N64 help | GTAMotorcycle.com

N64 help

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Any one happen to have any knowledge of the N64 console? My kids have loved playing it but a few weeks ago the little one tripped over the cord, and it came crashing down. Now it doesn't turn on. Looking for someone that is able to fix it, or point me in the right direction of a reputable shop for repair. Thanks.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Honestly, a used system on kijiji can be had for about $50. I got one with two controllers for $50 not long ago. Might be cheaper to find a system only unit on eBay or kijiji if you think the cables didn't suffer from the fall (video cables are cheap; power adapter not as much).

Honestly, a used system on kijiji can be had for about $50. I got one with two controllers for $50 not long ago. Might be cheaper to find a system only unit on eBay or kijiji if you think the cables didn't suffer from the fall (video cables are cheap; power adapter not as much).
I was figuring as much. The thing is that this unit was kept in a1 condition (prior to the fall) and was hoping that maybe I could barter some services with someone. But the Kijiji route may be my only choice. Thanks.

Funny you posted this. I just hooked up my N64 for my 7 year old to play.

I assume you double checked the power supply at the back? If it seems good then maybe a replacement unit is in order.

If you don't want to take the Kijiji rout there are a couple of shops downtown that should have some used ones for sale. I was just at Game Center at Yonge and Bloor and pretty sure they had one - can't remember the price though. Hi-Tech at Dufferin and Bloor most likely have as well - great guys to deal with there too. And flea markets are always a good bet.

probably just a loose connection on the inside. Try opening it up with a small screw driver and see what's in there.

Make sure the power supply or the RAM expansion pak aren't loose (if installed, probably is). Frankly there isn't a lot going on inside an N64, yours is probably fine, just need to figure out what's loose

Make sure the power supply or the RAM expansion pak aren't loose (if installed, probably is). Frankly there isn't a lot going on inside an N64, yours is probably fine, just need to figure out what's loose

probably just a loose connection on the inside. Try opening it up with a small screw driver and see what's in there.
Will try this tonight. Thanks.

Funny you posted this. I just hooked up my N64 for my 7 year old to play.

I assume you double checked the power supply at the back? If it seems good then maybe a replacement unit is in order.

If you don't want to take the Kijiji rout there are a couple of shops downtown that should have some used ones for sale. I was just at Game Center at Yonge and Bloor and pretty sure they had one - can't remember the price though. Hi-Tech at Dufferin and Bloor most likely have as well - great guys to deal with there too. And flea markets are always a good bet.

Thanks guys.

I probably have mine in a box somere...if I can find it - you can have it. its mint.

I probably have mine in a box somere...if I can find it - you can have it. its mint.
Just for that I'm gonna go scour Woodbridge for graffic tank tops.

If it doesn't turn on at all make sure the power supply block is pushed all the way into the back of the system. it "clicks" when it's in all the way. If the power supply or expansion/jumper pack aren't loose then send me a PM. I have the special tools that open up the Nintendo games and consoles. It's probably something simple.

@Psycho_Biker @TwistedKestrel and everyone else that responded: thanks so much for all the input and offers. I went back over all the connections and sure enough the power needed an extra little push and it seems to be working now! I really appreciate all the help! ?

Do you have Goldeneye? I'll come over and play if you do.
I don't have a fancy new N64, i'm still trying to master Digital Derby.
0eaa29c0fc57cb7179ed3897fdfbf136.jpg

Yes I do have it!
Damn, digital derby! I remember that! Lol. I feel so old now!

Yes I do have it!
Damn, digital derby! I remember that! Lol. I feel so old now!

Ya man, once you get her in 3rd gear things start happening fast!
In fact it should be a mandatory part of the test for ontario drivers.
Old games are better because they teach kids about reality, no matter how good you were, the game just got harder and faster until you died, there was no way to win!

@Psycho_Biker @TwistedKestrel and everyone else that responded: thanks so much for all the input and offers. I went back over all the connections and sure enough the power needed an extra little push and it seems to be working now! I really appreciate all the help! 

No problem, figured it was just something like that. Would take a pretty hard fall to actually break something. Kudos for giving your kids an N64 to play on.

[h=1]GoldenEye 007[/h]---------------------------------
Down, Left, Up C, Right, L + Down, L + Left, L + Up, Left C, Left, Hold Down CAll Weapons

Down, Left, Up C, Right, L + Down, L + Left, L + Up, Left C, Left, Hold Down CAll Weapons

Back
Top Bottom