Good time to buy tv now or wait till later on in the year? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good time to buy tv now or wait till later on in the year?

LiNK666

Looking to get a smart tv that can connect to phone/tablet and stream stuff from there to tv...

Looking for a deal! Any suggestions are appreciated.

There's always better tech around the corner, so from that perspective, you can end up waiting forever.

From a savings perspective you might as well wait for christmas if you're not in a huge rush.

Yeah if you have someone in the US you could probably score something nice. But even here they offer pretty good pricing. Started to be more competitive to thwart people heading south to shop. Keep an eye out. If youre looking, this might be the perfect time

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah if you have someone in the US you could probably score something nice. But even here they offer pretty good pricing. Started to be more competitive to thwart people heading south to shop. Keep an eye out. If youre looking, this might be the perfect time

Will do.

Any model recommendations? Looking for one where I can setup to stream from my phone/tablet

Will do.

Any model recommendations? Looking for one where I can setup to stream from my phone/tablet
Cant help you there hah dont know too much about the newer tvs. I'd recommend going to a couple of best buys and asking the sales reps. That way you can get suggestions from them to at least narrow down your search. Then google those models and find info regarding pros/cons from existing users.

Samsung has the most robust software platform. Alternatively, just get a chromecast stick or something.

Personally I run the Plex app on my Samsung and it ties into the media server component on an old Macbook Pro that sits under my TV. Works great and Plex is a sweet media manager.

Samsung has the most robust software platform. Alternatively, just get a chromecast stick or something.

Personally I run the Plex app on my Samsung and it ties into the media server component on an old Macbook Pro that sits under my TV. Works great and Plex is a sweet media manager.

Get any TV and hook up an android box like the Nexus Player which will do a bit more than the chromecast stick with some nice software (Kodi) installed.

Yeah whatever works. I mentioned Samsung because their ecosystem seems the most robust. Plex is really nice and its a downloadable app so you don't need additional hardware. But its only useful to people who store media locally, not streaming.

Yeah whatever works. I mentioned Samsung because their ecosystem seems the most robust. Plex is really nice and its a downloadable app so you don't need additional hardware. But its only useful to people who store media locally, not streaming.

True...what I regret about my TV is getting a smart TV and paying extra for that feature. I hardly use the Smart functions as a dedicated TV box or even a Sony PlayStation/X Box does so much more usually.

So i got my Sony Bravia about 2-3 years ago. Other than the apps that are already on there (netflix, youtube..), hadnt bothered to create a home network. Because i got issues with my usb stick that wouldn't work, i actually gave it a try over the weekend and OMG its so easy and simple that i don't know why i wasted all that time transferring files onto a stick for the past 2-3 years.

I haven't tried streaming from phone to tv though... im guessing getting regular tv with chromecast is just as good if not better

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom