"Road" on Netflix this month | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"Road" on Netflix this month

I only watch documentaries. Movies have the same recycled idea & Hollywood pew pew

I as well. Went from being a film buff to absolutely hating 95% of anything fictional on any screen anywhere. I can't quote any new movies, now get off my lawn.

I as well. Went from being a film buff to absolutely hating 95% of anything fictional on any screen anywhere. I can't quote any new movies, now get off my lawn.

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyways, why do you guys and gals watch documentaries?

Because fictional moto movies are usually like wild hogs or ghostrider.

Are there better ones out there?

Cross posting, inside joke. Peace brother. (I hope I don't get banned for that)

Also, good morning Neil V.

Cross posting, inside joke. Peace brother. (I hope I don't get banned for that)

Also, good morning Neil V.

I like a good visual to go with a good qoute.. haha

and Good Morning

I like movies based on a true story like those on Alan Turing or Stephen Hawking - even Apollo 13 with Hanks.

That said... The Martian is a tour de force for Ridley Scott my fav director...highly recommended. Terrific cast and seamless CG/cinematography. ( I did not like Gravity by comparison )

Rush is a superb flick in the same theme as Road but for F1...recreated true story. My thesis is that reality is so off the walls at times ( like Road and him coming back from his injuries to race and win again ) that if it was written as fiction it would be rejected.

I apply the same to books and this is one of my favs.

51p-6ItDvYL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

so very unlikely it would not be beleived as a fictional story ...but it actually happened. ( Sea Biscuit is another )

Eighty Dollar Champion is a good read...funny, endearing ....and true.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that. Thanks guys for the recommendation.

'ROAD' (the Dunlop story).

An absolute must watch on Netflix. Don't miss this awesome movie.

Re: 'ROAD' (the Dunlop story).

Maybe be an absolute must watch but what's the take away?

Very touching. My wife never cries over movies (I, on the other hand, sob like a big girl), but when Robert went over the bars at Mather's Cross...I could hear sniffling.

How can something you love so much take so much away. That was the saddest thing I think I've ever seen.

Just watched it and it's a great film, gives a real perspective of how tough the Dunlop family is.

Also try and watch the old documentary called road racers.

[video=youtube;EWZUBt18H8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZUBt18H8M[/video]

Any of these 3 films are a good watch. - even batman :)

b49b0bc52a88ae2863a5cc7e50c7e6eb.jpg

Not motorcycle related ...just an unbeleivable story and a good watch

11166031_ori.jpg

Highly recommended

rodriguez-shadow.png

This is a must see movie. As with the very best - if written as fiction ...no one would beleive it....just watch it.

He's playing in Toronto in December...I had no idea and what a brilliant writer/poet. And especially the influence on apartheid - mysterious ways indeed.

Kind of sad , but they all went out the way they wanted to. On 2 wheels, not sick laying in a hospital bed waiting for the end to come.

I would imagine they would have preferred to avoid the life ending incident and kept doing what they wanted. As for myself I want to be 105 years old and my parachute malfunction right before I start to decline in health.

TT: Closer to the edge is also a good one

[video=youtube;qds9Of4qw-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qds9Of4qw-M[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom