers

I already know how much of a pussy I am through turn 4. LOL... Self preservation is too strong.

The first time i broke the rear loose in T4 was also the last.Still my fave at Mosport tho.Back on topic we go.

Getting off topic lol. Topic says GPS lap timer, anyway looks like it's between the Stalane or Aim solo. Still undecided
What else would you like to know about lap timers? You haven't given any information about what you expect to get out of a lap timer.

Wanted to hear peoples experience with their own gps lap timers. Pros, cons.

We can split on one but mount it on my bike and then you just follow me around so I can tell you how fast we were/weren't going :)

As zx600 mentioned we used the starlene GP3 on the endurance bike this year. Really for what we used it for was overkill as a new goes for over $500 at bluestreak but i found a barely used one for a good price on FB. But if you're looking for lots of detail/analyzed data for your lap it has lots of bells and whistles.

Had an XT Racing GPX Pro 4 GPS lap timer this season. Tonnes of features, my favourite was the track map on the timer screen itself (no need for a laptop trackside) tells you your speed etc. Pretty neat. Also allows you to do split times. It can be used as a dash with the additional wires/sensors. Worth the money if you're actually going to use all the features, otherwise it's just a really expensive lap timer, that's why I sold it.

I have Harrys Lap Timer on my iPhone 5S & tried using it this year by starting the app & then putting the phone in the pocket of my leathers but it didnt work that well at all.
For 2016 I want to mount the iphone to the bike & I'm just wondering what bracket/fixture you all use to secure your iphone (or similar) to the bike?

I have Harrys Lap Timer on my iPhone 5S & tried using it this year by starting the app & then putting the phone in the pocket of my leathers but it didnt work that well at all.
For 2016 I want to mount the iphone to the bike & I'm just wondering what bracket/fixture you all use to secure your iphone (or similar) to the bike?

I just velcro my phone to the tank:)

I just use some universal phone mount I got off ebay. Modified it with some velcro after the phone fell out during a race(fell into belly pan luckily). Like I said it works pretty good but can be finicky. Sometimes it gives me damn perfect gps overlays and other times it will be way off and looks like Micheal J Fox was tracing my lines.

The built in GPS sensor sucks donkey balls. Don't use it.

Get an X-Grip steering stem mount and use contact cement on the four rubber posts and put your iphone in a case you can attach a tether to.

There is another interesting trick you can do the Harry's LapTimer.
Export lap data to a .kml file. Open the file in Google Earth.

http://postimg.org/image/kbpo3gy1r/

Each dot is a GPS reading. The bars to the outside of the track indicate acceleration, bars to the inside deceleration (or braking).

Back
Top Bottom